It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I see a UFO? Can you guys help me determine if I should report this sighting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The sighting took place in Washington state on a state ferry going from Vashon Island to Fauntleroy in West Seattle. THe sighting took place at about 10:15PM on Thursday, July 8th. About 30 minutes before the sighting, waiting in line in the car for the ferry, I noticed a helicopter moving in from the NE to the SE. I saw it and then it moved behind us and I could hear it for some time. A little bit later I was on the ferry in the car, which was parked at the very front of the ferry. I saw one helicopter who had 5 or so uncolored lights on. I also saw another object, that I could not discern as a helicopter or plane. It was too far away for me to tell its shape, but I could tell it was pointed. I thought it might be a small airplane. The unidentified object was directly in front of the ferry, and the helicopter was a ways to the left, moving to circle the area. The helicopter and unidentified object appeared to be at about the same height, and around the same speed, though the helicopter was farther away (I am terrible at estimating distances and altitude and speed.) The helicopter's lights, after a few seconds, changed to one uncolored light and one red/blue light (it appeared to be two lights cloase to each other, but I am nto sure) that alternated in blinking between uncolored and red/blue. This was the lighting all helicopters I saw from that point on were using. The unidentified object remained the same in terms of lighting. I looked at the object closely, as it passed directly over the ferry. I saw that the lights were all uncolored, shaped in an equilateral triangle, with one light in the center appearing to pulsate. I saw this from directly under the object as it passed over the ferry. Then the object mobed behind us and the ferry itself obstructed my ability to see it. The helicopter also moved out of sight as it moved to the left of the ferry where I was unable to see it. However, a few minutes later one helicopter came over the hill directly in front of me, and another came in from the right where it had been invisible to me before due to the ferry obstructing my vision. I estimate that in all there were 3 or 4, possibly even 5 helicopters that appeared to be circling the area around Vashon Island. Once I got off the ferry I saw another helicopter which was likely one of the ones I had seen earlier coming around in the circle. As surprising as it may sound I did not attempt to look back across the water after I got off the ferry. I am not certain why.

Does this triangular object have a conventional explanation? Sea-Tac international airport is not too far to the North of where I was, but I think the object was absolutely not a commercial airliner jet, as the shape of the lights was too equilateral of a triangle and I judged it to be too small and low-flying. I couldn't tell if there was noise on the ferry because the ferry itself is rather loud.

[edit on 9-7-2004 by spngsambigpants]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:00 AM
link   
In the true sense of the word you did see a UFO as you could not identify it. If it was a alien craft I cannot say. But this triangle craft has been reported on a number of times by different people. I think it might be a US secret plane. Some of the shapes that are showing up in new aircraft are not that far off from the triangle shape. Northtrops UCAV Pegasus is a good example of this.

I think you caught a glimpse of a very secret US plane but thats just my opinion

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I would tend to agree with Shadow on this one; hadn't it been for that pulsating in the bottom centre of the object. That sounded a little odd to me.

The question as to whether you should report it; it's up to you I think.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Did it look like this

There was a flap of sightings of a triangle craft in Belgium in 1990
They also have a video of this sighting

VIDEO

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
spngsambigpants,

The fact that a handful of helicopters were circling the area, possibly checking out precisely what you were viewing, is significant.

It may indeed have been a US black projects aircraft. However, there have been sightings of huge triangular shaped UFOs that are much larger than the relatively smaller US aircraft.

There are a number of ways to tell them apart.

UFOs often:

are completely silent.
stop and hover easily high in the air.
are surrounded by a glow of light.
turn on a dime.

Jet propelled aircraft are not completely silent, cannot stop on a dime high in the air and hover for long periods, and are not surrounded by a glow of light.

These are some of the ways to distinguish between US black projects aircraft and genuine UFOs.

With the possible exception of coming across a black projects aircraft that uses a form of propulsion other than jet engines.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
big pants, just as the previous posters told you, it's not quite obvious that this is a UFO. The fact that there were helicopters near it should only point out that the object was indeed a chopper but did'nt looked like it.... probably because of fog. It could also be one of these black project planes...

If you'd have saw a huge cirgar-shaped object the size of a mall taking off and vanishing in mid-air, somekind of diffuse light "bouncing" in the skies and seemingly defying the laws of gravity, going from incredible speeds to immobility, floating above trees in a forest, or other strange stuff like that then yeah I think there would be a reason to report it.

You know, serious ufological organisations like MUFON have hundreds (if not thousands) of cases of sightings, but many of those are just people making things up or either thinking they saw flying saucers that were just man-made object after all. So it's important to be sure of what you've seen before reporting it.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Did it look like this
VIDEO

I couldn't see the shape of the craft itself, because it was too dark. THe light configuration, however, was exactly like that, except the lights were uncolored and the one in the middle appeared to be pulsating.

What I meant when I said "Did I see a UFO," was "Can you guys help me try to identify this UFO I saw?" Like etchellion siad, it's important to be sure of what you have seen before you report it.

I should have mentioned that the craft I saw did not exhibit physically impossible flight characteristics, except possibly for air-speed which I am not capable of effectively judging and so have no idea. The craft simply moved in a straight line and maintained the same speed and altitude. Like I said I guess it was traveling a little faster than the helicopters in the area, but it is hard for me to tell. I could not tell if it was making a sound, as I was inside the car and the ferry itself is very loud.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've seen two UFOS during the past six months. The first one was a bright shining thing about 3 km from me. It came out of nowhere, and it moved toward the ground as a plane ready to crash. It was late afternoon, so I could not see its shape, seemed to me like a plane's lights turned on, though much brighter. As I did not hear reports of air crash, I definately think that it was a UFO, it was under intelligent control, and shining too bright to be conventional lighting. It was moving too fast, also.
The second sighting was something inside a cloud, moving extremely fast, and shining very bright. I was thinking whether it was some form of lightning, but it had a shape, and a straight path, and a constant speed.

All of it was amazing.

new topics

top topics

join