It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a Land of Psychopaths Psychopathic Behaviour is the Norm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elderlight
The US encourages its citizens to develop rugged individualism which also contributes to the development of psychopatic characteristics.

...i dont agree with that at all...

...the entrepreneur spirit is often encouraged but so is herd mentality and its been that way for centuries...

...saying that rugged individualism contributes to the development of psychopathic characteristics is an erroneous presumption, imo...

...no one really knows for sure what causes a psychopath... some pros say early development trauma is very common among psychopaths who have been diagnosed... there are other pros who lean towards a genetic predisposition... some pros suspect that its a blend of both, in that early development trauma facilitated the genetic factor...

...welcome aboard, elderlight... good topic choice...

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by Elderlight

... I just popped in to make sure this wasn't a "America is full of crazies, but no one else is." type of thread. I am sure you meant that the whole world is a mess, and not just my country...

...it really doesnt matter if this a bash the usofa thread or not... we all have opinions... elderlight is expressing hers... we dont have to agree with every point or any of them... also, the article in the op was not her writing but authored by someone else and, of course, its sensationalism because thats the norm nowadays... for what its worth, i agree with you in that there are all levels of psychopaths everywhere and i seriously doubt that any country is immune...

Yeah, but what if the opinion being discussed is factually incorrect?

<< 1   >>

join