It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outsider Artist Paints Alien Interactions: (Philadelphia Museum of Art showing!)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We Must Collect
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4f2413173c3d.jpg[/atsimg]

The text (followed by flying saucers, crop circles, and ancient iconography) in Grimes' We Must Collect refers to what he perceives as meaningful coincidences and mistakes in earthly writings about interstellar communications.

A few years after Ken Grimes had his first psychotic break, he started putting some of his ideas about extraterrestrials on canvas. Two decades later, the schizophrenic artist has seen his work appear in the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Outsider Art Fair, and New York’s Ricco/Maresca Gallery. “We get so accustomed to seeing the same thing,” says Leslie Umberger, senior curator at the John Michael Kohler Arts Center. But Grimes actually accomplishes “what many artists aspire to: changing the way we see and think.”

In Western America
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9217ff763392.jpg[/atsimg]

So how does Grimes think? For one, he disagrees with ufologists who say aliens “would come to Earth to help us build pyramids or Easter Island.” Alien communication is more subtle than that, he says. That’s why he began looking for evidence of hidden messages in contemporary texts—particularly ones about radio astronomy and the star Epsilon Eridani. He’s hunting for inconsistencies and synchronicities that are too remarkable to result from chance or human fallibility. These strange errors, he reasons, must be a form of communication.

Variations of Seti,
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b65083131eea.jpg[/atsimg]

Source; www.wired.com... +Stories+2%29%29&pid=4199

I don't know about this guy. Thoughts?

I think my kids did a better job on the art when they were 8.

But, if it helps the cause-getting the word out about UFO/Aliens etc. good.

And, to be presented/displayed at the Phildelphia Museum of Art... Not bad... Not bad at all.

I may even venture on down to see it... we'll see what you guys come up with on him. Enjoy the works.
edit on 1/11/2011 by anon72 because: Mod deleted the wrong double thread. We did and posted

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Mods. I sent an alert as I accidently double posted this thread originally.

I noticed the wrong one (the one I edit/deleted the info) was not deleted but the actually remaining thread.

I corrected and re-posted. Sorry for the error.

Enjoy.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Fascinating paintings!

The one with binary code all over it seems like a drawing of the "Hello world" signal sent by Sagan and Drake in 1974 (I think that was the year it was sent? it's the famous signal they sent out, and later got a reply for in a crop circle in the UK).

Weird that wired is posting them. I guess they don't mind going into ET topics? They don't present the paintings like those of a madman, but actually kinda seriously. Thanks for postin!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
As an artist, i've never painted or sculpted anything resembling or referencing ufo/alien subject matter...

I don't know why....just an observation of self..

I agree that this man's art is just horrible to look at....

And his subject matter dosn't really break any new boundaries or push any heavy envelope, which is usually a requirement when your art is so visually mute or displeasing...

As far as 'spreading the word' about UFOlogy, i couldn't care less.

"Spreading the word" seems too much of a religion based way of thinking....Even if you change WHAT people think or believe, the train of thought or process will be just as deformed as it was before 'coming around'...

I really don't feel the need to be apart of some UFOlogy 'crusade'...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

Well, you sure have an interesting take on it. I hadn't thought of it as a crusade.

But, after thinking about it a bit, I can see where you could say that. All a matter of presception-to me.

I think the more people that believe and demand info from the Gov't-regardless of what it is AS LONG AS it's the truth- the better.

If there are aliens etc and the gov't knows, then we have a right to know-for our own protection/religious/mental health/inner self etc... Maybe in the 40/50/60's the masses may not have been able to handle it any disclousure info too well (Orson Wells radio program proved that).

But, now-a-days. I think we as a society have come along enough to be able to handle any confirmations etc.

Again.. if

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When is this being showcased? I live a walk away to the art museum here. Doesn't seem to interesting, but deff enough to take a look.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Lucky you living so close there, although I bet the crowds on New Years drive you nuts on the BFP haha

I'll probably be making a drive into the city (about a half hour out) to see this, i dont think it will be very often that a major metropolitan museum will host a showing like this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Its definetely worth the trip.If you scour the bottom of that water fountain there,you can get enough coins to take the family to kfc .

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

I think the more people that believe and demand info from the Gov't-regardless of what it is AS LONG AS it's the truth- the better.

If there are aliens etc and the gov't knows, then we have a right to know-for our own protection/religious/mental health/inner self etc...

But what is the truth?.....In most cases, the Truth is an ugly truth....Maybe not for you, or even for me, but for SOMEONE, somewhere, the truth will destroy them...

The truth is Rattlesnakes strike...Not terribly disturbing news for the Rattlesnake...Horrible news for the horses..

The truth is our bodies act as hosts to parasitic worms....again, great news for the worms, and even the parasites living inside the worms, but terrible news for the host....

What if the truth was that Hitler was right?...What if caucasion people are the direct descendants of some superior race?...Great news for Whitey, but i'm not so sure that the rest of the world would agree...What if it were the Asians, or even the Arabs that are descendants of a superior race...The rightful heirs to a dynasty...

What if the truth about Aboriginals was that they are the only TRUE and native inhabitants of planet earth? That they were the sole and rightful heirs to every grain of salt and dirt populated by 'invasive' races?

Say the Alien's take credit for creating humanity....What of god, and organized religeon?...would this be the dismantling of organized religeon, or plant the seed for new, more violent religeons?

Or the other way around...suppose we find GOD in our search for Alien life....Some would prefer Alien intelligence as opposed to the WRATH of GOD described in holy texts around the world...This could give organized religeon the ultimate power...but WHICH religeon?...what happens to the others?...war...

Lies are healthier for the masses....it's our own bloodthirsty fault....

But what are lies?....Usually put in place to hide the truth....an ugly truth....an ugly truth that would work for some, and against others...

Just my take on the 'disclosure' that we're all praying for....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I appreciate your idea(s). But, I think you are a little deeper than I am looking at it.

I'm saying if a UFO/Alien craft crash in Roswell-let us know. If something buzzed the White House and it looked like a UFO. Let us know.

That truth. Not subjective type of things.

new topics

top topics

join