It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is area 51's main runway used or not?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Example, the new runway was built to eliviate the stress forom the first runway and to make room for extra teresral craft, mo I doubt it would say my point is and it's not a dig and I really do appreciate that idea but groom lake is a top secret airfield that the government still deny is there so what makes you think in the documents it would tell us why the second runway was built the info that you get from it might very well be true and they might Tell the truth. I'm going to have a look into it though will keep you posted, thanks again

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You may live in a world where Area 51 is some sort of super top secret facility that doesn't officially exist but some of us live in a world where Area 51 is just part of the test & evaluation infrastructure used by the Department of Defense and intelligence community for evaluation of cutting edge aircraft and systems.

Stop mythologizing it.

The existence of the Groom Lake facility has never been secret. In 1955 the CIA crafted a statement for release to the news media through the Atomic Energy Commission to inform the public of construction of the new base. The statement, describing the location and basic configuration of the airfield (then known as Watertown Airstrip) was given to newspapers, television reporters, and radio stations in Nevada and Utah. In 1959, the media was further informed of progress on "Project 51" at Groom Lake where EG&G was moving their radar facilities. In January 1960, an unclassified Nevada Test Site newsletter published "new Area 51 telephone numbers" for the base commander, security office, and base contractor. Area 51 appeared on numerous unclassified maps, including those handed out to the general public by the AEC. The most famous acknowledgement of the existence of the facility was the 1995 declaration by President Bill Clinton in regard to "the Air Force operating location near Groom Lake." Last year, the CIA declassified its association with Area 51, now allowing the terms "Groom Lake" and "Area 51" to be used freely in discussions and documents regarding the agency's historic activities at the site.

If you can't find any documents on the Groom Lake runways, just study the recent satellite imagery. Many pictures show parts of the lakebed filled with water from the rainy season. The flood-damaged northern end of the old runway is clearly visible in a picture taken in April 2000. Remember, the northern end is right on the edge of the lakebed. The asphalt extension across the west side of the lakebed was for emergency use.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

You got this info from dreamland resort I'm talking about the runway now which I should be anyway please tell me if I'm wrong and I might be everything on dreamland is what somebody has written where is the official documents saying that it's never been a secret base, I'm looking everywhere and all I'm getting is mixed OPINIONS saying yes it is secret and the government have always denied it's there and other opinions are saying no the government have always acknowledged it's existence so on that I will need official documents, any ideas where I should start looking?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

Sorry that is supposed to read: I'm not talking about the runway now
My mistake sorry

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Yes. Please read "It's No Secret: Area 51 was Never Classified," on the Dreamland Resort web site. It is an excellent article and includes scans of many of the documents and maps. There are other documents available, as well, but I don't know how many are on the Internet. Some are available in the National Archives and through various other providers of unclassified and declassified documents (Dept. of Energy, CIA, etc.).

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowhawk

CIA documents

These are official documents related to Groom Lake. I'm going to load about 60 more pages this weekend.

I consider the Roadrunners website to be an accurate source. Also the old and new "security" manuals.

Like I said, filling FOIAs is what shakes loose information. If you don't ask, they aren't going to tell.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
thank you shadow and gariac i will chase them up in the morning ill let you know how i get on, as for now nite nite

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by simples

i think its used rarely since ppl talk about they moved the stuff too another place since its was so hyped up in the conpirazy world.

i dont think they even are there any more.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by simples

www.allmystery.de..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Q. is the runway unused or is it used for different aircraft that do not have conventional ways of landing ie tyres?
(edit for space)
Q. is the longer runway just used to take off and the shorter to land?
Q. Is the longer runway not the main runway?
Q. Or am i just going mad
why extend the runway not to use it

Only at night.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
they are still there it was proved a couple months back there is still alot of activity there

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This looks like a FAQ page, but there is a search engine link at the top.
CIA reading room

CREST is search engine that finds the titles of documents, but the documents are not online. You need to go to the National Archives (NARA) in College Park Maryland. Third floor in the library. You are monitored via overhead camera. What you print out is noted. Hey, these people are spies, what else would you expect.
CIA CREST

CREST data just shows up. Usually quarterley, but NARA gets no notice. The CIA just shows up and puts new data into their servers, which are in a steel cage bolted to the floor. There is no electronic retrieval of documents, just a laser printer. I have well over a foot of printed pages, and I assure you I'm not scanning and uploading that much information.

With CREST, you can at least do the search at the leisure of your PC, then when you show up to NARA, you can plug and chug the documents. Every time the word "secret" appears, you need to cross it out. This is usually twice on every page. This gets very tedious. The only good news in all this is the CIA provided the paper and toner.

DOE search

There is also a "reading room" in Las Vegas at the Atomic Testing Museum. Access to the reading room is free. I've only gone their to look at sanitized and declassified videos. I don't know if they have more documents there than can be found on line.

The DOE used to run a website call graylit. The documents aren't in the black, but rather they are gray. This vanished for some reason. This link is what you get if you look for the old graylit website. It seems similar to the other OSTI search, but I haven't investigated that aspect fully.

something like graylit

old Groom Lake security manual

new security manual

Happy searching.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
reply to post by simples

i think its used rarely since ppl talk about they moved the stuff too another place since its was so hyped up in the conpirazy world.

It was never moved, and the base is as busy as ever.

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
if area 51 is so top secret when why can u see pics of it

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
the pictures are from a distance you cant make anything of relevance out however alot of people suspect that area 51 is more of an underground facility but nobody can prove that i think, the closest you can actualy get to groom lake is roughly 25 miles thats from Tickaboo peak, you would need some very expensive camera equipment to get some good quality close up pictures

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by firepilot

Originally posted by MrAnnunaki
reply to post by simples

It was never moved, and the base is as busy as ever.

interesting, but no new pictures or information?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We have all seen photos of Area 51 employees going to work on the Buses or coming out of the Airport in Las Vegas after getting off the "Janet" flights, yes!

So why doesn't somebody just follow one home in their car and kind of, sort of say, tell me or else etc?

Surely somebody would spill the or some beans about what is going on their if you looked like a bit of a thug.

I'm not endorsing violence or anything like that, just a sort of tell us what you know.

Do you think they would speak out or just slam the door in your face?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

One of those dumb Area 51 TV so-called documentaries followed an employee to his house. The jerk got the door slammed in his face. The employee probably had a visit from base security due to the public exposure.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
reply to post by minkey53

One of those dumb Area 51 TV so-called documentaries followed an employee to his house. The jerk got the door slammed in his face. The employee probably had a visit from base security due to the public exposure.

what was the name of the documentary ?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAnnunaki

That would require watching a few of those bad documentaries to get the title. No thanks.

Maybe the IMDB. Look for Chuck Clark.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join