It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After AZ shootings, Rep. Denny Davis told he’s ‘next’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

After Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot on Saturday, Congressman Danny Davis' (D-IL) office reportedly received a threatening email warning that "Danny Davis is next."

Davis, a Democrat from Chicago's West Side who has represented Illinois's 7th congressional district since 1997, said he would normally ignore a threat such as this, but thought he should take action in light of the recent shooting.

"You know some things are cranks, some things are pranks," Rep. Davis told The Chicago Tribune. "Some things you simply don't know about, but I think in this climate it pays to be as cautionary as one can be."

Rush, Beck, Bork, Sean, Coulter, Savage, Levin, Medved, Mancow Hal Turner, ORilley and Ingraham have planted the seeds and now the Rhetoric is bearing fruit.

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."

- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

"Get rid of the guy. Impeach him, censure him, assassinate him."

- Rep. James Hansen (R-UT), talking about President Clinton

"We're going to keep building the party until we're hunting Democrats with dogs."

- Senator Phil Gramm (R-TX), Mother Jones, 08-95

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building."

- Ann Coulter, New York Observer, 08-26-02

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

- Ann Coulter, at the Conservative Political Action Conference, 02-26-02

"Chelsea is a Clinton. She bears the taint; and though not prosecutable in law, in custom and nature the taint cannot be ignored. All the great despotisms of the past - I'm not arguing for despotism as a principle, but they sure knew how to deal with potential trouble - recognized that the families of objectionable citizens were a continuing threat. In Stalin's penal code it was a crime to be the wife or child of an 'enemy of the people.' The Nazis used the same principle, which they called Sippenhaft, 'clan liability.' In Imperial China, enemies of the state were punished 'to the ninth degree': that is, everyone in the offender's own generation would be killed and everyone related via four generations up, to the great-great-grandparents, and four generations down, to the great-great-grandchildren, would also be killed."

- John Derbyshire, National Review, 02-15-01

"Two things made this country great: White men & Christianity. The degree these two have diminished is in direct proportion to the corruption and fall of the nation. Every problem that has arisen (sic) can be directly traced back to our departure from God's Law and the disenfranchisement of White men."

God Help us....All sides need to take responsibility for the things said in anger.
edit on 11-1-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They need to be arrested and sited with Inciting a crime. This is way beyond free speech what they have done. Obama is Hitler, Democrats are destroying the country because they want children to have healthcare. It has been ridiculous for years and yes it is coming home to roost finally. How could anyone be surprised when Palin and Bachmann are even telling people to get their guns ready. It needs to be stopped and the first step is to bring some responsibility to those who use these tactics. Jail them.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
www.rawstory.com...

Rush, Beck, Bork, Sean, Coulter, Savage, Levin, Medved, Mancow Hal Turner, ORilley and Ingraham have planted the seeds and now the Rhetoric is bearing fruit.

um...what?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? When did any of these people 'plant a seed'? You sir are deranged. Maybe you like to assassinate dissenters...but 'normal' people don't. Seek help.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
They need to be arrested and sited with Inciting a crime. This is way beyond free speech what they have done. Obama is Hitler, Democrats are destroying the country because they want children to have healthcare. It has been ridiculous for years and yes it is coming home to roost finally. How could anyone be surprised when Palin and Bachmann are even telling people to get their guns ready. It needs to be stopped and the first step is to bring some responsibility to those who use these tactics. Jail them.

Perhaps we should include Obama in that list?

“They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”

“We talk to these folks… so I know whose *** to kick.“

"Republican victory would mean 'hand to hand combat'"

“It’s time to Fight for it.”

“Punish your enemies.”

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
HAHAhaHA your crazy, now your excusing these folks and republicans for what happend, screw you dude

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I know. The damn right wing rhetoric is driving this country to insanity.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Can't you see? The right wing rhetoric is causing radical left wing liberal potheads to shoot Constitution minded people!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by KonigKaos

Really? They caused this to happen?

How so?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The OP is saying that all of those listed individuals have openly urged others to commit acts of violence. His list and following quotes make perfect sense.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

www.rawstory.com...

um...what?

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? When did any of these people 'plant a seed'? You sir are deranged. Maybe you like to assassinate dissenters...but 'normal' people don't. Seek help.

I call this type of rhetoric, planting a seed of violence.

I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."

- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

Please point out where anything I have ever said says "I would like to assassinate dissenters" I just want all sides to watch what they say because there are some people that take violent rhetoric to heart as referenced in the article.
edit on 11-1-2011 by whaaa because: add stuff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
you really think what these politicians/entertainment hosts said are the cause of what happened Saturday?

dude, way off base here, have you looked into the shooters background? at all?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plugged
The OP is saying that all of those listed individuals have openly urged others to commit acts of violence. . . .

He missed the quotes by Obama.

How convenient, eh?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Weak minds develop strong will to respond to irresponsible rhetoric. Common sense says to not actually take that rhetoric to heart and commit the violent acts as suggested, but those who are in a position to influence through the media need to consider just who they may be influencing.

It is perhaps more responsible for those with media influence to point out the foibles of their foes but leave suggestions of violence out of their speech. Some are just more than happy to comply with their suggestions.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by white_raven
you really think what these politicians/entertainment hosts said are the cause of what happened Saturday?

dude, way off base here, have you looked into the shooters background? at all?

Where in my OP did I mention "what happened Saturday"?

Check this out....dude

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
this is not worth it anymore.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Nevermind left or right, the proper course is straight ahead. Sheeesh, some see only black and white, right or left, day and night. We have to navigate all those elements to get where we're going.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Do you have any quotes newer than those? The latest quote you show was 9 years years ago as far as I could tell.
Thanks
SL

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

For the record, I don't believe that Palins poster incited anyone to violence per se; but the implication of violence in press, radio, films, www. from any side does not serve this country well.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

reply to post by Erongaricuaro

For the record, I don't believe that Palins poster incited anyone to violence per se; but the implication of violence in press, radio, films, www. from any side does not serve this country well.

I agree with you there. I hope all those with power of the media to influence will take stock of what, quite literally, they are telling people.

I don't personally blame Palin either, but she is a contributor along with many others that should be more responsible with their words. Hopefully in light of these incidents they will all take into consideration the power of their rhetoric and use it more responsibly.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ok fair enough, then, what exactly are you trying to say, that politicians in general are inciting violence and people are going through and enacting them?

they have been doing that for years and years. I dont see how that figures into what is happening now.
edit on 11-1-2011 by white_raven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by white_raven
Ok fair enough, then, what exactly are you trying to say, that politicians in general are inciting violence and people are going through and enacting them?

I am suggesting some people in the media are using some irresponsible rhetoric. It would not hurt themselves, their message, or their audience to bring it up a notch.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join