It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX and CNN tell you to KILL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sadly the arms race of pundits and politicians too in being the most radical made incitments to kill or "take action" part of normal programming. When somone is triggered into doing so, because he is mentally unstable or easily influenced, like the stabbing of a taxi driver last year, or more recently the shooting, everyone acts outraged.

Incitment to conduct violence is a crime and need to be taken seriously, ESPECIALLY if carried out by people of the media with a large following, who stand a better than even chance to push one individual out of their millions of viewers and listeners into action, be it because 1 out of million is mentally unstable, or because he is such a devote viewer/listener, that he truly believes that based on what he has been told on FOX, CNN or a radio show, violence is the only reasonable course of action left.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

Where did you see or hear one of the networks (CNN, FOX, CBS...) or radio shows (RUSH, HANNITY...)
telling anyone to kill anybody ?? Any proof ??
Is this a joke ?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Not at all

"Prominent US politician Mike Huckabee called for the execution of WikiLeaks spokesman Julian Assange on his Fox News program last November, and Fox News commentator Bob Beckel, referring to Assange, publicly called for people to "illegally shoot the son of a bitch." US radio personality Rush Limbaugh has called for pressure to "Give [Fox News President Roger] Ailes the order and [then] there is no Assange, I'll guarantee you, and there will be no fingerprints on it.", while the Washington Times columnist Jeffery T. Kuhner titled his column “Assassinate Assange” captioned with a picture Julian Assange overlayed with a gun site, blood spatters, and “WANTED DEAD or ALIVE” with the alive crossed out."

It does not end here. Its very real, its seen as just "stirring the pot". Bottom line, do not say, go and shoot somebody, unless you really want somone to go and shoot somebody.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
They do want you to kill, and have unmarried sex, and steal and cheat and lie and do all that is bad. The Prince of this world wants us to sin.
MSM, pop culture, popular media... all tell us how they do these things, so why shouldn't we. They want the youth to be immoral and think doing things that God specifically tells us not to do, is ok and we should just go ahead and do it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
double post
edit on 11-1-2011 by iSHRED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Rmemeber the left has alot of violent statements in it as well, and after all, we have a Democratic president sending people to kill in his name...........seems kind of hypocritical to blame just one side. But, anything for a few stars and flags I guess.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well I hope on such big media outlets like Fox and CNN all factions are heard, so I did not mean to single out the right or left. If you incite violence to a whole nation, out of millions 1 or 2 might load their gun. So this needs to stop.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Not at all

"Prominent US politician Mike Huckabee called for the execution of WikiLeaks spokesman Julian Assange on his Fox News program last November, and Fox News commentator Bob Beckel, referring to Assange, publicly called for people to "illegally shoot the son of a bitch." US radio personality Rush Limbaugh has called for pressure to "Give [Fox News President Roger] Ailes the order and [then] there is no Assange, I'll guarantee you, and there will be no fingerprints on it.", while the Washington Times columnist Jeffery T. Kuhner titled his column “Assassinate Assange” captioned with a picture Julian Assange overlayed with a gun site, blood spatters, and “WANTED DEAD or ALIVE” with the alive crossed out."

It does not end here. Its very real, its seen as just "stirring the pot". Bottom line, do not say, go and shoot somebody, unless you really want somone to go and shoot somebody.

I've seen that too, I watch a lot of news, I'm home most of the day. There were other people saying it too, people not as well known, but were on the news, openly calling for killings.

And it's not just recent either, I think it was Pat Robertson, who I think was a priest/pastor of some sort, who was calling for the assassination of Chavez a couple of years ago. They're so open about it, one would think inciting that type of violence would be illegal. It shows up on the US news, and then the Cdn news shows the US news calling for the violence. That type of talk is very illegal in Canada, it's a hate crime. It should be illegal in the US too, but it's not yet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
At any rate it can not be taken lightly.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You must listen to a different CNN/FoxNews/TalkRadio then I do, 'cause I've never heard that said, or even implied. ...and since I'm a fairly avid talk radio listener, and I've never even had an urge to kill anyone...nope, not once. Well, ok, that guy that cut me off in traffic the other day...but he was sooooo rude.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
washingtonexaminer.com...

Kanjorski said this about Florida's new Republican Governor Rick Scott on October 23: "That Scott down there that's running for governor of Florida," Mr. Kanjorski said. "Instead of running for governor of Florida, they ought to have him and shoot him. Put him against the wall and shoot him. He stole billions of dollars from the United States government and he's running for governor of Florida. He's a millionaire and a billionaire. He's no hero. He's a damn crook. It's just we don't prosecute big crooks." Read more at the Washington Examiner: washingtonexaminer.com...
< br />
Global National (Cdn news show) just aired the above, talking today about the political mood in the US.

www.michaelmoore.com...

FLASHBACK: 'Fox News: The No. 1 Name in Murder Fantasies'; Bill O'Reilly's recent "joke" about decapitating Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank was only the latest example of a demented Fox News culture that permits on-air personalities to fantasize about assassination and other forms of violence against those deemed enemies of the station, its personalities or their worldview." – Steve Rendall, Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting

Hopefully the talk of violence stops soon. I've never heard anything on the radio, but I've heard it on American news. Some things should never be "joked" about. In this insane world, someone might just try to do it.

edit on 11-1-2011 by snowspirit because: edit

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I recall seeing clips of several Obama Administration officials talking about revolution, fighting, tearing things down, and using force to accomplish their goals.

That one black guy that was one of the early members to "resign" was always calling for use of force to accomplish their goals.

Well, the Administration with their rhetoric - apparently got through to this ultra-left wing nut.

But if someone says FOX and CNN tells people to kill, someone better provide some facts.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The courts have come to define "incitement to violence" as only pertaining to those calling for an immediate action that can reasonably be construed to take place without a chance for further reflection to occur.

So, for example:

Standing next to your friend who has a gun held to a persons head and then egging him on to pull the trigger is "incitement to violence"

Broadcasting a message that says "you should kill the president" is NOT incitement to violence, because it is not directed at an individual that is ready to commit violence at the moment of the broadcast.

Any other interpretation would lead to gross violations of the 1st amendment.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
As we continue to decline, economically, emotionally, mentally, financially; as our jobs disappear, our food becomes more expensive, our gas prices rise, our grips on reality continue to loosen, our "animal-istic behaviors will become more prevalent in society.

Those that have a firmer grip on their reality will not decline so, but those who cannot see the forest for the trees will be the first to succumb to such behaviors.

Time will tell, as it always does. Be well, and vigilant.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Limbaugh, Fox News and Roger are in those leaks for election corporate controlled media manipulation. That's why they want Julian killed. They've got something to hide that they don't want the public to find out. www.mysteriousfog.com...

top topics

join