It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry The Biggest Multinational Corporation in the World.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

There were recent floods in srilanka, Brazil, Australia, does freemasonry lodges did any aid work there. If it is a charity organization than it should actively do charity work.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by vinay86

Masonry is part of our Culture, whether you agree with it or not, that is your own business, but it has a very long tradition especially in the US and UK.

If masonry is part of your culture, than why it is not in the textbooks of school children's or In the curriculum of schools anywhere else in the world.
edit on 4/2/11 by vinay86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by vinay86

If masonry is part of your culture, than why it is not in the textbooks of school children's or In the curriculum of schools anywhere else in the world.

That's a good question. The only answer I can give is that the writers of the textbook themselves are not familiar with the importance of Freemasonry in American history, or, if they are aware, are biased.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

There were recent floods in srilanka, Brazil, Australia, does freemasonry lodges did any aid work there. If it is a charity organization than it should actively do charity work.

I would have to ask those Masons in Sri Lanka, Australia, and Brazil. In the United States, Masonic charitable funds tend to be spent on children with physical handicaps, the urn centers, the speech disorder clinics, and various other similar projects. Individual Lodges usually do a lot of non-publicized work (Toys For Tots, assisting the elder in paying personal bills, and other things of that nature).

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Maybe they did. Not sure. Maybe you should ask. Sometimes donations are done without publicizing it.x`

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

reply to post by Rockpuck

They did...
www.freemasonrytasmania.org...
www.freemasonsvic.net.au...
www.uglq.org.au...
www.masonicare.org.au...
www.freemasonrysaust.org.au...
www.freemasonswa.org.au...

It looks like all the Australian Grand Lodges were working to help after the floods there.

That took about 5 minutes of Google searching. I leave it to you to find if similar happened in Sri Lanka and Brazil, but I'd wager it did.

Edit: Or, in case you're too lazy, Let me Google that for you!
edit on 2011.2.4 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Any charity done by Freemasons appears only on their websites and never publicized in other news media, and why they only help other charities and never participate directly. It seems they do everything secretively and their charity work is only for creating favorable impression on potential new members.
Tony gothling BBC Ex-Radio Reporter says he was threatened with violence by freemasons, if he published anything about their work.

edit on 5/2/11 by vinay86 because: Blindfolding means, blinding you so that you will not see the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Charity is supposed to be selfless, not for personal gain or public relations. Sometimes our charity is done anonymously and other times the benefactors knows it was the Freemasons.

As for the video:

If he has the letter why doesn't he show it? I mean, the cats out of the bag, he's admitted on camera that he is being threatened. He could've shown the letter without showing who sent it. If he was threatened, it was from a rogue personality and not something sanctioned from the Masonic order itself. Other than his word, there is no evidence of any letter. Also, he was threatend to do no more pieces on Freemasonry or display the letter. Well, if he was truly scared why is he then doing another piece on Freemasonry? If he was truly scared he wouldn't appear in front of the camera again. If he is brave enough to do that, why is he scared to show the letter?

The gentleman is right, if Freemasonry were a secret society he would not have talked to the media. Nor would there be allowed to exist a center of study on them. Nor would so much about us be posted on the Internet.

We do not believe we are better than other people. Nowhere in our rituals, oaths, lectures, or charges do we say we are better than anyone else who is not a member.

The 33 degrees only pertains to the Scottish Rite which is just a branch. Then there is the York Rite and the Shriners. There are other appendant groups such as the Grotto, Tall Cedars, OES, Amaranth, and the White Shrine. To join these groups, a Master Mason must petition them.

We don't just take a candidate through the ceremony without explaining it to them. Even afterward, they have a coach to help them and explain things to them.

I do love the hypocritical statement of "Tim" who says we have secret ritual, but it is widely published. How is something considered secret if its published? I'll tell you, it's not.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Any charity done by Freemasons appears only on their websites and never publicized in other news media, and why they only help other charities and never participate directly. It seems they do everything secretively and their charity work is only for creating favorable impression on potential new members.
Your logic astounds me. If we don't publicize our charity work in the media, how could it possibly be an effective recruiting tool?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Charity does not means to only act whenever a natural calamity strikes, If freemasonry is a charity organization, than it should continually perform its duties by helping the poor and Impoverished, most of you guys are sitting in a rich developed nation, you can't really grasp the meaning of these words. I have worked with NGO's in the past in India, and i have seen people trying to survive by eating dirt.
I didn't know about any charity done by free masonic lodges to help poverty-stricken people here or in any other third world countries.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

We do have continuous charities, did you not pay attention to the various ones I posted earlier? I guess not.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I didn't know about any charity done by free masonic lodges to help poverty-stricken people here or in any other third world countries.

Are you kidding me? I answered the same arguement you made in another thread and you ignored it there. Try looking before you post.

This is from your own country of India. Once again:

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I asked the same question on my thread, that if freemasonry is a charitable organization than why it does not actively participate in charitable activities, it is a worldwide organization, it is here in India and i don't know of any charitable act done by them here...

Maybe if you spent a little time looking you would have found this from the Grand Lodge of India website.

All monies raised for charity are drawn from amongst Freemasons, their families and friends, while grants and donations are made to Masonic and non-Masonic charities alike. Widows and others in distressed circumstances are assisted by the provision of financial grants. In India too the Masonic Fraternity is involved in several charitable projects, all over the country. The General Williams Masonic Polyclinic at Janpath, New Delhi, Masonic Public School in Vasant Kunj, New Delhi, Amrit Masonic Charitable Society, Noida, Masonic Medical care centre for children in Coimbatore, as also the adoption of an entire village located in backward area in Bheemlipatnam in Visakhapatnam Distt and another village in Srikakulam District, for all round development in Health, Sanitation, Education & Housing. & Construction of Sheds for cyclone victims in Andhra Pradesh, awarding many Scholarships and Bursaries to deserving students, helping institutions for the handicapped and the aged, holding of periodical Blood donation camps, Eye camps and other Health Camps etc., are examples of some of the socially relevant activities of Masonic organisations all over the country.

edit on 5-2-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by driley

The Illuminati were founded by Adam Winesap as an ANTI-Jesuit organization.

Winesap? Are you sure it wasn't maybe...Winehouse?
Perhaps one of Amy's old relatives?

edit on 5-2-2011 by Alethea because: lol

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
On the matter of charities, my own lodge gives 2 or 3 scholarships each year to local high school seniors about to go to college. The students do not have to be related to Masons in any way, they just have to write an essay, and a committee awards the ones deemed best.

That scholarship fund, a separate bank account used ONLY for dispersing the scholarship monies, currently has more than twice as much money as the lodge's operating fund. In round terms, the lodge has around $50,000 and the scholarship fund has around $100,000.

Projections show that at our current rate of spending, if we didn't do anything to collect more money or change our budgets, we'd be out of money in about 3 years, whereas we have funds to continue to provide scholarships at our current rate for the next 22 years or more.

It isn't about publicity or recognition; it isn't about media attention or making Masons look good; it's about helping kids continue their educations when doing so might be more of a burden without our help.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Masons are a behind the scenes kind of people. I think we prefer not to parade ourselves around as perhaps the Knights Of Columbus may do or any other organization. My mentor told me that the only time you would see us in public is during a funeral. My mentor invited me to any masonic funerals and I declined, haha.
edit on 5-2-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Good point, on the funerals...

In fact, here's a good story... Chris Hodapp didn't really know anything about Masons. When his father-in-law died in Texas, he flew in for the funeral. Someone in the family knew the father-in-law had been a Mason, and thought they remembered that Masons had a special funeral service, so they looked up a local lodge in the yellowpages the night before the funeral, just on an off chance. The lodge secretary answered, and though the man who had died had not been active in Masonry since he'd retired and moved to Texas, the next day at the funeral, a full contingent of Masons were there in their aprons, giving a complete stranger, yet a brother, the send off befitting a Master Mason. That made such a strong impression on Hodapp that when he got home to Indianapolis, he joined a lodge, and 5 or 6 years later, wrote "Freemasonry for Dummies".

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
On the matter of charities, my own lodge gives 2 or 3 scholarships each year to local high school seniors about to go to college. The students do not have to be related to Masons in any way, they just have to write an essay, and a committee awards the ones deemed best.

We are doing something similiar in New Soprano...er Jersey. Each lodge has to select a local individual who is nominated for teacher of the year and support them in the process. We will then offer a scholarship for further education (Masters, PHD, etc.) for the recipient regardless of Masonic affiliation.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Winesap? Are you sure it wasn't maybe...Winehouse?

They would all need liver transplants if she was running the show. But, then again, if she were in charge they could just go down to the local FEMA market and pick out a 'willing' donor.

edit on 5-2-2011 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
Your logic astounds me. If we don't publicize our charity work in the media, how could it possibly be an effective recruiting tool?

You should ask this question to yourself, do you joined freemasonry after reading their advertisement in newspapers or any other news media. you got yourself recruited, because of your relative or you bumped into their site on the internet.
Freemasons do not want to publish anything about them, they don't want new members, they don't want public to know anything about them, you are fearing that they might ran out of money, if so why don't you ask your lodge to make itself known in the news media and ask for help there. Like real charities do.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

Vinay, I appreciate the fact that your contention with masonry is actually a real thing. Not like we worship aliens or anything. But it has been shown several times here, that yes, we do help others. No, we don't publicize it. That is the whole point of being charitable. To help others, not to seem like a nice guy because you gave a little to a charity. Some lodges are very wealthy and some are dirt poor. They are not all tied together. The ones that are dirt poor, still help others, but their charitable actions might seem very insignificant when compared to other lodges. But they still try to give back to the community in the best way they can. It's what we do. The argument you proposed is not true. We are not a corporation and we have no central structure. We do give charitable contributions to whomever we decide to give to, and we don't put it in the news. I hope you can understand that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join