It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
I just dont get why people should have the right to own a gun which can be used to kill someone !
Even if it is in self defense
If all the world banned the production of guns , and shut down every weapons manufacturer on the planet then the world would indeed be a better place !

Only problem is that our stupid governments are so paranoid that their fellow human neighbours are going to invade them !

If I was some brilliant scientists I'd invent some sort of nanomachine which destroys all weapons around the world.
guns are for the weak , you should be able to defend yourself without a gun.

Unfortunately the world doesn't work that way. That's why I believe in one world government.
But I like having a gun. It's fun to shoot at targets and skeet. But with every law bad apples are going to come and the people who haven't done anything wrong shouldn't be punished. That's like saying all Jews are stingy and screw people over all the time.
I bet fewer Jews would've been taken to Concentration camps if they had the right to bear arms.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2008111
I would never have thought to read ANTI-GUN threads on this forum. WTF?! AFTER ALL WE KNOW THE NWO IS REAL AND DANGEROUS, DEADLY! AND YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM YOUR GUNS?! AND BAN OTHER PEOPLE'S GUNS?!

They can't put us in FEMA camps that easily when we are packing heat! Or take our families away! Or take us away from our families!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

We should embrace guns! WE ALL NEED GUNS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

I THOUGHT WE WERE OPEN MINDED AND FREE MINDED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE URGENT NEED FOR OWNING GUNS! AND MANY OF THEM!
edit on 12-1-2011 by 2008111 because: (no reason given)

Dude I'm all for guns but you're talking nonsense. Where's your proof all this is gonna happen? Jesse Ventura's episode that got pulled? Not enough proof to go on

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Also to be honest I don't get sad anymore when I hear of people dying from guns or whatever. Our planet is way too populated. we're coming up on 7 billion people. We need child laws not gun laws. we can't produce enough of anything to go around, hence inflation. cruel but true

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I would guesstimate that 80% of the people in this thread do not understand the Second Amendment, why we have it, and what that right entails.

well I'm part of the other 20%. tried telling purplemer that and he keeps writing back like I'm crazy

Things change... times move on... your not still fighting the indians... it is ok to change the law.. it is ok to 4 your neighbour...

it is the law of atraction... your no safer with a gun....

drop the ego and feel the love....

k

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I would guesstimate that 80% of the people in this thread do not understand the Second Amendment, why we have it, and what that right entails.

well I'm part of the other 20%. tried telling purplemer that and he keeps writing back like I'm crazy

Things change... times move on... your not still fighting the indians... it is ok to change the law.. it is ok to 4 your neighbour...

it is the law of atraction... your no safer with a gun....

drop the ego and feel the love....

k

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I think the right to carry arms is not of this time anymore. Wild west is long gone. Guns are not dangerous, people who use them are. If everyone is "packing" then everyone gets scared to get shot. Therfore i think that right is a control mechanism for the US government. Keep the people in fear and they will sort themselves out........Look at the murder rates per capita in countrys where gunownership is strictly controlled. Those figures are far less then in US. Why do you have ghetto's with on every corner a liqour and gunshop? Whilst good healthcare is expensive and not accesible to most us citizens.Hre in Holland we have guns but we dont carry them everywhere. We dont have high murder rates like in us. We dont have as much fear from each other like n Us probably

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
edited...
edit on 13-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jeremiah8401

Well when you try to prove an American wrong about our laws and our history you have no right

Plese stop simplyfying yourself. If you have not noticed the world is far bigger than the usa and as a citizen of our lovely earth I have equal right to prove whatever i wish.

Okay? first of all let's be politically correct and call them Native Americans

please safe me from your culturism... Has it occured to you that different culutres use different formats of speech.. What is polically correct in america may not be were i come from... Please do me a favour and google an image of something called a 'world atlas; and you will see that the world is far bigger than the part of north america that you come from.

Now go and look at the stats listed earlier in this thread and explain why you gun crime and murder is so high and if you can give an axiom on why guns are not playing a role in this.. If you cannot do this adleast try the google images of world atlas..
I will even help you click on following link...

www.mapsofindia.com...

kx

Information holds not to the bounderies of countries...

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
People would just use knives if all the guns in the world are destroyed.
It wouldn't solve the problem at all, the criminals will still be armed and the people won't.
Ban knives and people will use stones, ban stones and people will use fire, ban fire and people will use bats.

Banning guns does not solve the problem

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

The founding fathers of your country were masons, and I am proud to be as privlidged as they were. I dont take offense to your opinion as your personal thrash against my affiliation means absolutely nothing to me.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
The only thing you need to be concerned with when dealing with gun rights is:

Who is gonna shoot the shooter?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dutchalien
I think the right to carry arms is not of this time anymore. Wild west is long gone. Guns are not dangerous, people who use them are. If everyone is "packing" then everyone gets scared to get shot. Therfore i think that right is a control mechanism for the US government. Keep the people in fear and they will sort themselves out........Look at the murder rates per capita in countrys where gunownership is strictly controlled. Those figures are far less then in US. Why do you have ghetto's with on every corner a liqour and gunshop? Whilst good healthcare is expensive and not accesible to most us citizens.Hre in Holland we have guns but we dont carry them everywhere. We dont have high murder rates like in us. We dont have as much fear from each other like n Us probably

enough said
you are the one that makes the most sense in this thread

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Now go and look at the stats listed earlier in this thread and explain why you gun crime and murder is so high and if you can give an axiom on why guns are not playing a role in this.

The US murder rate isn't spread evenly across the country. Throughout much of the US, homicide rates are actually fairly low, but the overall average is being skewed upward by the inner cities and the primary factor there is economic. Poor, uneducated, desperate people often turn to crime.

Also, its certainly worth noting that despite record gun sales in recent years, the US homicide rate has been trending downward. In fact, its down sharply since the early 90s, and in 2009, the total number of homicides hit their lowest point since 1969.

Finally, remember that the US actually has a higher homicide rate than much of western Europe even if you remove firearms-related incidents from the equation. Of the 16,000 or so homicides yearly, about 5500 involve use of something besides a firearm. If you ban firearms, I don't think anyone would deny that the 5500 figure will increase dramatically. Maybe it stops at less than the original 16,000, but then again maybe it doesn't. It could simply serve to embolden criminals, who now wouldn't have to worry about being met with a 12 gauge if they break into someone's home.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by vor78

Throughout much of the US, homicide rates are actually fairly low

NH has the lowest crime rates in the nation. Far lower than the UK even. And we all have guns. You cant find a house without one and many have a dozen or more. No permit needed for open carry. A dimple background check needed for concealed carry.

If they want to make a worthwhile comparison they need to find two areas of identical area, density, wealth, demographics, etc... with the only difference being one permits gun ownership the other does not. Then on top of that they would have to determine how many inhabitants actually own one and carry one.

We'd be getting closer to a good comparison but even then there would be plenty of other variables which would make the comparison anything but gospel.

You could go so far as to look at fluoride in the water, undissolved pharmaceuticals in the water, body temp of the residents, moon cycle, and on and on and on.

They can make the comparison all day long and parade it around like it matters but in the end it doesnt.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Now go and look at the stats listed earlier in this thread and explain why you gun crime and murder is so high and if you can give an axiom on why guns are not playing a role in this.

The US murder rate isn't spread evenly across the country. Throughout much of the US, homicide rates are actually fairly low, but the overall average is being skewed upward by the inner cities and the primary factor there is economic. Poor, uneducated, desperate people often turn to crime.

Also, its certainly worth noting that despite record gun sales in recent years, the US homicide rate has been trending downward. In fact, its down sharply since the early 90s, and in 2009, the total number of homicides hit their lowest point since 1969.

Finally, remember that the US actually has a higher homicide rate than much of western Europe even if you remove firearms-related incidents from the equation. Of the 16,000 or so homicides yearly, about 5500 involve use of something besides a firearm. If you ban firearms, I don't think anyone would deny that the 5500 figure will increase dramatically. Maybe it stops at less than the original 16,000, but then again maybe it doesn't. It could simply serve to embolden criminals, who now wouldn't have to worry about being met with a 12 gauge if they break into someone's home.

it is not skewed because of the cities it is the stats reflecting the level of crime.. stop diverging from the subject.
yes america has a very high homicide rate, my point being that you infatuation with guns.. not just the guns themselfs play a role to play...
it is also a statisical fact that those that pwn firearms are more likely to meet with violent death...

who now wouldn't have to worry about being met with a 12 gauge if they break into someone's home.

i think you have watched far to many hollywood films. would you say they have a role to play in the high murder rates too?

kx

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeQuebec86

Originally posted by ac3rr
I love the fact that Arizona has some of the loosest gun laws and who knows how many people were packin' at that event. So many say they carry guns to protect themselves from violence, yet this guy wasn't shot when he was taken down, he was tackled while he was reloading. From everything I have read no other shots were fired other than by him. Where were are all the self protecting, heat packing, sharp shooters out there.

Why do people listen the Rush and Sarah? They're nothing but "political shock jocks". They say whatever offensive thing that comes into their heads in order to get ratings/attention. In other words, people watch and listen to them for the same reason that people watched the movie Jackass.

May i add, he was tackle down by 3 OLD PEOPLE !!!!

With bullet the guy was a monster
without bullet he was take down by old people ( over 55 ) !

Sorry for old people reading lol, but it show that the guy was a weak little disturb guy. Without bullet anyone could beat his ass ! Even senior !

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
But the 74 yr old man was a retired army COL. A warrior with a mindset to do what it takes to get the job done and protect those around him without regard for his own safety,,,,in other words a hero.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

it is not skewed because of the cities it is the stats reflecting the level of crime.. stop diverging from the subject.
yes america has a very high homicide rate, my point being that you infatuation with guns.. not just the guns themselfs play a role to play...
I disagree. Most gun crime in the US is confined to the larger cities and usually the cities with the most restrictive gun laws. Additionally most of it is usually drug or gang related.
These criminals will always have guns, it does not matter what stupid laws you make. However, take you argument to Switzerland. It is here that your argument truly takes a mortal wound. Almost every citizen in Switzerland has guns. So how are the guns there skewing the crime statistics?

it is also a statisical fact that those that pwn firearms are more likely to meet with violent death...
Really? I have owned at least 1 gun for over 30 years. I have never been shot, and only shot at in actual combat.

i think you have watched far to many hollywood films. would you say they have a role to play in the high murder rates too?
I think you are either an anti-gun shill, or just someone who believes that your beliefs are so superior to everyone Else's beliefs that only a morally deficient ignoramus would not immediately adopt your views. I am not sure which.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

These criminals will always have guns, it does not matter what stupid laws you make. However, take you argument to Switzerland. It is here that your argument truly takes a mortal wound. Almost every citizen in Switzerland has guns. So how are the guns there skewing the crime statistics

plz reread mypost...I never said guns are skewing the statistics....

it is also a statisical fact that those that pwn firearms are more likely to meet with violent death... Really? I have owned at least 1 gun for over 30 years. I have never been shot, and only shot at in actual combat.

A statistic is a probability...if i said smoking increases your risk of getting lung cancer and you said i have smoked for 50 years and not got lung cancer. It would not mean that smoking does not increase your risk of lung cancer..

and if you were to be honest whilst you were in possesion of a fire arm you got shot at... thats the stats...
no ifs and buts... cold hard mathamaitcs speaks volumes..

really i see a lot of people grasping at staws in this thread on why the should have guns... but no fat...

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

kx

Oh, it certainly is skewed because of the cities. The murder rates in places like Detroit, Baltimore, Washington DC and New Orleans are FAR higher than the national average. Mathematically, yes, that's going to drag the overall rate upwards, but it does not necessarily reflect what's happening throughout much of the country. Homicide rates are actually quite low in many areas with high rates of gun ownership. A good example of that are the plains and mountain west states such as Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, the Dakotas and Nebraska. You can find the state and even county level data here.

The point here is that gun ownership alone does not determine homicide levels. Much of the US is perfectly safe, despite having high rates of gun ownership.

And I'll ask you again: How does the fact that gun sales are at an all-time high reconcile with the fact that US homicide rates have been trending downward and are little more than half what they were 20 years ago?

edit on 13-1-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2011 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join