It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
This is to those who will today be searching for clues into the mind of a madman by reading ATS, i am writing this today to point out that the members on this site, are YOU.
We Are You, we are men and women with jobs, homes, familys, who have found a place to get answers to questions that will not be raised by mainstream news sources, and ask questions about things that are well beyond the norm. ATS provides a forum for questions to be asked of all kinds without boundries or censorship what these questions lead to is discussion, a peaceful discussion of topics of all types. The topics raised are those that are Dire, Urgent, Joyous, and beautiful, they range from UFO's to Slideshows of Natures beautiful creatures, from Conspiracys to Facinating Wonders of Nature and Man.
ATS is made up of very thoughtful and intelligent people who care about the world they and their familys live in, ATS is managed by fair and consistant people who do not tolerate hate on their site, even if it were, i believe the members of this site would on mass reject something so disgusting.
So to those who are about to look at this sight with a suspisious eye, We Are You, all we want are answers, and we are Proud to be members of a web site that allows the free exchange of ideas We are Proud to be members of Above Top Secret.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Here, here!

I second everything that you said and only add that it is impossible to gauge the quality of any community by looking at just a handful of its members.

And ATS is our community. Members have literally laid every single brick of which ATS is built and many of us take great pride in this fact.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

it would be the same to stereotype someone for the color of their skin as it would to judge us by the forum we use

and while you're here, check stuff out and learn a thing or two

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Well, the sad truth is, many people instantly label a thing, then only see the label. I have heard people say that ATS is full of "nut jobs." I have also heard conspiracy theorist called "mental." What we are is a civilization here, we have people from all walks of life..... engineers, firemen, police officers, doctors, lawyers, laborers, militia members, scientists, mathematicians, physicists. If planed on an island, we could in fact survive, and thrive, provided adequate resources were available. Yes, we do have some ignorant people, but intelligence is raising every day, and people do come here to learn, myself inclusive. And there are revolutionaries here, and secessionists, and those who deem to convert everyone to a particular religious dogma, there are fear mongers, war supporters, and war protesters, and peace supporters. We are everyone. Can anyone even imagine the awesome force of us if we all stood together?

new topics

top topics

join