It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange to face extradition hearing next month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I know the tragic shootings in Arizona is the most talked about news headline for this week, last not forget about the man who brought us WikiLeaks and the not so classified documents.

Personally every major governments and including the American gov overreacted on the not so secret classified documents.

Believe me if they were classified Assange will be long gone even without a court.

In this report it seems that Sweden again will try a extradition on Assange.

Any thoughts on this?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm simply unsure about the whole game being played out here... either in the courts or in the media..

I still sit on the fence, looking around and scratching my head...

ETA: there is to much about this that makes no sense, why he stayed in Britain etc, why he chose the media outlets he did.. why their media spin is not questioned.. etc.
edit on 11/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
it would seem that Mr. Assange would rather have this tried in the public media:

TextHis lawyers have “asked the court to make available to members of the press our skeleton argument, which we’ve had to produce in very short time,” Assange said outside of a London court following a hearing today. Mark Stephens, who represents Assange, said the arguments may be available as soon as this afternoon via his law firm’s website. The extradition hearing is scheduled to begin Feb. 7.

www.bloomberg.com...

he is such a media whore, always pandering to the spectacle of the media. think of the all faceless and nameless corroborators that continue the daily grind at the Wikileaks mill. They are the true Wikileaks and we don't even know who they are, at least not as a household name.

The arrest warrant was sought by Swedish prosecutor Marianne Ny, who started her investigation on Sept. 1, after another prosecutor dropped the rape charge and reduced the molestation charges.

what are the exact charges now? a condom broke and thus wikileaks was born, gimme a break..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i've just had the thought, based on my previous post that it works well to have julian assange out in front of the wikileaks organization, working as a point man, deflecting and absorbing the media attacks. he has the perfect personality for it and maybe he has even been subtly manipulated to that end by his business associates at wikileaks who were possibly turned off by his narcissistic character flaws and decided to have the man work for them. unbeknown to him or not. now that the attention is turned to this small sex scandal, even better for wikileaks to continue chugging along with its work.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bladdersweat
he is such a media whore, always pandering to the spectacle of the media. think of the all faceless and nameless corroborators that continue the daily grind at the Wikileaks mill. They are the true Wikileaks and we don't even know who they are, at least not as a household name.

And that is exactly how it should be. They can continue to work in the background while Assange is taking the heat.

For those of you who are following the case more closely, you can read the defense's argument against the extradition to Sweden here.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ufoeyes because: spelling

top topics

join