It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxygen deficient Planet now obvious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
We have been using more Oxygen than Earth produces the last few decades. We've saturated the oceans with carbon dioxide and now are seeing the effects of our stupidity.

The birds dropping dead and the ocean life washing ashore dead...WE did that.

Those Trillions upon Trillions of barrels of oil we have BURNED did not disappear. It released all that carbon into our biosphere and used up our oxygen in the process.

There is no conspiracy..we're watching it all unfold before our eyes. Our Government has known it was coming and THINKS they can survive in their bunkers and in 1 year a few humans may emerge to re inhabit the planet. They are dead wrong.

There won't be enough oxygen for them either when they emerge from their bunker in 1 year. Nor will there be food for them to eat.

This winter has just begun and plants in the northern hemisphere won't make oxygen when they are frozen. If birds and sea life are dying now this early into the Earth tilting back from the sun...It's highly unlikely we won't make it through the winter either.

I pray I'm dead wrong on my theory on why everything is falling dead. I pray I get to see next summer. But the science contradicts my prayer.

www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2008-08/15/content_6937226.htm
edit on 11-1-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The earth is saturated by Oxygen and carbon dioxide is been consumed and Oxygen is been expelled by trees and plants alike at an efficient rate still, i see truth in what your saying but it wont be for many many years yet before what youve identified becomes a problem.

edit on 11/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Didn't the global warmists say the ice in Antarctica was supposed to melt away like 2 years ago and raise the water level of the world up dramatically? Well the ice is still there. And we are still here.

"OH NO CLIMATE CHANGE!!!" ...I'm not worried.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

You sound kinda like a mislead enviromentalist,carbon dioxide which we humans expell is not a pollutant,its plant food for the earths plants with out it they would die.I have seen no evidence that the earth is in any short comming of oxygen,birds fish animals and even people die,for many different reasons but I fail to see lack of oxygen as one of the reasons.I would like you to provide more data in support of your theory please.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

The fact that it's winter in the northern hemisphere is irrelevant to oxygen levels globally. Most of the worlds forestation is south of the equator and is quite busily converting carbon dioxide into oxygen as we speak - as are their marine biological counterparts.\

We definitely are dirtying up our air. But we are not running out of it.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
What plant is nearly the best at converting CO2 into oxygen? AND can thrive in many climates? AND grows like a weed? AND we consider it "illegal?"

You guessed it. Maybe we should all grow it indoors - to replenish our oxygen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

There is a lot of info out there that supports your theary...I think you could find stuff to back it up... like

"Particularly alarming is the fact that the Southern Ocean wasn't expected to hit these saturation levels until the middle of this century.

The overloading of carbon dioxide levels has been caused by increased winds in the Southern Ocean. Usually the winds are such that carbon dioxide is naturally mixed in with the water due to wave activity, but when wind increases, carbon stored deep in the ocean rises to the surface, decreasing the capacity for the body of water to store excesses such as what humans create through industry."
www.greenlivingtips.com...

Ther removal of the forests and the jungles world wide has not slowed the need for Oxigen has increased as the population rises. there have been fish deaths even along the shore here pacific Northwest from lack of oxigen I think this was from Red tides.

"levels of nitrogen, phosphorous, and other nutrients in coastal waters are increasing due to runoff from fertilizers and animal waste.' (causing red tides and lack of oxigen)
www.enotes.com...
" the largest dead zone covered 70,000 square kilometres (27,000 mi²). A 2008 study counted 405 dead zones worldwide."
en.wikipedia.org...(ecology)
there are large dead zones

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Nah just plant Hemp instead, its just as good as "aH-hem" at producing oxygen and not illegal

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Amaterasu

Nah just plant Hemp instead, its just as good as "aH-hem" at producing oxygen and not illegal

Well, hemp is the same thing under slightly different growing conditions. Don't let them tell you otherwise.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This is for the climate change deniers.

Africa is suffering deforestation at twice the world rate, according to the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).[1][2][3] Some sources claim that deforestation has already wiped out roughly 90% of West Africa's original forests.[4][5

Ethiopia has lost 98% of its forested regions in the last 50 years.[19] At the beginning of the 20th century, around 420,000 km² or 35% of Ethiopia's land was covered with forests. Recent reports indicate that forests cover less than 14.2%

Deforestation[22] with resulting desertification, water resource degradation and soil loss has affected approximately 94% of Madagascar's previously biologically productive lands.
According to 2005 report conducted by the FAO, Vietnam has the second highest rate of deforestation of primary forests in the world second to only Nigeria.[32] More than 90% of the old-growth rainforests of the Philippine Archipelago have been cut.

As of 2008, at present rates, tropical rainforests in Indonesia would be logged out in 10 years, Papua New Guinea in 13 to 16 years

In 1998, deforestation is thought to have been responsible for around 12% of Australia's total carbon emissions
In the 800 years of human occupation of New Zealand 75% of the forests were lost

Certain areas such as the Atlantic Rainforest have been diminished to just 7% of their original size

Deforestation could wipe out or severely damage nearly 60% of the Amazon rainforest by 2030, says a new report from WWF.

While carbon taxation maybe a scam. The destruction of habitat is not. Nor is the impact of mining, drilling, and
Refining recourses.

I think it's obvious to see we have impacted the earth by degrading the biological fabric it supports. It is all symbiotic and interwoven.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

I just noticed yesterday that a rosemary plant I've had potted on my deck for 7 years is dead as a door-nail. It has survived, unscathed, in the same pot in the same location on my deck for all those years... rain, shine, sleet, snow. It is nothing but stalks of death. Why?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Movescamp
This is for the climate change deniers.

Is it for those who say the climate is changing but that humans have virtually nothing to do with it? Or if they do, it's HAARP?

Just curious.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

OP, I don't think your case is completely made, but I do think it has some merit.

Deforestation is a major factor. Estimates range from 70 to 90% of the worlds forests have been destroyed through "progress." So, there is a lot less foliage out there converting CO2 to O2. The vast majority of life on Earth is contained in the Oceans, and pollution has done a number on destroying that life as well. I have read statistics at some point, but I don't know where to find them now, but the Ocean is very efficient at converting CO2 to O2, but our modern industrial problems are impacting that process as well.

There is plenty of research to prove that Oxygen levels in our atmosphere were once much, much higher. The giant insects and cephalapods (sp?) of the past were possible because of that higher oxygen saturation. Many things have had to downsize over millions of years to survive as oxygen levels have continually dropped.

I think your OP could be very good with some more research, sources, and examples.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
accidental post please remove
edit on 11/1/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Photosynthesis does not occur in the winter time. Frozen trees and dead plants don't make oxygen, they are dormant.

Plankton doesn't exist in cold waters when the Earth tilts back for the winter season...to make us Oxygen in the Northern Hemisphere.

To get thru the winters we rely on saturation levels in our Atmosphere for oxygen.

Those saturation levels are now below what is needed to sustain life.

mendocoastcurrent.wordpress.com...

edit on 11-1-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Federal EPA Oxygen monitoring of Lake Erie:

www.epa.gov/greatlakes/monitoring/d_o/

"""The fact that oxygen levels have continued to reach below 1mg/L so often within recent years is of concern to many scientists and will continue to be watched closely. """

We did that.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Photosynthesis does not occur in the winter time. Frozen trees and dead plants don't make oxygen, they are dormant.

It most certainly does occur in the winter, not all chloroplasts are located in the leaves. Also, trees do not typically freeze in the winter, if they did they would be dead trees once they thawed. Trees have developed several ways to prevent cellular damage from cold weather and only in very extreme and prolonged cold spells will they suffer injury.

Plankton doesn't exist in cold waters when the Earth tilts back for the winter season...to make us Oxygen in the Northern Hemisphere.

It does exist, just not in very large numbers. Otherwise where would the new plankton bloom from once the weather warmed?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Plankton does occur in colder water and is rare in warmer water.

A secondary variable is nutrient availability. Although large areas of the tropical and sub-tropical oceans have abundant light, they experience relatively low primary production because they offer limited nutrients such as nitrate, phosphate and silicate. This results from large-scale ocean circulation and water column stratification. In such regions, primary production usually occurs at greater depth, although at a reduced level (because of reduced light).

Link.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5f7368f1aa1f.png[/atsimg]

The majority of the worlds oxygen is produced by algae and bacteria. The world is already been victim of deforestation. Europe for example once was a big forest. If it wasn't for the plague that wiped out at least a 1/4 of Europeans there wouldn't even be Columbus day cause he would not have had a boat to go. The 200 years nature got from less people it replenished remarkabe.

When the first bacteria started to produce oxygen almost all life was wiped out because it's toxic. A bacteria !...

Don't worry oxygen will not be gone soon.

And if it does... well we are all gonna die anyway eventually...

new topics

top topics

join