It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
reply to post by purplemer

I wouldn't attack you I would tell you to leave first off and inform you of my rights. If you were to violate my rights and not come back with the proper materials to enter my home and take my weapons(you would need a reason or some fact stating I have violated any right to own the weapon such as a felony etc). Also you would need a warrant to enter my house. Thus if you entered without these proper things then yes you would receive what you had coming. This would make me angry as you would be violating my rights. Shall we continue?

yes what would i have coming if i violated your rights... would you shoot me then...!

look bud the best thing i think you could do it sell youre wepons of destruction and invest in a more peaceful passtime. mediation... gardening...idk something that fits you nice.
this life is short enough and the level of anger you reflect wont help your heart in the long run...

really you need to get it out your head that these guns are a god given right

god does not want you going round blasting helpless little creatures just to make you feel a man.

you are complete without your gun....

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shdak
In 1976, the Washington, D.C. City Council passed a law generally prohibiting residents from possessing handguns and requiring that all firearms in private homes be (1) kept unloaded and (2) rendered temporally inoperable via disassembly or installation of a trigger lock. The law became operative on Sept. 24, 1976.

June 26, 2008, the U.S. Supreme Court, in a 5-4 ruling, struck down this law as unconstitutional.

The years in which the D.C. handgun ban and trigger lock law was in effect, the Washington, D.C. murder rate averaged 73% higher than it was at the outset of the law.

Just looking at this alone, I would prefer everyone to have a gun...and recommend that you shouldn’t be afraid to use it when needed. Every American should be able to protect his life, family, property along with standing up against government oppression.

Is that the only source for this as it would be nice to have another just because. I am with you on this obviously and am stating myself that they will want a better source.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by ExCloud

Thus if you entered without these proper things then yes you would receive what you had coming. This would make me angry as you would be violating my rights. Shall we continue?

I do not think Purplemer knows what the color of the law is.

colour of the law?
what planet do you live on... go on tell me. what i walk into your home and your gona blow me away. Maybe you have forgotten you are a human. This is not how we should be treating one another.

Really you are sounding like a bunch of phychopathic kids... Just because someone might want to take a bit of metal off you...

Evienlty you should not have guns........

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You obviously didn't read or understand what I said. I mentioned nothing of shooting you if you entered my home. This I wouldn't do as stated before I would rather see you punished for your crime of entering my home then give you a way out of it by leaving a hole in you.

I am complete with my gun. I hunt when the season opens and I do it in a sporting matter. Please refrain from replying again. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by ExCloud

Thus if you entered without these proper things then yes you would receive what you had coming. This would make me angry as you would be violating my rights. Shall we continue?

I do not think Purplemer knows what the color of the law is.

colour of the law?
what planet do you live on... go on tell me. what i walk into your home and your gona blow me away. Maybe you have forgotten you are a human. This is not how we should be treating one another.

Really you are sounding like a bunch of phychopathic kids... Just because someone might want to take a bit of metal off you...

Evienlty you should not have guns........

Again its you who is talking about shooting people. You sir I am glad do not own a gun and do not want to as I fear if you did something bad would come of it. Stop trying to judge peoples mental states over typing when you are not even reading a post correctly.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Guns are for killing.

Americans kill.

Thus guns are for Americans.

That seems about right.

Damn the evolutionary path that took us down this road. It's obvious there is no God and that we are here, all alone, so alone...the cold...and then we make guns and cry about how it is our right to own them.

Too much effort and energy invested in killing things.

For that reason (amongst others) I am glad I'm not living in the U.S.A. What a joke that place has become!

(To all the reasonable Yanks out there ...I know a few too...apologies for lumping you in with these people one trigger pull away from taking a life).

I don't want to just ban guns, I want to ban the military. Fat chance, but dreams are free.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud
[more

ok now you say you would not shoot me but prefer to see me dealt with legaly.. that is not what you said a little while ago.. just to quote a couple...

'You step a foot in my house and are attempting to take anything odds are you will be knocked the explicit word out.'

'you would dare me to try and take...'

why would you want to see me punished for entering youre home... if you come round my house the door is open.. we could have tea and cake.

really as i said before this anger is no good... where does it come from.. does it help you with your life. Do you think angery people should own guns...

kx
.'

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Go back learn your English and realize I never said anything about shooting you. You keep your door open as long as you want mine is not.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

look sir i am not going to shoot anyone.. i dont own a gun.. nor do i want one...

k

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

Go back learn your English and realize I never said anything about shooting you. You keep your door open as long as you want mine is not.

look now there is no need need to attack me personaly.. I dont need to learn english. i come from england...do you? Now my spelling might not be up to scratch my your standards. I am dylexic. That does not interfer with my ability to convey information. would you make similar remarks if i could not walk and was in a wheel chair...

that is not a very high level of discusion on your part.
did they really let you have a gun?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I stated multiple times I never said I would shoot you or anyone and you continue to try and say that I would it gets kind of annoying after a while. Would I say something to someone in a wheel chair who can speak normal and understands the english language and wants to debate me about guns and a right to own them? Sure would.

If I state I never said I would kill anyone or shoot anyone and you try to say I did then what am I to do. I have to tell you your understanding of this English language is a little off as you just are not getting it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

i am glad to see more positive rhetoric coming from you. mb one day you will see the folly of shooting litttle fury cretins.....

The best way to find good in thyself is to begin to look for good in others. –Unknow

happy days

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
"yes what would i have coming if i violated your rights... would you shoot me then...! "

Yes, if you came in my house and violated my rights without a warrant and I considered you a threat, which any stranger in my house I would consider to be as such. You most deffinitely would have a 45 pointed at you and need to start explaining youself quickly. I also live in Colorado that has the "Make My Day Law". So.. yeah if your stupid enough to walk in my house and violate my rights you probably will not be walking out. Simple solution; don't enter my house and violate my rights. It's that simple.
I don't see guns the way you do and thats ok, to each his own. This may be hard for you to grasp but going out and shooting is a form of meditation for me.
edit on 11-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Just like it has been said over and over again,.....""It's all about Control of the peeps...."" They don't give a dam about you are me...They wish us dead.....They get off on killings....Control, control, control...Because Stone Cold Says So !!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
"yes what would i have coming if i violated your rights... would you shoot me then...! "

Yes, if you came in my house and violated my rights without a warrant and I considered you a threat, which any stranger in my house I would consider to be as such. You most deffinitely would have a 45 pointed at you and need to start explaining youself quickly. I also live in Colorado that has the "Make My Day Law". So.. yeah if your stupid enough to walk in my house and violate my rights you probably will not be walking out. Simple solution; don't enter in my house and violate rights. It's that simple.
I don't see guns the way you do and thats ok, to each his own. This may be hard for you to grasp but going out and shooting is a form of meditation for me.

No it is not hard to grasp.... just kind of sad that you live in such a state of fear.. Really is this level of paranoia caused by everyone owning guns..idk.. mb u can tell me...

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with paranoia. If I am in your house at 3am well you are asleep and you wake up are you not going to worry? Think for a minute before you post.

Are you just going to let me walk around your house and do as I please and you do not know me why I am there etc? I am using me as an example so don't turn this into a see you are now a criminal reply.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

i dont think that is a fair question. I live in one of the remotest parts of the uk. I dont have a lock on my door and i have had people come in at different times of night even when i am sleeping....
Noone has ever wanted to rob or harm me and i feel safe. what i was tryin to work out is what makes you seem to feel unsafe...

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Logically if you know everyone in your remote area then that is a different story. Think about the 50,000 other people you only know maybe 100people if even on a personal level. Now you have 49,900 people who could be entering your home in the middle of the night. You do not know their mental state you do not know if they have been drinking and stumbled into the wrong house. You do not know if they have been smoking some sort of drug. You do not know if they thought you were gone and came to rob you. Now think of this on a bigger scale in a bigger city with say 600,000 people. Thats 599,900 people you do not know that could be in your home and you do not know why.

Say you dont have a gun and they come in with a big butcher knife. Say you dont have a gun and your wife is home alone and they come to rape her. Just think for a moment.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by knylon90
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

It's part of the American way of thinking to happily and willingly trade personal safety for personal freedom.

However, the fact that Americans have an alarming propensity towards shooting each other is also a part of the debate. Keep your laws...in fact keep your guns out of Canada...but just because we are different doesn't make us wrong as the OP suggests.

If Canada had the same high percentage of illegals and lazy people, it would be the same there too.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

If Canada had the same high percentage of illegals and lazy people, it would be the same there too.

Screw any credibility you might have built up - - on this cheap shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join