It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 dead birds California + dead fishes in Chicago + dead fishes in India + dead birds Romania Jan11

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

I added a source, the NEWS says it is common.

Who says it is not, you?

EDIT--
If you are going do discount my link, be sure to discount all 8 pages of sources.

Each one, let me know how it is "un-common".

And that is just 2009, I can give you 2008 next.
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Obvious edit is obvious

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
Only 100?

That is a "mass die off"?

Ohhh it is "over 100" I guess Cruella DeVille is after birds now.

C'mon 100 birds? I would buy 500 as "mass" but "100"? I mean the pet store has more birds.

.MASS... A grouping of individual parts or elements that compose a unified body of unspecified size or quantity:
www.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Prophecy of birds falling from sky and mass fish die-offs was made several hundred years ago

Mohawk Indian prophecy

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

So we are just looking for large numbers to lump together, thank you for clarifiying that for me!

I was begining to think something WAS up, but it is just human nature at it again.

mass   /mæs/ Show Spelled
[mas] Show IPA

–noun
1. a body of coherent matter, usually of indefinite shape and often of considerable size: a mass of dough.

dictionary.reference.com...

Considerable size, hmm 100...
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: The real definition...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Man, 11/01/11 has just been a freaking bad day all round.

Also, to be a pita, it's just fish, not fishes
- I'm sorry I can't help myself

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Can someone explain how

100 birds is a mass die off?

"Over 100"? Okay

Can someone explain how

101 birds is a mass die off?

Perhaps you should ask the USGS?

Here is a link for their quarterly reports on mass deaths.

www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

The smallest number I found was 7

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The 'News' is there to keep the public calm and not mass panic. When the 'public' panics, the 'Elite' can't take to their shelters. Mass tonnes of dead sealife is washing up ashore, birds falling from the sky due to lack of oxygen.. I don't need any more proof. # is going down. The more birds that 'fall' the less there are to help the environment and plant life. The more fish that die puts the ocean ecosystem at harm. This is seemingly intently so when more die, it puts the whole damn food chain of the WORLD at risk of starvation. This is a global kill off. There'll be a few more reports of animal deaths (what happened to the bee deaths? swept under the rug) and the media will say it's normal and the sources getting them out will try to be hidden.. Good day chaps, I'm packing up and making plans to head to the interior. Remember, use intuition. DON'T overthink as best you can. Do what you want to do, don't add stress to an already stressful situation. Oh and that Ready.Gov commercial that's so conveniently made just now? Ya.. A bit of a warning.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Your source is a google search?

LMAO

I have already gone through most of those links and shown how they can't be comparable to now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Have at it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

100 birds is not a "mass"

And "rasing the bar" is not a way to debate.

Discount EVERY ONE OF THE EIGHT PAGES OF NEWS LINKS.

In here, this thread, right now. You want me to believe that 100 birds is a mass die off, then you better give some dang evidence.

I am talking about this topic, how is 100 birds a MASS die off? And if it is mass, then the other die offs must be UBER MASS!! OMG!!!1!!1

Right?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Quarterly Mortality Reports

National Wildlife Health Center (NWHC) produces quarterly mortality reports, containing information about wildlife mortality events throughout the United States and on occasion across North America

(From your own link.)
www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

Point out where they say "mass" please

Oh wait! It isn't there. Or I missed it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Yes I do say its uncommon...........Although you can no longer find those threads and post in my profile ………..”Mass” bird deaths are what lead me to ATS…….

I have researched “mass” bird deaths and seeing this many in such a short time frame is “NOT COMMON”.

Not sure what your point is on this thread……………You have made your remarks and it is noted that these bird deaths are not considered a “massive” bird die off and in your opinion which seems to coincide with the Governments position is that its “common”

Your point is taken and noted………….

No need to discuss your opinion any further on this thread…………I suggest you starting a thread if you wish to debate your opinion……….but not here……..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Intersting searchable by dates map on die offs

www.whmn.org...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I am glad you do not run the boards!

All I am asking is how 100 birds dying is a MASS die off?

The other ones, I am saying nothing about. Other than there were more deaths...

Of course, you must have me leave now because my point is valid. Well, if the mods feel my point has been reached, I am sure it will become apparent. Until then:

Can someone explain how 100 birds dying is a "mass" die off?

Also, how is it uncommon? I mean I provided EIGHT PAGES of news articles that shows it isn't that uncommon.

(Where is the proof from your side?)

EDIT--

LOL telling --suggesting-- me to leave, and it isn't even your thread.
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: LOL

edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Adding "suggesting" I am sure this will become semantic antics pretty soon

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You have your thread topic now........please start it..........I will go there and debate it with you........I am sure others will give you a few stars as well......

Lets keep this thread on topic with the OP's post.......and any addtional information bringing more light to these reports

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky

You have your thread topic now........please start it..........I will go there and debate it with you........I am sure others will give you a few stars as well......

Lets keep this thread on topic with the OP's post.......and any addtional information bringing more light to these reports

How is 100 bird deaths a mass die off?

(Next question)

How is that not the topic:

100 dead birds California

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

honestly, I think the media is just as much in the dark about this phenomena as we are...if not more so because at least we have the collective brain-power of ATS at our disposal....

I do believe that there are definitely people in the know, however I do not believe that the general MSM is included in that group. I mean, they are the ones relaying the "death-by-cold-&-or-fireworks" remember....

edit on 11-1-2011 by stupid girl because: grammar

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

See this is the stuff I am not talking about.

I do not know enough to make an assesment of the "fireworks" or "cold" or "dark flying" or "whatever"

All I am asking is how 100 dead birds here, is any comparison to those other events.

Considering the other events involved WAY MORE birds, and the circumstances were odd. 100 birds dying is not uncommon, I do not know about 1000 birds dying. (And I do not profess to know)

Please, can someone explain how 100 dead birds = 1000 mysteriously dead birds

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I am glad you do not run the boards!

All I am asking is how 100 birds dying is a MASS die off?

The other ones, I am saying nothing about. Other than there were more deaths...

Of course, you must have me leave now because my point is valid. Well, if the mods feel my point has been reached, I am sure it will become apparent. Until then:

Can someone explain how 100 birds dying is a "mass" die off?

Also, how is it uncommon? I mean I provided EIGHT PAGES of news articles that shows it isn't that uncommon.

(Where is the proof from your side?)

EDIT--

LOL telling --suggesting-- me to leave, and it isn't even your thread.
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: LOL

edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Adding "suggesting" I am sure this will become semantic antics pretty soon

Wow you have a problem with the word mass..if it were 100 people in a grave would you call it a mass grave? How do you get YOUR number for mass?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Well, I'll just say this, if I walked outside my front door this morning and found 100 dead birds laying in my yard, I would consider that odd and out of the ordinary.
I would even find it strange if I saw a couple (as in "2") or a few (as in "3" to "5").
Now, anything between 5 and 15 would be considered "several" or a "bunch".
More than 15 but less than 30 or 35 I would categorize as "many" or "a lot".
Any number of dead animals above 50, would classify as a "mass" or what I usually refer to as a "sh*t load"

2 dead elephants are a few dead elephants
100 dead elephants are a massive sh*t load of dead elephants

It shouldn't matter the size of the animal, what we're looking at is the number and 100 dead anything is significant, IMO.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just saw swallows flying south and they are south already to far, few days ago there was others going north.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join