It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swiss village: pay your dog tax or fido gets it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
How about if we don't pay our taxes, the government has to get rid of their own kind until we start paying up, perform it old yeller style.

Who would you rather forfeit, your dog or your politician? Remember it’s between man’s best friend and man’s mass murderer, your choice.

And don't attack me because this is bad timing and all because this is a JOKE.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rimjaja

What, the freedom to own a non-native, ecologically destructive and potentially dangerous animal without making any indication that you are sufficiently responsible to prevent it from costing others?

Or perhaps the right to keep a living creature in captivity without making any indication that you are capable of looking after its physical and mental welfare?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

indeed. i support a compulsary license/insurance for all dogs here in the uk. my main reasons being that i use on a regular basis footpaths on a journey of approx 4 miles daily in order to satisfy the huskie. these paths are littered with the remnants of many a canine. i have seen from a distance (too far to do anything about) savages on bicycles with dog running parellel unleashed. pet spills the contents and back to where they came from. on half a dozen occasions my dog has been attacked and if it wasn't for the fact she is permanently on a lead i would not have been able to seperate them. anyway the usual mo is they walk/cycle along this path with loose pet and casually watch whilst the pooch proceeds to drop it's guts all over the tarmac.
many years ago i got that cheesed of with the same old crap i dusted off my zenit, loaded and locked and carried it virtually everywhere. i even recall taking an inventory in the evening and first thing in the morning of the contents of the back street and the front of terrace were i used to live. there were children playing in the back street and it was horrific to know it was becoming a toilet. i photographed many turds, the dog that dropped it and the owner as they walked away from it. then i would shout something akin to "your dog has just dropped it's guts where kids play. are you going to pick it up?" if no answer was forthcoming i simply followed the owner at a nice distance to their front door where i also took a picture. before entering their homes i gave the owner the option of returning to bag it and dispose of in their own bin or i would simply hand over the evidence to the kops.
all returned and removed the bio-hazard immediately.
there are savages out there who own dogs for the wrong reasons and i know of individuals who abused their pets physically and mentally. some scumbag moved in next door (renting) with facing rear doors and a five foot wall between. one evening myself and a couple of mates were chilling out when we heard screaming. it didn't sound human and well all went to the back yard. this scumbag (22 yo) was violently squeezing a cat whilst his friends watched. we all went crazy and many neighbours came out upon hearing the commotion. i declared war on this scumbag and so did the others. it was befitting that he left not long after he arrived.
a license/insurance system will ensure if anything goes wrong, for example an attack on a child resulting in scars at the very least, there is a compulsary fund to compensate for the injuries sustained. the higher the risk of the dog (type) the higher the premium.
there are many whom i feel are not fit even having responsibility over a slug. occasionally i feel like "why should i bother picking up my pooches poo when it seems a growing minority/majority couldn't care less?" then i give my head a shake and remind myself i am Above The Savages!
btw i always carry a camera, it's much more compact than the old bulletproof.
regards f

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

A while ago I was using a train station in the Bronx, and they just repaired a nice stretch of a sidewalk with fresh concrete, very nicely done apparently just a few days or weeks ago. The whole surface was pretty much covered in dog poo, and it was both repulsive and sad -- people who lived nearby thought it acceptable to do that, to their own environment. There is a fine for that, but who the hell is going to enforce that?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

the camera method was very successful me but that was when the opportunity arose mostly. we have enforcement over here with fines if transgressed but obviously witnessed by an officer of the law. however i think any decent society wanting to tackle this nasty issue must recognise we all have an obligation to do something to improve our lot. with so many carrying cameras on their phones these days it wouldn't be that much of a hinderance to take footage of the culprit and offending act and post it on a website with time and location details included. i forgot to add that when the neighbours got wind of what i was doing they themselves confronted the culprits as well. it was indeed the cleanest back street in my town for many years.
we all used to jokingly call it 'whippy 'patrol'.
regards f

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I've spent a lot of time in Switzerland, too. They love animals and nature, but they also can have appreciation of laws. Ordnung ist ordnung, you know. So I doubt dogs will be killed, but I guess the local govt got the attention of the owners. I'm sure there are other ways to collect, of course. If one insists on messing with the Swiss government, they ultimately will be on the receiving end.

Yeah l agree on the 'Ordnung ist ordnung' part and usually the Swiss do not want to mess with their government, but not to this extent! l can assure you this would not end very well for the officials of this village, if they really wanted to kill the dogs of the populace, lol. But l'm sure this story is heavily exaggerated coming from the Blick tabloid.

edit on 11-1-2011 by gnostician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by LDragonFire

I wouldn't mess with the swiss government,have you seen the knives their army carries:

Bad ASS!

This must be their "Special Forces" version:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b69e4955b82d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Holy crap, you need a manual to only find the nail file.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Brilliant

top topics

<< 1   >>

join