It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by squandered
reply to post by questcequecest
Are you replying to the guy that recommended preparations to bar the northerners from coming down South to escape the calamity...? I'm sure there's 1 million spare beds in my city and the rural townships will be fighting to host their 'mates' from Queensland.
We wont care how much it costs us!
Originally posted by foxhoundone
OK, Lets take this as a SHTF happening scenario. Slightly of topic so apolz OP. When post Brisbane evacuees start leaving their suburbs and the mass migration of displaced souls starts moving your way to Victoria, Whats your survival plan, Hope you have made efforts to reinforce your home with extra wood and maybe steel sheets for glass doors, If you live near open civic land will it be requisitioned for displaced persons "temporary homes"
Also if you have access to a well make sure its well hidden and concealed, hide and lock any useful stuff that maybe of value to an evacuee, Sorry not trying to scare monger just making sure you got your survival head tuned in.. Good luck and stay posted..
Originally posted by Havick007
NSW feeling the effects of the floods:
1700 NSW residents cut off by floods
More than 1700 people are stranded in their homes by floodwaters in northern NSW, as river levels continue to rise.
The State Emergency Service (SES) says that the number of people cut off is expected to increase, as more rain falls on Tuesday.
Areas around Grafton, bordered by the Clarence River, are of most concern to the SES on Tuesday, spokesman Phil Campbell said.
'The Clarence River is probably the big problem for us today,' he said.
Source: bigpondnews.com...edit on 11-1-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)
Major search and rescue effort starts
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 » 01:09pm
Queensland Premier Anna Bligh says a major search and rescue effort will be launched to find 67 missing people in the Lockyer Valley as the state braces for further flooding.
The premier, flanked by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, described it as the 'worst natural disaster in our history'.
Ms Bligh said the number of dead remained at 10, with about 67 people still missing in the Lockyer Valley west of Brisbane, where flash flooding had caught many families by surprise.
*** News Update***
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 » 04:51pm
Gillard visits flood-hit Brisbane
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has warned of darker days ahead in flood-hit southern Queensland.
As the Queensland flood death toll hit 12, Ms Gillard spent Wednesday in briefings with emergency officials and visited flood-hit residents who had evacuated to a centre at the Brisbane showgrounds.
A total of 67 people remained missing in flash floods west of Brisbane on Wednesday afternoon, and residents of 20,000 Brisbane properties in more than 50 suburbs were awaiting some level of flooding as the Brisbane River neared an expected peak of 5.5 metres early on Thursday.
Originally posted by coffeesniffer
reply to post by loner007
Try reading up on Karma.
Originally posted by Tayesin
Photos sent in to 9MSN.. 196 so far so it takes a while to see them all.
Someone said this is Queensland's "Katrina", and in these photos it does seem like it.