It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trends analyst predicts global youth uprising, ‘progressive libertarians’ in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

An American trends analyst told a Russian news service recently that in 2011, young people from industrial societies around the world will unite on the Internet to overthrow increasingly ineffective elements of globalism that have driven their economies into depression.

In a wide-ranging interview with Russia Today (RT) on Monday, Gerald Celente made the bold prediction along with a raft of other prognostications on humanity's growing trends.

This was an interesting read, even if it's obvious to most that we're heading in that direction. What I find a bit alarming is the terminology...more of the potentially violence-encouraging rhetoric that we've been discussing so often as of late. Cyber wars. Revolution.

While it can and should be interpreted by most sane and thinking minds as innocuous language, it still does have the potential to inflame and incite, particularly the younger and arguably more impressionable minds. No offense meant here...just a stereotypical observation maybe.

On another note, I think the study author makes a very large assumption that the slacktivists on FaceBook and other social networking sites will actually take action. I remain unconvinced that the majority needed ever will. Maybe as long as it's "easy" for them to...revolution at the push of a button, so to speak, they will. But I highly doubt the PTB will ever allow it to get to that level of accessibility.

In addition, I find his mention of Ron Paul rather interesting. Dr. Paul himself says the way out of the painful mess we're in with our global economy is going to be a long and very painful process. I'm not sure many people (as a whole) in the instant-gratification models of industrialized nations have the patience for this or realize just how long this is going to take...a lifetime. Will our youth? Will they have the fortitude and stamina to do what the older generations couldn't and can't seem to?

And again, my own opinion on "revolution?" Yes there is a worldwide problem...but the only revolution that's going to work is a monetary/economic one where we unshackle ourselves from our dependency on large banks and other corporations and their grace (our salaries) and their credit (our bane) and their controlling tools like the credit score system, which is beginning to control EVERY segment of our lives.

Anyway...interesting reading, and interesting food for thought.

And here's a related YouTube video from the article...

edit on 1/11/2011 by ~Lucidity because: I wanted to add the Dr. Paul part.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I watched this earlier today, we are definitely in for a couple of interesting years.

I pray for the day where we live together in a global community with no monetary system, The root of all the problems we face.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
im in for this already. it has already begun

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by pjp14

Can you give us some examples? Maybe of things that are taking place?

top topics

join