It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unstoppable tide hits Brisbane

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

The last person we saw with weird posts and others telling him to seek help ended up shooting a Congresswoman and killing 6 others....

Just saying....

also named loner

dun dun DUN...
edit on 11-1-2011 by DeadpoolPete because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
***News Headline***

Aust must brace for more deaths

Prime Minister Julia Gillard says Australians are scared as she warned the nation to prepare itself for more deaths following massive flash flooding in Queensland.

So far, eight people have been confirmed dead and another 72 are unaccounted for.

'The nation does need to brace itself for the fact that the death toll as a result of yesterday's flash flooding and walls of water is likely to rise,' Ms Gillard told reporters in Canberra.

Source ( with video ) - bigpondnews.com...

**News Headline 2**

Evacuations under way across Brisbane

The flood crisis has triggered evacuations in the heart of Brisbane, and to the north and west of the city.

Police on Tuesday told residents near the Brisbane River at West End, in the inner city, to move to higher ground, as well as residents in Strathpine and Caboolture, north of Brisbane.

Source: bigpondnews.com...
edit on 11-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by loner007

Maybe you were right, but you're LAUGHING???! That may be the single most deplorable thing I've ever read here on ATS, EVER! Wtf, man?

Damn... maybe there's not even anything wrong with being proud of yourself for making a prediction, but LAUGHING??? IMO, that makes you worse than the Jared Loughner.

Sheesh, I hope this puts you on some kind of ATS and government psycho watch list! I rarely lash out at people on here, but death is in no way funny. See how hard your laugh if something like this happens to you! I feel physically ill!

I hope ATS and the government is keeping their eyes on you. You sound like the next person we'll be hearing about on the news, and not for some accurate prediction, that millions of people have made over the years! Hell, my grandma has been telling me for years that such things will happen. She's not laughing.

*adds to ignore list*

edit on 1/11/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not replying to you loner - i do have to ask though, who is giving this guy star's??

Shame on you!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
maybe the laughing hyena will stop laughing if the financial impact comes and hits him in the face....
I read that the area that was flooded was a major food producer....
the economic toll is gonna be staggering I fear...and we are a global economy after all...
what effects one area, eventually will end up affecting the globe.

can't believe so much of australia is flooded like that...
I hope that they will find many of the missing, just so people can have a few happy stories to take the bite off of the sadness so many must be feeling.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye

Maybe you were right, but you're LAUGHING???! That may be the single most deplorable thing I've ever read here on ATS, EVER! Wtf, man?

Damn... maybe there's not even anything wrong with being proud of yourself for making a prediction, but LAUGHING??? IMO, that makes you worse than the Jared Loughner.

Sheesh, I hope this puts you on some kind of ATS and government psycho watch list! I rarely lash out at people on here, but death is in no way funny. See how hard your laugh if something like this happens to you! I feel physically ill!

I hope ATS and the government is keeping their eyes on you. You sound like the next person we'll be hearing about on the news, and not for some accurate prediction, that millions of people have made over the years!

LOL I dont have to do anything as mother nature is doing all the work. As i said read up on Gaia theory and you might understand why I am laughing at the situation. (I am not laughing about the loss of life though I really dont care about that) also as I said wxpect more of this on a world wide basis. If peopel cant read the signs whose fault is that if they die? simple analogy do you critise the person for laughing at the driver who died coz he failed to stop or do you critise the driver for failing to read the big red sign that says STOP especially when the word stop was shown well in advance
edit on 11/1/2011 by loner007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
I'm not replying to you loner - i do have to ask though, who is giving this guy star's??

Shame on you!

That I certainly can agree on..

My aunt live in the Brisbane area and I have no idea how she is (she is in he 70s) no one has heard from her since this all started.. So I am really grateful for your thread
My thoughts are with you all.. and I hope I can find a real way to help afterwards.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

I suppose you are Mr Perfect then. Never made a mistake, never did anything that was ill advised.
Moving on... It's heartbreaking to see the scenes on the TV. Homes and lives washed away. And lets not forget the livestock and the pets. Saw a little girl crying for her dog. Just one glimpse of the misery this disaster has caused.
Prayers are with all those affected.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
LOL I dont have to do anything as mother nature is doing all the work. As i said read up on Gaia theory and you might understand why I am laughing at the situation. (I am not laughing about the loss of life though I really dont care about that)

I'll let you into a little secret; you know how you don't really care about the loss of human life? well no one in this thread really cares about your warped opinions so be a good little camper and jog on.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

The times they are achangin' ... and the waters are rising in so many places. Time to rethink, plan and relocate some cities I suspect. Doesn't look like things are going to get better - just worse.

Excellent catch, supporting docs and vids. S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Nine News Australia - Update:

video.msn.com...:uuids:a5cbf61c-1730-4a83-9c3f-df09b45220cf&showPlaylist=true&from=news&fg=news^hom e

( sorry i have noticed the link dont copy/paste quite right. if you do wanna watch the footage just goto the link at the bottom this post and it's takes you to the video, story and images...)

Screams came from floating house

Frightening stories are emerging of the desperate struggle for life that played out in the devastated Queensland town of Grantham when flash floods hit yesterday afternoon.

The death toll from the flood catastrophe — the worst in 118 years — has tonight risen to 10, with 78 people still unaccounted for, after an 8m-high wall of water hit Toowoomba and surged down through the Lockyer Valle

Full source: news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I hope she is well
yeah i have tried to call and txt my cousin living in flood effected area's but i think the mobile/cell towers and exchanges are down in alot of area's and as such is hard for communication.

I hope she is ok

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
this is quite surprising, i have always thought Australia as a dry place especially on your summer time, are floods common on this time of year?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Unlike loner I do feel very sorry about the loss of life.

However I do think it's a good idea to check the flood plain maps before you buy a house, and it's probably not such a good idea to build or buy houses in flood plains.

When the Missisippi flooded years ago, some people had enough sense to not rebuild the homes that were in the flood prone areas. Perhaps the same thing will happen in the aftermath of this disaster, that people will choose to not rebuild homes in flood prone areas and instead build the replacement homes on higher ground. It's not such a bad idea.

For example:

hubpages.com...

Nine states were affected. Floodwater stretched from Memphis in the south to Minneapolis in the north covering 23 million acres. 48 people were killed.

· Some areas never recovered. The town of Valmeyer, Illinois, was abandoned after the floods and rebuilt on higher ground.
You have to admit it shows some intelligence to not rebuild the town in a flood prone area, but rebuild it on higher ground instead.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

I am sorry but i cant stop laughing. I said in other posts regarding mans affect on the climate that we will see extreme weather all over the world as the planet tries to get rid of its excess heat. read up on Gaia theory and you might understand.

Poor taste, considering the amount of people displaced, missing, and dead, and for what, to push some hokey New Age agenda?

Sick.

--------------

Havick, I'm not familiar with the weather patterns down under. Is this something that happens from time to time, or is this a pretty new thing?

My thoughts are going out to all of my friends down under. I hope you all get through this with life and property intact.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

reply to post by mamabeth

LOL as if no one saw this coming. If people havent the intellectual capacity to understand that if they build homes in places where flash floods and rising rivers have been known to be in that area then yes TOO DAMN RIGHT I AM LAUGHING

I thought Erad3 was banned and in jail. What's this sociopath doing here?

Australia reminds me of Texas. The people are fierce, like the folks here at home. My best wishes to those affected by this flood.
edit on 11-1-2011 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I hope she is well
yeah i have tried to call and txt my cousin living in flood effected area's but i think the mobile/cell towers and exchanges are down in alot of area's and as such is hard for communication.

I hope she is ok

I'm sure she will be, she has some really decent neighbours
you guys are :up; in my book.

and in this situation knowing the type of people she has around her (Australians) is a relief

I guess it is like New Years the networks are clogged up right now, I really hope you get through to your cousin soon.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by raivo

Yes and no i guess.

There were floods about 8 months ago in some of the now affected area's but this is much worse and the last time anything like this happened was 1974. However this is forecasted to be worse than that.

You are right in some regards, for the past 10 years there has been very bad droughts on most of the currently affected area's and his hit everyone including the Bearu of Meterology by suprise.

Link:

www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Try reading up on Karma.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join