It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big cat was prowling around my garden, claims pensioner.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

THREE sightings of big cats have been reported in Derbyshire since the new year.

A pensioner said she saw a panther-like creature in her Mickleover garden twice while a motorist claimed she saw a big cat while driving down a country lane.

And a dog-walker said he found a huge paw print in a Brailsford field.

Sheila Noble, 83, said she first saw a big black cat in her garden on New Year's Day.

She claimed she watched it jump over an eight-foot-tall gate.

Click here for the full story.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Well its looking like the weather may be causing problems for our alleged bigger predators here in the UK.

Ive always been a believer in big cats in the UK, and its no surprise that they would feel the strain of the colder weather we're having. Theres certainly a lot less livestock out in the fields so creatures like this would be forced closer to residential areas for what scraps of food they can get. I cant imagine the shock the old lady must of had witnessing this cat eating her bird food.

Lets hope they dont wander closer and get brave much like the foxes are these days.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is interesting. I live in Nottingham not far from Mickleover. During the snowy weather I was driving down the A516 at night near Mickleover and swore I saw a big black animal run across the road a few meters ahead. I passed it off as a stray dog and didn't think much of it at the time but I remember thinking it was a BIG dog. Could have been the same thing!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fiftyfifty

I honestly believe they are out there, ive had my own big cat experience which i briefly mentioned here, about the 7th post down.

Theres too many sightings for the idea to be ignored IMO.

posted on Jan, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I am not too familiar with the big cat phenomenon in the UK, and have never visited there either so I am not familiar with the lanscape. With that being said, I believe with almost certainty that they could exist, and in fact sightings like these only give more credence to the alleged phenomenon.

Thank you very much for sharing this, I always enjoy the threads in the cryptid forum, I wish there was more in here!

S and F

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I love these big cat stories. I live up North but i would love to go down to Derbyshire or other places where these sightings have been reported and go and rummage around the forests.

new topics

top topics

join