It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by WdBASH
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but can someone tell me of the last time that they've known a law abiding criminal? Criminals do not obey laws.

Therefore, laws have no affect on the criminals. Thus, laws only affect law-abiding citizens, not criminals. As to what many other people have said, guns don't kill people, people kill people.
Both points have been made and continually ignored by the gun hating liberals on the site.

Yeah, stop now you're making way to much sense. You can get the biggest chalkboard on the planet and some just don't or want to understand what we're saying. Now if we sent a million or so of our gangs and criminals pack'n guns over there they may actually start to get the picture pretty quick. I'm not trying to be an ass people it's just we're in two different cultures and you must realize what works for you now may not work for us and vise versa and we like what we have. We're not pushing you to go out and buy firearms but don't slam us because we would like to be able to defend our country and put food on our table if needed with ours. I've been unemployed here for a yr now (trying to move) but I have a freezer full of elk, venison and some nice brook trout and rainbows thats been feeding me and family for a couple months now. I haven't gone to the store for meat in awhile and I'm still eating good.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would never have thought to read ANTI-GUN threads on this forum. WTF?! AFTER ALL WE KNOW THE NWO IS REAL AND DANGEROUS, DEADLY! AND YOU WANT TO GIVE THEM YOUR GUNS?! AND BAN OTHER PEOPLE'S GUNS?!

They can't put us in FEMA camps that easily when we are packing heat! Or take our families away! Or take us away from our families!

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

We should embrace guns! WE ALL NEED GUNS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

I THOUGHT WE WERE OPEN MINDED AND FREE MINDED ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND THE URGENT NEED FOR OWNING GUNS! AND MANY OF THEM!
edit on 12-1-2011 by 2008111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
great post i live in the uk and for all those that dont know we cant even protect our property with a plastic bag incase they fall into it and suffocate so all you anti gun, people do what they have to to survive, if you got a gun theyll have one your wrong if you got one they got one 50/50 chance here in the uk theyre every where and only on criminals and they use them so youll all be bitching when you get shot at and cant defend yourselves the one last thing the american gov stands for and i respect no dis to the american peoples

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
Preach on brother! Unfortunately your relevant well written post will fall on deaf ears. I have used this argument before, only to be verbally bashed. S+F for you

P.S. May I recommend to everyone who agrees with the OP, Flag this! Show your support!

1000% AGREE AND SUPPORT! THEY CAN PRY THEM FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS! .....and no I'm DAM Well NOT KIDDING!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If your family members have been injured by gunshot wounds and have been disabled as a result or killed , then my statement still stands , guns are for the weak , the people who inflicted the injuries to your family members were weak minded and used firearms to commit a crime .

weak minded people to stupid things.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It looks like gun control supporters just got doused with some cold water. John Boehner, Eric Cantor and Mike Pence have all made statements today denouncing new gun control measures. Boehner and Cantor, of course, are the House Speaker and House Majority Leader, respectively, while Pence was the #2 House Republican in the previous Congress but opted to give up his leadership positions in this term to potentially pursue higher office.

The statements by Boehner and Cantor are especially interesting, because they flatly rejected Peter King's new gun control bill. King is one of their fellow Republicans. If they would so quickly defeat his proposal, it speaks volumes about how little chance any Dem gun control proposal has of success.

As a result, gun control appears to be a dead issue at the legislative level. With the GOP leadership taking such a firm stand, the Democrats likely will not find enough Republican defectors to support them at the committee level to even have a chance at a floor vote.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ice09

You say that someone can pry your gun from your cold dead hand , and most likely thats what will happen!
If you own a gun then you bought it knowing full well that you would use it for its intended purpose to maim and injure someone or kill them .

Mostly I think what would happen if you have a gun is that you will increase your own chances of being fired upon.

I just hope that someone doesnt have to take a gun out of your hand one day !

Although having no guns in the world is a fantasy , especially in america , it's supposed democracy , everyone in america wants to own a gun ! So they will never get rid of guns in america
edit on 12-1-2011 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

so put yourself in the situation where armed twats get into your house do you want a gun or are you going to politely tell them how advanced you are, im sorry but your argument holds as much water as a sieve
Also in the uk we have had instances of people who have been tied up and the females abused these scum dont care about none of you so why defend their right not to get shot in the face
edit on 12-1-2011 by nonetruegod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCloud

You can find all kinds of information like this just by searching anti-gun vs crime rate in any search engine... I just picked one that I knew something about; but if you need the link..Click Here

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

question the english im sure 50% want guns but that ship has sailed but america should only follow when there is no danger in the world at all

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Even if they did ban guns, look at the prohibition of Alcohol as a metaphor. Guns would still get through, same way that drugs do.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I feel like I have somewhat of an outsider opinion, given that my country of origin is not USA, but I have lived in the conservative south and in the more liberal north east.

Owning a gun, like owning an SUV or pick up truck is one of those deeply american "things" I see all the time. and there are two sides to it:

On the one hand you have people with very legitimate reasons for a gas guzzling vehicle, they own a construction business, they have a dog sitting business, they haul a lot of things for whatever reason. And what a great opportunity that they can afford the fuel and hopefully have a return on their business or lifestyle that makes that choice worthwhile.

You also have the business owners that close their store at late hours risking armed robbery and who own a gun for protection. Farmers or people who live in areas where the next police station may be tens of miles away and you can rely on nobody but yourself for protection. I am sure there are many legitimate reasons I cannot even think of at the moment.

Then you have the other side of the equation: The person who owns an SUV or a gun because it aligns with a set of values they hold. Not so much for a real necessity but for a more imaginary necessity, the need to prove or assert ones freedom and maybe the need to prove or assert ones manhood. It is easy for any person to come up with needs for things they have or they want after the fact. It is not uncommon to buy a sports car and then find that you are in a hurry everywhere you go, or to buy an HD tv and then find that you now like the nature channel a lot more than you used to. We all do that, we all justify our decisions backwards, but that doesn't always mean that our possessions stem out of a legitimate need.

I suppose most people lie somewhere in the middle of those two extremes, but there is something I personally find disturbing with the mentality of the person that owns something not so much out of a real necessity but out of an ideal.

That is just my opinion, but I think it speaks a lot about the psychology surrounding guns that bothers me the most.

Guns should not be banned, because there are people whose risk is just greater because of their lifestyles, and I can understand that. But I find it funny that a lot of the people who claim they need guns live lives with such minimal exposure to crime that one has to wonder whether they really need it or if they feel manlier having one. To whatever extent their threats are imaginary, then the gun is more of a mental crutch than a real one. And those people, in my opinion would be happier if they had some other source of confidence than gun ownership or ownership of any other manly goods that may be little more than personal validation with a high price tag, both economically and in terms of personal risk.

-rrr

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Now then ATS

I am not here to comment on U.S gun laws. However, I do not understand why a nation with the right to bear arms as part of their constitution has gun free zones. This is inherently contradictory.

I am from the Britain by the way and am happy with my countries gun laws, I do not want to be able to own a handgun and don't think people in Britain should. But that is irrelevant to the point I am making.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lostviking

f people were armed, Jared Loughner wouldn't have shot a second person. He would have immediately been stopped.

Actually the one guy Joe who tackled Loughner in Arizona was interviewed and he said he was packing but he jumped Loughner instead. He said if Loughner had been able to insert the magazine into his gun, Joe would have shot him dead right there. He got to the scene too late, after the shootings.

Take guns away from legal owners and who winds up with the guns? Any criminal can get a gun. Canada, do you have all the gang and crime action that the USA has?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I love the fact that Arizona has some of the loosest gun laws and who knows how many people were packin' at that event. So many say they carry guns to protect themselves from violence, yet this guy wasn't shot when he was taken down, he was tackled while he was reloading. From everything I have read no other shots were fired other than by him. Where were are all the self protecting, heat packing, sharp shooters out there.

Why do people listen the Rush and Sarah? They're nothing but "political shock jocks". They say whatever offensive thing that comes into their heads in order to get ratings/attention. In other words, people watch and listen to them for the same reason that people watched the movie Jackass.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArcheoAstronomer
reply to post by lostviking

f people were armed, Jared Loughner wouldn't have shot a second person. He would have immediately been stopped.

Actually the one guy Joe who tackled Loughner in Arizona was interviewed and he said he was packing but he jumped Loughner instead. He said if Loughner had been able to insert the magazine into his gun, Joe would have shot him dead right there. He got to the scene too late, after the shootings.

Take guns away from legal owners and who winds up with the guns? Any criminal can get a gun. Canada, do you have all the gang and crime action that the USA has?

Nop, in Montreal, we have like 10-15 death by gun during 2010. 3-4 were for Mafia ( Mafia wars is hard here :O they burn each other italian café ( where they sell drug ) and the godfather was headshot in his house ! )

Maybe like 25-30 death by knife or other attack.

for a 2millions people region ( i include sub-urban )

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ac3rr
I love the fact that Arizona has some of the loosest gun laws and who knows how many people were packin' at that event. So many say they carry guns to protect themselves from violence, yet this guy wasn't shot when he was taken down, he was tackled while he was reloading. From everything I have read no other shots were fired other than by him. Where were are all the self protecting, heat packing, sharp shooters out there.

Why do people listen the Rush and Sarah? They're nothing but "political shock jocks". They say whatever offensive thing that comes into their heads in order to get ratings/attention. In other words, people watch and listen to them for the same reason that people watched the movie Jackass.

May i add, he was tackle down by 3 OLD PEOPLE !!!!

With bullet the guy was a monster
without bullet he was take down by old people ( over 55 ) !

Sorry for old people reading lol, but it show that the guy was a weak little disturb guy. Without bullet anyone could beat his ass ! Even senior !

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
reply to post by purplemer

If you're not an American then you have no right to talk about American laws so just be quiet

Let me understand you... As an american citizen posting on international forum? I have no right to comment? I have as much right to comment as you do. Maybe you should find another website to post on if you have an aversion to different cultural views.. and were exactly was i talking about american laws... i was not.. plz stop noobing yourself

Really as i said before i was not after personal critism about me i was trying to discuss gun ownership..

be a man.. destroy your gun...

kx

Haha noobing myself? Well when you try to prove an American wrong about our laws and our history you have no right. You obviously don't know about America's history as you claim. You tell me I didn't know what I was talking about when I explained the 2nd Amendment but it doesn't even apply to you. Why you say a fact is wrong is beyond me. I posted a fact and you said I was wrong. So you have no right to talk if you have no idea what you are talking about. I am a man but I will not destroy my guns. There's no reason to. I'm not hurting anybody by having one. I'm not a psychopath, I don't have a criminal record. I'm a normal independent guy. Just because I own a gun doesn't mean I feel the need to shoot up a grocery store or find clock tower.

so you be a man... stop living in fear

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by doubleplusungood
Now then ATS

I am not here to comment on U.S gun laws. However, I do not understand why a nation with the right to bear arms as part of their constitution has gun free zones. This is inherently contradictory.

I am from the Britain by the way and am happy with my countries gun laws, I do not want to be able to own a handgun and don't think people in Britain should. But that is irrelevant to the point I am making.

Cheers

Well with the two part system you have people who don't agree. I'm happy you're happy with your laws. That's good. but what works for y'all doesn't work for everyone else. It's the way of the world. but no country will try to invade by foot lol. or aliens for that matter hahaha

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am truly sick of this part of the discussion... In another thread I am going over violence and I accept the fact tempers will be high... But some of this crap takes the cake...

(passing all the gun control advocates the kool-aid, its safe to drink)

Lets get to the nut cutting...

You want to take the guns from everyone....

1) so if I think that your computer is more advanced then mine, and thats not right. Even though you paid your own money your better computer might be able to break my equipment security.

2)As stated in the before i get banned thread... we are still animals and the only predator we have is other humans...

Although I do have a solution. It works on the same principal. Its trust that they will do the right thing...

How about the government and police of the world lay down there weapons first. Destroy all the gun plants.Then in an act of good faith the 'backwoods americans' will lay down theirs...

The principals you name state they will do it in good faith with the rest of the world...

I of course insist you liberals go first...

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join