It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange: WikiLeaks to step up spilling secrets

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Assange: WikiLeaks to step up spilling secrets

www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON — WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange vowed to increase the release of revelations related to secret U.S. diplomatic cables after he appeared in British court Tuesday as part of his fight to avoid extradition to Sweden.

Assange said the website is "stepping up our publishing for matters related to Cablegate and other materials."

New revelations "will shortly be appearing through our newspaper partners around the world, big and small newspapers and some human rights organizations," he to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It's about time, the rate they were releasing info would have taken decades for all of it to come out. They need to get on with it and stop dragging this out.

He's got his book deal so he should be able to afford his legal defence against his charges in Sweden, Now get on with is Wikileaks, quit holding back and let see what you got....

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

In all honesty I would absolutely love for something earthshaking to come out of Wikileaks. Unfortunately I just don't think it will be so.

Here's to hoping I am wrong!

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The problem is, even if they do release something major now, it's going to have fairly little impact- they've missed the boat. Here in the UK at least, these cables have received next to no coverage this past month and during that time several other major news stories have broken that are going to steal all the coverage. They've played this really badly from a tactical perspective, I bet the government/bank execs are crying with laughter.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

In all honesty I would absolutely love for something earthshaking to come out of Wikileaks. Unfortunately I just don't think it will be so.

Here's to hoping I am wrong!

~Heff

I wonder if there is anything 2012 related? Or cosmic as in comets or other threats. Much of what has been released just confirmed what many expected, my favorite so far is about the bees.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I think the whole thing is bs... I think it's all been a pre cursor to taking away our freedom of speech via the Internet.

I doubt anything earth shattering will come out now..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Good!! I take it the court hearing went well and they can probably concentrate a bit more on the cables again...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Until he spills info on 9/11, FED, MOSSAD, CIA..ect, Vatican.. he has not spilled anything worthy! I use to think Wiki was legit but now seems like the elite are using Assange as a puppet.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
really!! lets get the ball rolling. Put up or shut up. I think if he had anything earth shattering he would have passed it out already. However since he is being attacked ? maybe he does have something so earth shattering he doesnt know how to release it without kaos. who knows. i am still waiting for the big one to make my desision on whether he is ligit.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good. The sooner the better. Time to change the playing field and shift the balance of power back to where it belongs...with the people. We can handle the truth.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Good.. Getting tiresome with all the procrastinating and game playing.. Air the dirty laundry of the corrupt bastards in dizzy city already...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
Until he spills info on 9/11, FED, MOSSAD, CIA..ect, Vatican.. he has not spilled anything worthy! I use to think Wiki was legit but now seems like the elite are using Assange as a puppet.

if those were to be revealed then whats left for the insurance files

i think he's waiting for the right time and that's when he gets most of the attention.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I don't think he has anything really "Earth Shattering" left Just more dirt on people. So far [for me] the two revelations that were big was. 1. China was ok with a unified Korea under southern control and 2. Iran's Arab neighbors wanted their eviction. Other than that it's been really mild so far....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The wikileaks org, has missed its timing of that i am sure>If they have anything momentous it may just be ignored to a great extent.
It all depends on the news papers which have partnered with them....
If the papers dont release it then who will?
personally i am getting tired of being grabbed to check out stuff i already was pretty sure was ahppening anyways...
Lets get down the the real needed info that they promised.....!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
While I do agree that there has been nothing major, there is one thing to consider...

He is fighting what looks very much like US pressured charges from Sweden.

He is in a position where he is dependant on the same type of people that he is exposing to be fair and unbiased. Any chance he may get a fair trial in the courts would instantly evaporate if he dropped a bombshell that was humiliating or indicated crimminal behavior.

Right now the British politicians only have to consider the impact of some embarrassing comments from American diplomats; nothing to warrant a complete subversion of thier legal system over.

There is a quote from the movie Blue Thunder that fits here...

When walking on eggshells, don't hop

I don't know if WL is legit or not, I don't know if JA is guilty as charged or not...only time will tell.

What the slow pace of release has done for them (WL) however is expose many of thier enemies and the tactics that will be used against them. Now that both sides have exposed thier initial hand, wait and see what happens.
edit on 11-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Sure he would! He'd have the global population hunting down the global elite! They'd be far too busy running from 7 billion people over the whistle-blower whom blew his load already.
edit on 11-1-2011 by disfugured because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Do you get the feeling this is just Assange saying 'Everyone pay attention to me again' I doubt they have info that could change anything, ask yourself this what impact have the had, who have they broughy down ?? So far as I can see the only people to suffer are those who disclosed the info

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Wikileaks is so last year

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
Do you get the feeling this is just Assange saying 'Everyone pay attention to me again' I doubt they have info that could change anything, ask yourself this what impact have the had, who have they broughy down ?? So far as I can see the only people to suffer are those who disclosed the info

This ^

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
He still has the Bank of America dirt doesn't he?

If that plummets their stock or causes a few more banks to crash we are all going to feel it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join