It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone please have a go at interpreting this long crazy dream i just awoke from

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Some background, I have a lot of nightmares but they are usually quite disjointed and fuzzy and don't really have a "story", the one I just had was incredibly detailed, in full colour and I woke up from it a number of times and went straight back into it again as soon as I fell back to sleep, that has never really happened before with any dream I've had.

There were so many details that part of the reason I'm writing this is just so I have a record before I forget them.

I was in my living room with my girlfriend and we started having a huge argument about her job until it got to the point where I said "Ok thats it I'm leaving" and I put on my coat and went outside, I knew even in the dream that I wasn't actually leaving and that I was probably going to go out and but her a gift

I stepped outside the house I found that rather then being in London I was in a very strange medieval looking city, it was all made from large Grey stones, the buildings, the roads and there was a dock set right in the middle, in front of me was a market with run down looking wooden stalls filled with food and antiques and things.

Somehow I went to an ATM (cash machine) that was perfectly normal and got £40 out of it,
Returning to the market I started buying things, I looked at one of the food stalls and all that was available was whole chicks still with the head and legs that were either deep fried or boiled, I refused them.
I found a stall that was full of old military things and explained to the guy running it that my Grandad was in the Naval hospital in town and that's why I was there, I bought LOADS of things but each thing costs only a penny or less and I bought stuff until I couldn't carry any more
Then suddenly e bell rang and the whole town stopped and we all walked towards the dock where they started having a recreation of a ww2 air battle but with tiny miniature model planes and rockets

I went back to the house and started giving things to my girlfriend, some of the things I can remember were a wooden box full of brass movable printing type faces but all of them had the same picture of a monkey on and a really impressive military jacket that was covered in spotted feathers, In total there were about 50 things but my memory of what they were is starting to fade.

We then heard a noise and we found that the land lord of the place we were staying in was shoving his hand through the cat flap on the door and trying to get in to steal everything
It wasn't funny in the dream though.

My girlfriend and I went outside together and for some reason everyone outside decided that sh was the reincarnation of some kind of Goddess, they presented her with a little book full of clear plastic disks and told us that each disk was worth a HUGE amount of money. My girlfriend took us to a jewellery shop but once inside the landlord came to us and said we had to fight him as was traditional but at that point I showed him a board game that was on one of the shop shelves and he just sat down and started trying to work out the rules while I went to buy tons of diamonds and sapphires.

Thats all I can remember of it really although I'm sure there was much more detail then that. I know it sounds like some sort of amateur fiction, but it was all in the dream.

Does anyone want to have a go at making some kind of sense of the jumble of nonsense for me?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
sorry im not able to interpret all that for ya.. i just wanna know, you said, "in full color". ok i always have full colored dreams and was wanting to know, do you notice the dream is not full color while in the dream? reason i ask is maybe i have had a mono colored dream but never noticed it was? sorry im no help for your question im just curious about mine and cant make a thread

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
it could mean hang on to your girlfriend, she's special and worth keeping around. everything else seems like randomness but idk

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

I dont really notice if the others are or not, I just remember this on being REALLY vivid and life like

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

By any chance did you eat ice cream or a load of dairy product before going to bed? I usually have this type of dream after eating dairy before retiring to sleep. Maybe your mind was doing a "data dump" to clear itself? LOL, sounds goofy I know but it could happen!! LOL

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I have been sleeping really badly for the last week or so, Im an insomniac at the best of times. No dairy though

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Reply to post by davespanners

alright got ya.... im with iSHRED on the interpretation of your girlfriend, that and maybe a little finacial issue thats stressing you out? the rest... idk. all in all great read, crazy dream, to bad we dont have the technology to record dreams to review them.... i have another Question. whats your interpretation of your dream?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

At first, I thought it was a time slip into a past life but it seems the dream is a metaphor for your relationship. "Walking out" on her led to the medieval period - a life of desperation, isolation and emptiness. In other words, what life might be like without her.

Then, the World War II reference. It was a battle, a conflict that lead to peace. Not sure if you are experience relationship problems, but whatever happens - the dream is suggesting it will be OK in the end. No matter how tough and difficult your current situation is.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
hmmm after marriage and divorce my guess is you have to pay one huge alimony.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thats a very interesting thought! Thank you

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
way i see it is your gf is very important to you the way ur sub-con treated her like a goddess confirms this .and maybe its your sub-con telling you this maybe you have been taking her for granted .i see the rest of the dream as little or no importance

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Well, here's my initial reaction. The dream is about your fear of loosing your girlfriend, afraid that she will leave you, maybe on some level you feel she's too good for you or too good to be true (a goddess).

You walk out, but know you won't leave her, even buy her a gift (buy her love? bribe her to stay with you?)

Popular symbolism for the chicken is vigilance and betrayal, something you see in your dream but choose to not take on. (maybe your fear of loosing g/f, but realizing the fear is not based in reality and you have a choice to stop worrying?)

In the dream, you have "everything" - food, shelter, love, money, material things, family - but are not aware of it, still wanting/buying more, more, more. (does this mirror anything in your waking life?)

When the bell rang, you became part of a group, no longer wandering alone in the city. You watched a war re-enactment, you didn't take part in a battle or witness the real thing. (do you fight with your g/f about trivial things?)

You shower your g/f with all sorts of gifts, then there is the jewelry shop. Monkey symbolises agility and playfulness.

I hate to be pedestrian, but it sounds to me like the underlying message here is your feelings about your relationship. Afraid to commit because you fear abandonment by the women you love. Or something like that. :-)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ns9504

Thanks for that detailed interpretation.
A few of the things you said seem spot on, the "buying things" bit is very much the other way round in the relationship though with me hardly ever buying a thing and my gf constantly shopping

The commitment thing. Gaahhh! thats what she's always saying!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It seems there are so many money/material related symbols in your dream..... Are you worrying about money or financial situation???

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

Indeed I am, money is tight at the moment, very tight

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Greetings to you, davespanners. that was one hell of a dream! It has been my experience that the dimensions are crossing in some places. I think this is what you experienced in the "dream." I too have "woken up" in another place and time. A few nights ago, I found myself in a very large spacecraft of some kind. It was huge, and I was like standing on the lower "deck,'" looking up and to the sides and the immense size and scope of this thing. I could hear a humming sound, and every so ofter a slight lurch. Now I often astral travel, but on that night I had worked all day trying to fix an infernal Dell laptop and was completely worn out. I even turned down the wife's offer of sex, which is very unusual for me.

I have also "dreamed" of being in a big battle of the American Civil War. I can hear gunfire, and the smoke actually burns my eyes. Then a cannon fires, and I wake up in a cold sweat.

I had a really bad car wreck when I was 17, I wrapped a Pontiac around an oak tree doing 90 miles an hour. I dream sometimes that i am there again, in that twisted car, I can feel the blood on my face again, and hear the steam and crackling metal as it cools.

You are not alone, and don't freak out yet. Try this: Before bed, look at your right hand, hold it before your eyes and say, out loud, "I will look at my right hand while dreaming. You can use the left hand too. If you are within a dream, and happen to see your hand, you will wake up to a point where you can control the dream. Try this, and see if it works for you

top topics

join