It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

A check of someones mental stability. Make sure they have taken hunters safety(even if they do not hunt just so the people can evaluate how they handle weapons etc). A full back ground check for any violent crimes. All of this I could see as fine for owning and operating a weapon. probably even a few more things.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Let's look at Japan. Guns are illegal. You're only allowed to have a shotgun for hunting, but it's ridiculously hard to get a permission for that.

Let's look at some stats. How many murders with firearms on average per year? 47. Jeez, that's like one night in Chicago. Why is that? Is it because of their gunlaws? Or is it because americans are just idiots? Maybe both? I'd say it's because you can't simply get a gun. The only way to get a handgun, is illegally. Not many people really want to mess with Yakuza. Though, their overall murder rate is pretty damn low too. 637 on average year. How on earth do they do that? You can sleep at a park and the chances are next to none that you're gonna get robbed. You won't be bothered by cops either since many parks allow people to actually live there. But their criminals seems to like cars though.

www.nationmaster.com...

Only in america is guncontrol seen as a plan by satanistic reptilians to take over the world.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mamelukkikala

If you want to live like the japanese, then move to japan. The minute guns are outlawed, the first shots of the next revolution will ring out.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

ofc guns cause problems in america. what planet are you livng on. Go and do a google on all the gun mascares that are occuring in america....and guns dont cause problems....

some heads need sorting here..

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This topics been beat to death for yrs. American citizens will NOT lose their guns period, not going to happen, no way. In 07 we had 90 guns for every 100 citizens and now well over 200 million guns in the US and closer to 400 million if you include the military. I live in a mtn community and damn near everyone I know has at least one and most people that I know probably have four or more. We rarely have shootings here and when we do it's usually some nut that would have had a gun no matter legal or not. I can't think of anyone I know that would just hand over their guns to someone knocking on the door and asking for their arms. So this fantasy that some have, that the govs going to take the guns from the American people is delusional at best. The gangs in the US are armed to the hilt and I guarantee they're not going turn their arms over without a fight. If SHTF the last thing the gov/military are going to have time and resources for, is gun collecting from law abiding citizens. I saw it first hand during the riots in LA.

Increased gun control is a joke. Here's a snip from an article in 05 I found interesting.

"Well, more than nine months have passed and the first crime numbers are in. Last week, the FBI announced that the number of murders nationwide fell by 3.6% last year, the first drop since 1999. The trend was consistent; murders kept on declining after the assault weapons ban ended.

Even more interesting, the seven states that have their own assault weapons bans saw a smaller drop in murders than the 43 states without such laws, suggesting that doing away with the ban actually reduced crime. (States with bans averaged a 2.4% decline in murders; in three states with bans, the number of murders rose. States without bans saw murders fall by more than 4%.)"

I do think registering ammo purchases and bullet coding will be coming soon and limiting the amount of arms you can own, but there is no way they can remove all the guns from the public and they know this. The next Prez Adm. will be Republican and after the Democratic showing this round, I feel the Rep's will probably maintain control for the next two terms to come if not longer. The Rep's are heavily vested with the Arms' manufacturers. So......I don't see a gun ban happening ever or at least not for a loooong time, restrictions and registration of all weapons, yes, but never a ban on all guns, there's just to many arms in the states and people that will not give them up at any cost. Firearms are just part of our culture that's not going away anytime soon. Taxpayer's will pay billions over the next yrs debating gun control and end the end people will still have weapons and still be murdered. Mexico has some of the strictest gun laws in the world but yet Juarez has the highest murder rate of any city on the entire planet. It's to late to ban guns in America, there's to many and if they did I think you would see the murder rate rise in the US.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud
Its as simple as this. Guns do not kill people... People kill people. It doesn't matter if its a gun a knife a home made grenade a home made bomb. When people are crazy enough to kill someone they will do it. It wouldn't matter if guns were banned or not. Why ban my legal right to hunt with a rifle when I have not done anything wrong and would never do anything wrong with a fire arm.

Everyone calling for fire arm bans I say this to you. "stop crying because some crazy person decided to use a gun to kill someone. It doesnt matter that it was a gun they would have made the attempt to kill someone either way it probably just wouldn't have been in a public setting and they wouldnt have been caught".

it is as simple as this... guns make it easier to kill people.. a lot easier...

they simplu hould be banned....

but no in the usa.. we like big guns... big engines...and big penises

plz lads grow up...

kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

If you want to live like the japanese, then move to japan. The minute guns are outlawed, the first shots of the next revolution will ring out.

That was a burp of a post...contributing to neither side of the discussion or debate.

Just sayin...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Not that it matters to me what one's personal beliefs are concerning guns; I don't hate on anybody. However, I can't understand how anyone who can think rationally and logically would think a blanket ban on guns for regular citizens is a good idea. To me, it's just simple math.

Guns are fairly easy to make on your own. Check out this link to see some weaponry fashioned by prisoners while in prison. You'll notice two different guns which are both capable of firing projectiles at high enough speeds to severely injure another human. Why is this important, much less relevant? Because if a prisoner can craft a gun from spare parts he finds laying around a prison, then I bet you some backwoods good ole' boy can do the same but, even better as he has the freedom to acquire the proper materials. Once again, why does that matter? Because even if every existing gun on the planet were to disappear, you can bet your ass some genius psychopath is making a gun to kill the evil unicorns feeding at the mall food court. You can also bet that there will be someone making such weaponry and selling it under-the-table to vast amounts of criminals and low-lifes who'd only use the guns for bad purposes.

My point being, it's impossible to effectively ban guns. If people have the know-how to craft it, it will exist, especially if there is a need for it. And you can bet there will ALWAYS be a need for guns, because as long as there's 2 people left on Earth, somebody wants someone else dead. It's a sad but, true. If you take guns away from civilians what do they have to protect them from people who have gained such weaponry illegally? The police? Sure, that sounds great in concept, except that in my neighborhood it take's the cops well over half an hour to respond to a call and that's after you've been waiting on 911 for god knows how long. I'm sorry, but, you can't expect someone to wait around for over an hour when someone is looking to kill them.

I really, really think it's a bad idea to take guns away from stable, deserving, responsible citizens. To do so would only render them defenseless and weak. Ever hear the saying, "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?" Well, that's what would be happening to many innocent citizens whom are victims of home invasion, vehicle hi-jacking, burglary, etc. I promise you that the criminals WILL have guns, regardless of the law, just not the average citizen.

I am for stricter gun control, to a certain point, of course. I think you should have to have a psychological evaluation, have your fingerprints processed as in lock-up, be subjected to a background check, and even a DNA sample should be taken, so that in the event that a crime is committed with the gun the current, legal owner could easily be linked to it. I'm pretty sure most of those are already part of the law as it is, actually. Though, I am certainly no expert on gun law.

I certainly believe the world would be a better place if guns were never invented but,that's not the world we live in and we should act accordingly. The peoples' safety is not my number one concern, it falls second to the peoples personal liberties.

A famous man once said, "Those who would trade liberty for safety deserve neither." Ben Franklin truly summed up the American spirit in one sentence with the glorious little nugget of wisdom.

link   

And look how much their governments can and do walk all over the citizens.

At least we have the chance to fight back . . . if the people ever get the balls to.

link   
reply to post by ExCloud

See here for AZ gun laws in the context of this...
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I like big guns and big engines I can not say I am into the other one. Maybe this is your view on America? I myself live in a great state. I love where I live and crime well really doesnt happen much here besides petty crimes. Very rarely is there a shooting and most cases when there is # when you saw them in school you knew right off that if anyone was to go to jail for crimes/murders etc it would be them and usually that is where they end up.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Can you show me how exactly? Since I have no idea how their government runs over their citizens. And come on, you got huge load of weapons, yet they run over you and you guys aren't doing anything. Talk about growing some balls.
edit on 11-1-2011 by mamelukkikala because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExCloud

I like big guns and big engines I can not say I am into the other one. Maybe this is your view on America? I myself live in a great state. I love where I live and crime well really doesnt happen much here besides petty crimes. Very rarely is there a shooting and most cases when there is # when you saw them in school you knew right off that if anyone was to go to jail for crimes/murders etc it would be them and usually that is where they end up.

my view is based on a stastical truth.. the usa produces nearly 20 percent of the worlds pollution...
im glad you live in a state were you dont get much crime. But needless to say from the outside looking in... it reall does look crazy. i live in the uk and in my whole life i have seen a gun twice...

there is no need for them. the sooner they are banned the better....
kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Of course guns make it easier to kill people and when you take the guns away from law abiding citizens it will be easier for the criminals to kill defenseless people. Gun bans may work in your country but it would not work here the states. We have a LOT of guns here and they don't just disappear over night, that's why I see the ammo restrictions, registration and bullet coding. It's the only thing they can do realistically at this point for gun control is choke the ammo supply and increase the red tape to obtain it.
And yeah I like big guns and fast cars.
edit on 11-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I have a dual citizenship. But have spent (until recently) most of my time in the states. Previous posts have alluded to my appreciation of firearms. It is one thing I definitely miss when I'm back in Europe.
For the most part, the U.K. has had a stable empire for centuries. In America, we're still a young country. P'raps we'll eventually grow out of the need, but until then I'll enjoy and keep my weapons.

edit on 11-1-2011 by beezzer because: clarification

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Again you just want to ban them from the people who do not use them for any form of criminal act and that is not in any way shape or form fair. I dare you I dare anyone to try and take the guns from this state or any other state where hunting as is big as it is up here.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
These ban people are like date rapists.

You just want to be left alone and they're trying to work their hands up your shirt whispering "it'll be alright, just a little more" and they keep pushing and pushing.

Eventually they run off laughing and high-fiving each other and you're left crying in the fetal position in shower.

Just give them a little more, a little more, a little more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

here you go my friends.

www.nationmaster.com...

edit on 11-1-2011 by ExCloud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
OMG this is so lame, listen to all those gun crazy hill-billy´s with all their excues, they just cant understand the more weapon that there is in this world.. the more living things will get shot. But go ahead.. everybody want to be a american cowboy... its so stubid and caveman mentallity. I want a gun because he got a gun.. and so on, you guys sound like little kids that want the other boys toy, and cry about it. I dont carry around a flamethrower because I say I can handle it.. omg no point in this, go ahead kill yourself and those around you, someday your kid will get your gun and do somehing stubid. and if not yours perhaps other kids ( because YOU of all people got everything under control, I knew u gonna say that ) Well anyway in my country guns and knifes are banned, and guess what.. it workds perfectly, we got like one shooting a year, and thats a hunting acident. gun crazy bastards. no time to fix spellings, dont bother pointing it out

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
the right to bear arms better never change.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join