It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

100 dead birds California + dead fishes in Chicago + dead fishes in India + dead birds Romania Jan11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
More than 100 dead birds found off Calif. highway

California wildlife officials are trying to figure out what caused the death of more than 100 birds found clustered together just off Highway 101.

The Santa Rosa Press Democrat reports that California Highway Patrol officers found the dead birds near the roadway on Saturday and called in the state Department of Fish and Game to investigate.

The officers who found the birds described them as small with brown and black feathers. They were intact and had not been shot.

Well add California to the list...

And Chicago :
Major, Bizarre Fish Die-Off Along Lakefront

A bizarre scene is evolving on the Chicago lakefront, with Canada geese and mallard ducks gulping down dead or dying gizzard shad.

A major die-off of what appears to be the 2010 class is happening in Chicago harbors. Thousands, perhaps far more than that, of dead gizzard shad in the 3- to 5-inch range are frozen in the ice of Chicago harbors or floating around in open patches of water.

Probably just the cold...

Thousands dead fishes in India... but due to pollution...

Dead birds in Romania...
Romanian birds drank themselves to death

DOZENS of birds found dead in eastern Romania drank themselves to death, the local sanitary and veterinary authority has revealed.

Really?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
good find, the news plays all day in my office and not one mention of this
flag for you

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Ca bird story makes sure to note that mass die-offs are common and that we are just being more aware of it these days.

This could be true, but it also may not be. We just don't have enough answers. I think someone should start a 2011 animal mass death thread to track this stuff. The animals are the canaries in the coal mines. They will tell us when things get really bad.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Let’s bring more attention to this report.............Like to see exactly what species of birds

So these birds were found on a highway............I had posted on another bird thread on Sunday that "we" should be looking for other bird deaths not in our backyards or roadways but in rural fields and farm land. There could be many bird deaths that are going unreported.............

Post from Sunday...www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Ya know,.
I am in my mid 40s and have often traveled to many places
as a kid growing up we would always take the look at a dead bird or animal
because of simple curiosity.
as I grew up we travaled alot, saw many interesting places and animals.
I also was interested in the news and worldly topics.

So now here we are in the present, I still travel a great deal and see many things all the time
However,.I am being told by the media and other sources that this bird and fish kill in the numbers
that we are seeing is "Nothing unusual " and "It happens all the Time"
well,.unless my memory is seriously failing,. This is not usual and has not happened like this in the amounts
that it has been happening,. Yes it was normal to see some small schools of fish was up on shores
but not like this,.
what,. people around the world never noticed this before?
I think not,.
Now it is many days after the initial find and they are still dropping outta the sky?
(sarcasm on)Yeah,. must be a normal occurance,. (sarcasm off)

edit on 11-1-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Only 100?

That is a "mass die off"?

Ohhh it is "over 100" I guess Cruella DeVille is after birds now.

C'mon 100 birds? I would buy 500 as "mass" but "100"? I mean the pet store has more birds.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well you can argue that this has happened before, mass die offs anyway. There is some proof in our history for mass die offs, the dinosaurs for instance. However, i believe these occorances today are nothing more than a warning. For what though is hard to tell, but a warning indeed.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
It looks like USGS is starting to track the animal/bird deaths. Not sure how often they will be updating this site.
Last update was 1/7/11.
Here is the link: www.nwhc.usgs.gov...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Probably just the cold...

Could be the cold. It -IS- a logical explanation. But it begs the questions WHY are they dying from cold weather. And why now and not previous seasons?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
The Ca bird story makes sure to note that mass die-offs are common and that we are just being more aware of it these days.

This could be true, but it also may not be. We just don't have enough answers. I think someone should start a 2011 animal mass death thread to track this stuff. The animals are the canaries in the coal mines. They will tell us when things get really bad.

I don't want to get off topic, just wanted to mention that I wrote ATS and requested an amimal forum for easier reference. They didn't answer me. A thread like you mentioned might be a good alternative.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The media reports that this is suppose to be normal? How many more times does this happen before people start asking more and more questions?

The biggest excuse I hear is that media never reported it much and that's why no one heard about it until now. So they're saying that the news didn't find mass animal die offs worth reporting?

I would say a hundred or more is a mass die off. How many times do you come up on a 100 or more of anything laying dead? (besides the mound of ants someone torched with a magnifying glass.)

It is only 11 days into January. Stop and look at how many incidents have happened around the world. It's pretty much on a daily basis. How is this normal?

How many more causes of death could there be? I find it odd how none of these birds are dying of the same thing around the globe. If it was so normal then why are there so many different causes? I'm starting to think they don't want a link to be known.

I know that this could all amount to nothing. I pray nothing happens, but I also know that this could be a warning. Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well I wasn't exactly expecting them to keep coming. But the more groups of animals who drop off in this short span, the more correlation work we can do.

My hunch is still something with the magnetism/electromagnetism of the Earth. Something is disrupted here, whether man-made or nature's, these events are very much the canary in the cage as people have noted. We have to wonder what the effects are going to be on people, our food, our water. What is the cause of this.

To sum up this whole debunking debacle on this one.

YES, mass animals deaths happen from time to time.
HELL NO, they don't happen this frequently. I challenge anyone to produce a graph of mass animal deaths which suggests this diversity of species and geography in such a time-frame. I would suggest that for this to be a regular occurance, the same amount of species and a similar amount of numbers would need to span a similar amount of the globe. This would need to happen on more than one occasion.
Please show me this graph.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
So the mass die offs are still occuring. The Google map has stopped updating for the past 4 or 5 days and there have been at least 2 other reports and then these. As I said in another thread - I have explored many states - mountains, rivers, ocean, etc and with the exception of a few dead fish and 6 or 7 finches that fell dead in Key West I have never witnessed mass kills such as this. I am going back to possible pole shift, it seems the most logical of what I have read about so far, but then that may not be it either. I wish we could find the answers for this - the media certainly isn't any help - huh fireworks and weather!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Can someone explain how

100 birds is a mass die off?

"Over 100"? Okay

Can someone explain how

101 birds is a mass die off?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I am a big fan of Michio Kaku, but i read this, this morning, and I'm starting to think if he isnt in on this all too...

bigthink.com...

Conspiracy theories are rampant, and it's been suggested that the deaths could be a result of UFOs, government tests, or even secret weapons.

But there are three real possibilities behind this mystery:
a) Toxic Chemicals
b) Pathogens and Disease
c) Trauma

I still think its HAARP/Project Blue Beam

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

You can't get past the 100 thing can you? Would 100 human simultaneous deaths not be call mass? It's all in the perspective.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am a dimensional traveler who has made a great error in my travels, I did not travel correctly and created weather fronts and anomolies all over the place which may explain why so many birds and fish are being affected, I am truly sorry.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Strawmen do nothing to answer my question.

If 100 is a "mass die off" then 1000 is an "uber mass die off"??

What if it had be 25 birds, 50, 99.9?

When does it become a "mass die off"?

(Or are we looking for any "large" number so we can lump it in with the others?)

I do not know if the others are common, or not. But 100 birds dying IS COMMON.

Like I said before, my local pet store has more birds.

EDIT-
Source for claim:
Saucy Source
edit on 1/11/2011 by adigregorio because: Saucemans

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok, I just remembered something to share. Around 2005-2006 I was in Big Bear (Mountain/lake town in So Cal) and upon walking down to the lake the shores were covered in stinky dead fish. We were told since we were in a drought, the lake was low and the oxygen levels were also low, so fish were dying.10's of hundreds in eye view on the shore we stood at.

Point being-these things do happen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Who says its common? The Government??

When a "group" of birds of a 100+ drop dead in flight all at the same time and fall to the ground on a highway....I guess this is common...............

edit on 11-1-2011 by Cloudsinthesky because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join