It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 dead birds California + dead fishes in Chicago + dead fishes in India + dead birds Romania Jan11

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Again, a straw man does not answer my question.

It does not matter what I call mass, I am asking how 100 deaths (which is not uncommon) is anywhere near the same as the Beebe incident (Or other) that had way more than 100 deaths. And was (apparently) uncommon.

See, I am not discounting anything. All I am asking is how the events are related, and the run-a-round is letting me know that you folks realize that they may not be similar after all.

So far, the equation is as follows:

100 dead birds = 1000+ dead birds

(My math may be rusty, but that doesn't seem to add up.)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dudly

I pay attention to nature quite a bit in my area. I noticed when there are only 2 dead birds. I know before I moved to my new place on october I found 3 or 4 dead baby ducks but that is common because sometimes when they get away from their mother they die
If this sort of thing happened all the time; it would happen here in missouri as well and I would have noticed a lot. I don't buy that theory at all.
edit on 11-1-2011 by dreamseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Correct. but if I ran outside to that (100 dead birds) I would think my gas line was leaking.

If I walked out to THOUSANDS of dead birds, then maybe I would worry.

My pet store has more birds. If they all died in the pet store, would that be odd? Or would it be a carbon monoxide leak?

All I am saying is that I don't see how 100 dead birds is the same as thousands of dead birds. Or do we just want to have the events relate? So it will stay popular? (Honest questions, I never was good at these scare events.)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Strawmen do nothing to answer my question.

If 100 is a "mass die off" then 1000 is an "uber mass die off"??

What if it had be 25 birds, 50, 99.9?

When does it become a "mass die off"?

(Or are we looking for any "large" number so we can lump it in with the others?)

I do not know if the others are common, or not. But 100 birds dying IS COMMON.

Like I said before, my local pet store has more birds.

EDIT-
Source for claim:
Saucy Source
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Saucemans

OK, enough if these wasteless semantics debates, have you bothered to look at a dictionary definition to shed light on what qualifies as mass? Here's the parts of the definition that relate to 'mass' in the manner we're discussing:
3. aggregate; whole (usually prec. by in the ): People, in the mass, mean well.
4. a considerable assemblage, number, or quantity: a mass of errors; a mass of troops.
5. bulk, size, expanse, or massiveness: towers of great mass and strength.

So really we need to ask, is 100 birds at once a considerable assemblage? Would you look twice and say, damn, that's a lot of birds!
Or, is it an aggregate, a whole, perhaps a whole pack of wolves died off, that would be a mass death.

There is no magic number, quit the rhetoric, you seem to be missing the point.
And failing to suggest an actual reason.
Quibble, Quibble..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Again, a straw man does not answer my question.

It does not matter what I call mass, I am asking how 100 deaths (which is not uncommon) is anywhere near the same as the Beebe incident (Or other) that had way more than 100 deaths. And was (apparently) uncommon.

See, I am not discounting anything. All I am asking is how the events are related, and the run-a-round is letting me know that you folks realize that they may not be similar after all.

So far, the equation is as follows:

100 dead birds = 1000+ dead birds

(My math may be rusty, but that doesn't seem to add up.)

Well groups of dead birds dead for unusual or unknown reasons ie not disease regardless of size or speicies is related by their oddness or unexplainedness :-)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

All I am saying is that I don't see how 100 dead birds is the same as thousands of dead birds. Or do we just want to have the events relate? So it will stay popular? (Honest questions, I never was good at these scare events.)

You're trying to take the 100 birds out of the picture.
Perhaps no correlation has been proven yet, but let's give it more than a week eh?
Just because it isn't proven at this point, and just because it doesn't SEEM to be substantial, IN YOUR OPINION, why should anyone else throw this possible piece of valuable information out of the equation?
Indeed, nobody is but you.
I think you are onto something though, 100 birds in a house would say carbon monoxide to me too. So a thousand in the air could mean something along the same lines. Hence, use the 100 bird info to further our investigation, productively.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by skylightsintheillions

Thank you

I have such a hard time entering these topics, mostly because I can never clearly state what it is I am trying to state.

Most importantly, I am not saying ANY event is common other than 100 birds dying.

I am not saying THIS specific instance is common, I am asking how it is not. No more, no less.

(Though I am sure I am not explaining myself well enough. If you read my posts and think my stance is this:

"You guys are nuts! This stuff happens all the time!"

That is incorrect. All I am asking is about the 100 birds in California.(I notice the OP has changed to include more.) Like you pointed out, my opinion (and many others (in that source I provided)) think that this is common. JUST THE 100 BIRDS!! I can apply it to the other accounts, if it is shown that it is different somehow.

(Again, time will tell. And I would have accepted that answer to begin with.
)

Thanks again! (Seriously!)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by skylightsintheillions
OK, enough if these wasteless semantics debates, have you bothered to look at a dictionary definition...

I did! I even put it in the thread, here I will re-post it since 3 pages was too large to read through:

So we are just looking for large numbers to lump together, thank you for clarifiying that for me!

I was begining to think something WAS up, but it is just human nature at it again.

mass   /mæs/ Show Spelled
[mas] Show IPA

–noun
1. a body of coherent matter, usually of indefinite shape and often of considerable size: a mass of dough.

dictionary.reference.com...

Considerable size, hmm 100...
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: The real definition...

Perhaps you should read before telling others to read?

And I even called the semantics argument, in another of my posts:

reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Adding "suggesting" I am sure this will become semantic antics pretty soon

That was fun, want to talk about the topic now?

How is 100 birds dying the same as 1000 birds dying mysteriously?

EDIT--
I already recieved a sufficient answer. That last question is rhetorical, since I know how now. (The answer is "hope", at least until "time tells".)
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
how is it not?
regardless of how you wish for your answer to be returned,.
the fact is the numbers are adding up where in records do not show as many
globally AT THE SAME TIME< that is the key here.. the amount in a short duration of time.
and many different species.
so what is there to argue or debate with that?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

"How is it not?"

One example I gave:

Correct. but if I ran outside to that (100 dead birds) I would think my gas line was leaking

100 is not that many, not enough to compare to the THOUSANDS that have died in the other events.

In any event, I already got my answer. Which I had suspected from the start. If these die offs are really something to be wary of, throwing in extras (like 100 birds) isn't really going to matter.

Chicago apparently just had a die off, thousands of fish. All one species, again. (Which you guys could have used in your defense, though tis too late now because I am almost done with the "debate".)

As per my other postings, I will only respond if directly posted to. I will allow edits for folks who don't read the whole thread before posting too

I know my postion is hard to debate against, it usually is.

EDIT--
That last line was not supposed to sound so arrogant, let's see. I know my mindset is hard to debat against, I require things like sources and evidence. Feelings and such are fine too, I just don't subscribe to 100 birds being a mass die off.

Funny how I can agree with you thinking it is, but when I ask for a why I am a meanie. Heck I am even open to it being an is, but again with that evidence...
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Arrogance, apparently I do have it! (Apologies if I offended, I am only human.)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Well at least what I know is that the officials and the MSM do not give us clear info.
We're gathering all information we can on this topic and you can watch it here if you'd like:
Click here for Awakening Topics

We stay on top

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Good, California Coast needs less seagulls.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i'm new here so forgive me for not yet understanding how to reply to individuals or quote just yet.

on the first page someone posted a link to the .gov site where there is an ongoing list of die offs. well, how many of those happened in ONE DAY? not many. most of them happened over time or are ongoing. that leads me to believe that what ever is going on now is NOT normal or a common occurrence.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Just flagged you. If this keeps up it will be of Biblical proprotions very soon if it isn't already. Who knows with the level of cover-up[s going on. Shees

Adigregorio

Over the span of what 11 days. I wonder how this adds up collectively with only what has been reported. Fish and bird. What if all of a sudden there were no birds in the sky at all. As unexplained as this is it could easily go that way. Could it not? Wake up my man.
edit on 11-1-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hi randyvs,.
This may just fade away as a non issue,. but it does seem to be concerning,.
I'd like to see a way to chart the die offs over a span of time and see if there is any
corrolation to the recent weather, BP chemicals or (says quietly) global warming

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Where are the Scientist on this Bird thing. If it's a normal thing, tell us. When they give us some lame excuses that are really laughable. It leaves it open to wild speculation.

PS. I wish they would tell me so I could set this Canary down...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I truly cannot say whether 100 birds is a mass die off. But look at the last two weeks of all the animals/birds/fish that have died. Nature is a chain. If masses of one species is depleting, then what happens to the animals that feed on them?
So far in East Tennessee we have not experienced this issue. If I started to see the doves dying, then I worry about the hawks that feed on them. If the hawks don't have enough to eat...then they will starve. If they starve...what is next in the food chain?
Nature is a chain...including us. What happens if this breaks down? I don't want to be here if we don't have our nature and its wonders.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Can anyone explain how the hell 900 Turkey buzzards and Hawks drowned in Miami Dade county? That seems like the dumbest excuse I have ever heard.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

If a thousand birds die in the forest and no one is there to see them, are they still a mass?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
100 Birds small birds dead by a highway. 100 small birds in a tight flock could easily have been hit by a passing large truck. When ever you see dead birds by a road I would think 99 times out of a 100 they are road kill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join