It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To all the people who want to ban guns.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I havent read all 21 pages in this thread yet, but I just wanted to say HOORAY to the OP for a thread having COMMON SENSE and REALITY!! Well done OP, good for you!!

I used to live in the anti-gun, anti-rights Northeast and now live in a Pro-Gun state in the Southwest. Everyone here is armed to the gills and there is NO GUN-RELATED PROBLEMS. The reason for this is because us [color=skyblue]LAW-ABIDING folks here OBEY the LAW and are capable of BEHAVING properly in society. The criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get a gun and they do NOT care about the penalties and have no regards for laws anyways.

In the Anti-Gun Northeast where I lived previously, there were crimes EVERYDAY involving guns where these degenerate criminals would BULLY, BURGLARIZE, ASSAULT and MURDER on a daily basis, [color=skyblue]leaving the decent law-abiding folks and their families DEFENSELESS against this. The good folks couldnt even fight back while even unarmed without WORRYING ABOUT A LAWSUIT FROM THE CRIMINAL!!!! PFFFTTT!!!

edit on 12-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish
I don't like the idea of having an armed society. I've grown up in a place where you can't own a gun.

According to this report you are likelier to be killed if you are armed.

www.newscientist.com...

Well you didn't really live in a place where you *can't* own a gun... simply a place where it was against the law.

The study doesn't really pass the smell test. First of all a good number of the people in Philadelphia who own firearms are gang members. Of course its no surprise that gang members tend to get killed in gun violence. And the more concerned the gang member is about being armed the more likely he figures he may have to get in a gun fight will be. So no it doesn't really surprise me that the people who tend to be in areas where there is danger of gun violence against them do what they can to protect them selves with firearms. Had the study been done in a rural area I seriously doubt the same results would be seen.

All the other studies I've seen that study gun ownership seem to find that the more likely a locality will have armed locals, the LESS crime and LESS violence there turns out to be.

If you look at all the big shootings in the US the clear problem has been that not enough people are armed to fight back against them. If everyone were armed you'd hardly ever see a crazy guy shooting more than two or three people because he'd be long dead by that point.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
reply to post by Rocky Black

Unless there is a guarantee that every single gun in the United States is melted down - I will keep mine for the protection of my family. Especially in these troubled times.

There is no way that the act of "one" lunatic will justify taking away the guns from everyone else.

If they take the guns away from citizens who buy them legally, registered, trained, stable and for the right reasons, who will be left owning and buying them?

I'll tell you who -

Black market dealers selling to - drug dealers, criminals, and people who are desperate to kill! The majority of those guns are fully automatic - you know - Uzi's, AK47's !

There will always be weapons - and I am sure there will always be guns. Someone will own them!

Will it be the public - who registers them, trains to use them for defense of family - or will it be the street criminals who own them leaving us defenseless?

You people who claim that guns should be outlawed will be begging for help when this "Our America" falls into total collapse. Who will be watching your back?

Think about it!

Let me add this - if some unstable moron hid behind something and started shooting arrows and killing people randomly are you going to ban every single tree and every strong piece of string in the world?

Hold the person accountable - not the tool he used to carry out his insanity!
edit on 12-1-2011 by arizonascott because: (no reason given)

Do you realize how much harder is to kill someone without a gun ?

Imagine a mass killing with a crosshair and arrow ! He will get maybe 1 dead and 1 hurt !!!! Before someone jump on him !

He will need to reload every time.

He will get tacle before killing 2 people !

Like Jared.... if he had a 100 bullet gun.... He would kill far more....

The Funny irony is... with bullet, Jared seem powerfull and kill people.

When the bullet stop and he was recharging ( gun jammed i think ) , 3 OLD PEOPLE 1!! older then 55 stop him !!!

So with a bullet = he was a monster
without a bullet = he was a WEAK young man, getting stop by old people.

That why i hate gun, it overpower a lot of weak people :S.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
I would guesstimate that 80% of the people in this thread do not understand the Second Amendment, why we have it, and what that right entails.

well I'm part of the other 20%. tried telling purplemer that and he keeps writing back like I'm crazy

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeQuebec86

"You see gun as tool, when they are not !"

Then you really need to go back and read some of my post. I don't see guns as the dark evil that you do, I wasn't raised that way. I started shooting when I was 7 yrs old I'm 47 my guns have always been used as a tool for me. I also told you I live in bear and mtn lion country and I'm in the mtns a lot. The next time I run across a big cat or bear, should I just talk to it real nice, maybe try and explain my situation w/ the gun ban and why he will be able to have me for dinner tonight. Another foriegner trying tell me what he thinks I should be able to do and not do in my own %&*$ country. It's no wonder Glacier Natl Park has the highest amount of bear maulings and deaths anywhere, maybe it's because your all sitting up there with a swiss army knife and a stick?

edit on 12-1-2011 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Again, these events that happened in Tucson make me sick!

BUT

They jump on these shooting issues to take away our gun rights, play the blame game, start profiling issues and destroy our right to defend ourselves.

Look - crazy people have been killing people since the day the pyramids were built - and yes they had weapons too!

What can you say? Out of the millions and millions of gun owners, there are a few of them who carried out insane and senseless acts of murder.

That number doesn't justify pushing through unjust and sweeping laws that effect the other 20 million+ responsible gun owners. Guns don't kill people - messed up mentally unstable people kill people!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
What do you think would happen in New York city if guns were legal?
edit on 12-1-2011 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder

"You see gun as tool, when they are not !"

Then you really need to go back and read some of my post. I don't see guns as the dark evil that you do, I wasn't raised that way. I started shooting when I was 7 yrs old I'm 47 my guns have always been used as a tool for me. I also told you I live in bear and mtn lion country and I'm in the mtns a lot. The next time I run across a big cat or bear, should I just talk to it real nice, maybe try and explain my situation w/ the gun ban and why he will be able to have me for dinner tonight. Another foriegner trying tell me what he thinks I should be able to do and not do in my own %&*$ country. It's no wonder Glacier Natl Park has the highest amount of bear maulings and deaths anywhere, maybe it's because because your all sitting up there with a swiss army knife and a stick?

lol bear vs human with knife = not good.

I can understand that, but i'm more talking about public place + having a hand gun on you !

I'm maybe mis-inform, but it seem that USAer can bring gun anywhere anytime ! Like even in parking lot of school !

Yeah in sauvage area, i dont care ! I'm for hunting animal !

But having a gun in a down-town of a little town seem just weird and un-citizen for me. It's a lack of respect vs other.

But your country got one of the top 10 highest crime... So i get more your fear about your own citizens.

But yeah, i'm not raise like you xD For me, hand gun are for police and army or criminal.

Hunting gun are not really gun for me, it's for hunting ! not killing human ( to me gun = kill human )

It's just our differencies. If you got tired of gun, come live in Canada
( then you will get shot by a gun !!! ( I love irony xD )) .

Peace out ! I'm out for real !

And last word for today about that, GUN ROCK IN VIDEO GAME !!!!!!! xD That why i fear gun, i see how easy is to kill some one xD only 2-3 hit and you are done. ( or 1 HEADSHOOOOT ) xD

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Replying to: JonoEnglish's statement. Well sir, we like the right to bear arms in the USA. We do not fear anyone that may try to cause, or bring harm against us. I have personally seen what happens in other countries in the world that have no such rights. Adieu.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Are you in Canada? Sorry but your speech seems broken.

I am in America - and America wouldn't exist if we didn't have citizen gun ownership at the State level!

The right of gun ownership is more than just the individual gun ownership!

2nd Amendment
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State."

Also this has been debated if this law should apply and the courts agreed on a third model of interpretation and it says, under this third model, the Second Amendment protects a right of individuals to own and possess firearms, much as the First Amendment protects a right of individuals to engage in free speech.

I don't know what country you are from, perhaps you trust in your Government to watch your back. But here in America, we watch our neighbors backs, and we keep a vigilant eye on the powers of our Government to make sure they are there representing the interest of its people (those who elected them).

It is more than just defending against a random home invader - much more!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by fusionhunter

Not much would change for NYC. The ghetto trash would keep killing each other andrhe hoplophobic yuppies wouldn't bother to arm themselves or learn to use one.

NYC with it's draconian laws today would be exactly the same with more liberal laws tomorrow.

How many times have the anti's promised blood in the streets when a city, state or town loosened gun laws? How many times have their predictions come true?

I'm still waiting for the massive drop in deaths they promised with Clintons AWB 16 years ago and the massive rise in deaths upon it's expiration 6 years ago. The prior never happened and 6 years into the latter I'm still waiting.

They're like doomsdayers. Keep announcing the end is next Thursday and eventually you might be right but they weren't right last Thursday and it looks like this Thursday is also a bust.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fusionhunter
What do you think would happen in New York city if guns were legal?
edit on 12-1-2011 by fusionhunter because: (no reason given)

Well, in ANY area where guns are illegal, and thereafter made legal, the result would be lower crime for one thing, and the only other thing that would be different is that NOW the GOOD LAW-ABIDING folks will be given the opportunity to defend themselves and their family against the coward degenerate criminals who DO NOT LIKE TO PLAY FAIR. The degenerate criminals up there are CHICKEN-SH*T if their victim surprises them showing that they are on an even playing field with them. I am quite familiar with NYC and the surrounding areas...
edit on 12-1-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hey Fusionhunter, guns are legal in New York City. Don't understand your post. If you mean the city council has a "ban", or something, well okay, but in this country we have the second amendment to our Constitution that states: we have the "right to keep and bear arms". But I think there would be way less crime if people had at least one handgun on them at all times. You see son, if only the criminals had guns, then where does that notion make any sense ?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
One thing I dont understand is why they want to ban guns? Every day there are fatal car crashe's, Beating's and Stabing's etc etc. You can use pretty much any type of object to assault and kill an other person. So if you take away guns, you should allso take away the arms and legs of every single human, cuz there are beatings every single day that are fatal and every human is a potential killer. And the mumbo jumbo some people put out and say that only USA have the right to kill an intruder in your house is also just bullcr*p, I live in Sweden and here we have the right to kill an intruder in self defense. Hey I would like to be able to own a semi auto assualt rifle to use as a home defense weapon and to use it on the range. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Just an other thing. If we ban guns, who say's the bad guys cant get them illegaly? hmm? and guns aren't that hard to make by your own.

Guns don't kill people, People kill people. And thats a fact.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Monstret because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well hopefully debates like this even though they get a bit bickery at times, will help us all understand our own individual cultures and why they are the way they are, a little understanding on both sides is good. What works great for one country could be disasterous for another.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Perhaps, since this thread relates to the U.S. gun laws you should try and discuss that aspect rather than America bashing, which seems to be your one and only topic of conversation.

Right, you're from Canada, we get. Congrats now add something or shut the "canuck" up.

Now for this mesmerizing quote:

You can crow about your guns in America...but compare the murder rates for Toronto and Detroit...about 10 times higher per capita in Detroit

Who knows if your information is even correct. Let's say it is. This AGAIN isn't a U.S. versus Canada discussion as you incorrectly seem to think everything is about.

Perhaps you should check into the demographics of the 2 cities you mentioned. Your answer should strike you right on that frozen nose of yours.

The silly statement would be like comparing the average net worth of individuals from both Beverly Hills and Gary Indiana.

Seriously man, you need a new schtick.

Becker

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

Are you in Canada? Sorry but your speech seems broken.

I am in America - and America wouldn't exist if we didn't have citizen gun ownership at the State level!

The right of gun ownership is more than just the individual gun ownership!

2nd Amendment
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State."

Also this has been debated if this law should apply and the courts agreed on a third model of interpretation and it says, under this third model, the Second Amendment protects a right of individuals to own and possess firearms, much as the First Amendment protects a right of individuals to engage in free speech.

I don't know what country you are from, perhaps you trust in your Government to watch your back. But here in America, we watch our neighbors backs, and we keep a vigilant eye on the powers of our Government to make sure they are there representing the interest of its people (those who elected them).

It is more than just defending against a random home invader - much more!

yep i'm from Canada xD and we don't think that way xD.

Oh well, not here in Quebec ( french place ).

Maybe if we love gun like you, we would be a country too
. But oh welll

Democracy we make us free
!!! one day xD.

But gun-lover seem to take care too much about gun xD. It look like it's in your law to have a gun xD. ( your 2nd amedemant thing )

Just sad for innoncent death by gun... Happy to dont have close familly in USA xD !

I still love your culture and tv show ( souuuuuuuuuth park rooock ) ! xD But i would be scare to go in your country now that i see your thinking xD.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Reply to post by fusionhunter

Not much would change for NYC. The ghetto trash would keep killing each other andrhe hoplophobic yuppies wouldn't bother to arm themselves or learn to use one.

NYC with it's draconian laws today would be exactly the same with more liberal laws tomorrow.

How many times have the anti's promised blood in the streets when a city, state or town loosened gun laws? How many times have their predictions come true?

I'm still waiting for the massive drop in deaths they promised with Clintons AWB 16 years ago and the massive rise in deaths upon it's expiration 6 years ago. The prior never happened and 6 years into the latter I'm still waiting.

They're like doomsdayers. Keep announcing the end is next Thursday and eventually you might be right but they weren't right last Thursday and it looks like this Thursday is also a bust.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Yup exactly. Criminals will always find a way to get weapons. Young kids who grew up in crime filled areas were asked how easy is it for them to get guns? Very easy. You need a gun you'll have no problem getting it. Crime is alot different these days. Piss someone off and they'll shoot you no regards until their in prison cell or on the death penalty.

link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

The people who we can trust *the very least* are the same people the US congress wants to shower with guns.... the gung-ho nutters in the US Army who just got done killing over 100,000 Iraqi people with their weaponry. That included not just guns but tanks and bombs. After all the nukes, tanks, and artillery are gone from the planet *only then* it would make any sense at all to worry about simple machine guns owned by Joe down the street.

Governments around the world never hesitate to murder using guns. Mike Huckabee, the "Christian" ex-pastor who wants to be our next president said he wants to kill Julian Assange for exercising his freedom of the press. How is that for violence?

Militias prove to be the most responsible with guns... hardly ever having used them at all. Any US militia gun violence it makes major headlines every time, as a very big deal. Then after that individuals are next most responsible, using them occasionally. Again, such events make big headlines usually, but occasionally miss the front page. And finally, last and least, the governments of the world are dead last in responsibility of handling guns... having killed what perhaps 30 million people by using guns and much more violent munitions? Gun violence in Iraq doesn't make any headlines at all because its so common... simply expected, even. Compare 30 million projectile/bomb kills by governments with perhaps 200,000 all-time gun-related deaths by individuals in the USA.

Guns don't kill people. Governments kill people

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Perhaps, since this thread relates to the U.S. gun laws you should try and discuss that aspect rather than America bashing, which seems to be your one and only topic of conversation.

Right, you're from Canada, we get. Congrats now add something or shut the "canuck" up.

Now for this mesmerizing quote:

You can crow about your guns in America...but compare the murder rates for Toronto and Detroit...about 10 times higher per capita in Detroit

Who knows if your information is even correct. Let's say it is. This AGAIN isn't a U.S. versus Canada discussion as you incorrectly seem to think everything is about.

Perhaps you should check into the demographics of the 2 cities you mentioned. Your answer should strike you right on that frozen nose of yours.

The silly statement would be like comparing the average net worth of individuals from both Beverly Hills and Gary Indiana.

Seriously man, you need a new schtick.

Becker

Montreal is 2millions people ( with sub urban ) and we had maybe 10-15 guns death in 2010 ( automatic gun is illegal ) 3 was in the Mafia :O ( the godfather of mtl was shot in his house ).

I know that, because here, if someone just shot a gun, even without hit or kill someone, media will take about it for days ! xD

Do you have the # of a 2millions city ? I guess it's more then 10 seriously :S.

we had maybe 25 homicide in montreal.

I didnt search for info, i just think about what media reported ( im a media freak xD ) and gun event here are heavly reported

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join