It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Inland Tsunami" Police urge central Brisbane evacuation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

BRISBANE, Australia: Australia suffered an "inland tsunami" as flash floods killed nine and left 66 missing, and the city of Brisbane was braced for disaster Tuesday with 6,500 properties under threat.

A sombre Prime Minister Julia Gillard, dressed in black, warned the country to prepare for more deaths after the flash floods smashed the mountainside town of Toowoomba, sweeping away cars and entire houses.

"Yesterday we saw some simply shocking events in Toowoomba and other communities in the Lockyer Valley, literally walls of water smashing into cars and into buildings," Gillard said.

"We have seen very dramatic images of cars tossed around, people on roofs of houses and on the roofs of cars and people literally hanging on for dear life to trees and to signposts."

Queensland state premier Anna Bligh said the toll would rise "potentially quite dramatically", with families among those missing and rescue efforts hampered by heavy rain and washed-away roads.

"Mother Nature has delivered something terrible in the last 48 hours but there's more to go and our emergency people are more than up to that task," said Bligh.

"This is going to be I think a very grim day, particularly for the people in that region, and a desperate hour here in Queensland."

Twenty people have now died in flooding across Australia's northeastern coal-mining and farming zone after weeks of rain blamed on the La Nina weather system, which has also dumped heavy snow on the northern United States.

Full News here:

Source

it has rained steadily at rates of 80mm per hour since at least monday 12noon.they are expecting flood levels which were at 6.5 metres yesterday, (and which rose to 12.8 metres in an hour!) to peak somewhere in the region of -21+ metres by midnight tuesday! One place even registered 94mm in a single hour!
For all you imperial people, thats roughly 3.5 inches an hour over a vast area.I cant even imagine that sort of rainfall.
I think that depending on the populations in the area, ( I dont honestly know,I will look at the map) they may have to evacuate thousands if this keeps up.I think inner city brisbane is allready flooded, and townships in lower lying areas,(the brisbane valley I think) are preparing themselves to leave the area.
This is allready a disaster of EPIC proportions, and at least 8 people have died.There are at least 66 people unaccounted for and that toll is expected to rise dramaticly.Its really a terrible thing.I was thinking how when they had their floods in pakistan, all those people, 99% poor, that had been affected, how I didnt really "feel" for them, as if they were out of sight, out of mind.Somwhere else in the world.Somebody elses problem, but my eyes woke up my heart when I saw the levels of rain queensland is recieving.At least one entire township was nearly entirely washed away.
It is certainly crazy stuff, and the few rescues I have read about, have ALL been life and death rescues.None of this,Oh, Im just gonna sit on my car and wait stuff.But Shear hanging on to the roof for dear life as the car is washed away, while people desparatly try to throw out a lifeline kind of stuff.
UNREAL.

Quoted source.

I feel really sorry for you all. This is incredible.

edit on 11-1-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I send my prayers to everyone there.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It is very much with sadness an concern that I write this post. I feel quite sorry for the Queensland public.
There may have been the use of Ionospheric heaters such as HAARP and Exmouth, used on the Jet stream, which sits at altitudes of 60-70km above earth's surface. This is done by beaming Low Frequency Sound such as ELF, ULF, and VLF at high energy levels into high altitudes in the Ionosphere and Magnetosphere, disrupting the Jet Stream and Van Allen magnetic belts that surround earth. This results in creating areas of high and low pressure at levels where the jet stream passes and moves along this new path.
There is evidence of animals also feeling the effects in recent weeks of Low frequency sound which has disrupted the migration path of birds, Arkansas; there has been black birds fall from the sky. New Zealand dead fish and crabs was up on the beaches. Brazil and China with fish washing up on beaches or dying strangely in fish farms.
Plus 2 quite large earthquakes Chile 7.1 focal depth 21.5 km or 15.6 miles and a 6.4 magnitude quake in Vanuatu at a focal depth 32.8 km or 20.4 miles, there as also been many scientific studies and data in relation to ULF, VLF, and ELF changes before and during shallow seismic events less than 40 km deep. This has much to do with "Gyro-Harmonics".
These floods of biblical proportions seem to be mimicking the floods of Genesis, much like the floods that occurred in Pakistan late 2010, where a stalled Jet Stream was blamed.
This was also done in the mid west USA in 1993, at an altitude of 1.9 miles above earth, there is a section of stored earth water stored as water vapor, equivalent to the Amazon river, these are 420 - 480 miles wide and nearly 5,000 miles long. There are 5 of these atmospheric rivers in each hemisphere. You could create a massive destructive flood by damming one of these massive vapor rivers. VLF transmitters where used in Missouri through to Mississippi in 1993 and switched on and off for 40 days and 40 nights. The flooding rivers cost $12-15 billion dollars in agricultural losses alone.
There are many patents for weather modification many by Bernard J Eastlund once owned by APTI, but over the years sold to Raytheon, the USA's largest weapons and military supplier
Having visited Brisbane again in mid December 2010, I could not help but notice the amount of chemtrails in the sky that where sprayed in the morning, and stay and spread into clouds over the day (there was only 2 fine days while we stayed, which was even strange for us, having stayed in QLD many times before). By using barium or silica gel nano particles at high altitudes can influence the action of weather. Reading "Owning the Weather by 2025" a US Air Force Document presented in 1996.
US Patents 5,041,834 and US 6,315,213 and US 3,899,144, these are only papers that scratch the surface of this topic. There is no way I can cover all of the information is such a small blog, but read up on this subject, as it is so important for every persons future. Ask questions, demand answers.
Thanks for reading.
My thoughts go out to all the Queensland Public, who has been affected by this disaster.
edit on 11-1-2011 by nix411 because: Interest Topic

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It is trajic but please check your source..
Lastest report is 10 dead, not 20..
And constant rains of 80mm per hour????

It is a shocking situation but sites like that are simply spouting crap...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
These floods are now starting to take its toll. You can imagine what Brisbane will look like in a few days and these floods will devastate this region just like the other towns that have been affected now people in the brisbane reason will be forced to suffer in this terrible flood crisis. It's a terrible throught hopefully there are no deaths in the brisbane region however, there is a chance there could be.The floods seems to be hitting every region in the queensland region. I hope the flooding just stops and doesn't affect other towns.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Residents flee as water rises

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
and still all experts who come forward joking about that everything is normal at the moment and that things happen often were not able to inform , predict and save lives..shame on you experts they are supposed to have nice sunny weather over there and people are dying ....if you do not know what the hell is going on just dont come forward shutting mouths of whom realizes that no THE WORLD AINT NORMAL ANYMORE...SOMETHING IS IN FACT EFFECTING OUR PLANET!!!!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

So you don't feel the need to correct an obviously incorrect source??

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

I dont know what a "normal world" is, but every year we have to see sad things happening with people.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

This is not a source, its a QUOTE of a person that lives there. Looks like you even not read the source I linked.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

This is not a source, its a QUOTE of a person that lives there. Looks like you even not read the source I linked.

I read the source you linked..
It's incorrect and a vast exaggeration..
Please rectify..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Why are you asking me to rectify a news that was not me who wrote?I reported. If you have the correct information, please link here.

Source

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RUSSO

Why are you asking me to rectify a news that was not me who wrote?I reported. If you have the correct information, please link here.

Source

OK..

Ten die in Qld floods, 78 missing

news.ninemsn.com.au...
That's the LATEST news here in Australia..
Note 10, not 20...

Rainfall varies across the state but NOWHERE has it been a constant 80mm/hour as your Asian source suggests..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Actually if you could read, you would note the death toll, IS 20. The flooding has been happening in Queensland for some weeks, and that is the total, including the 10 you mentioned. Re-read the first post and maybe you might learn something.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Dragon12 because: info slightly changed

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I know two people currently being evacuated from Brisbane and one in Toowoomba - it's horrendous, and if the Wivenhoe dam fails then it's going to get a lot worse.

Thoughts go out to our Aussie neighbours at this awful time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Regardless of death toll, theres just so much devastation occurring. Australia is getting its arse kicked hard by these rains, but isn't it supposed to be summer??? Why is Australia experiencing so much rainfall? All that I hear is "more rain headed" or "rain expected to continue" but no information as to what could be causing it other than a "freakish storm system". Like sometimes meteorologists will claim something like i dont know...hotter water temps or change in the jet stream or something, you know? its just unrelenting right now. I thought the initial flooding in QL was bad enough, but it just keeps getting worse, and doesnt look to be getting any milder.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
www.couriermail.com.au...

Local Brisbane Newspaper

Heaps of info there.

I have never seen anything like this.

MM

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Dragon12

and this?

it has rained steadily at rates of 80mm per hour since at least monday 12noon

That's almost 2000mm a day...

Can't we stick to facts?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
asperetty,

You dont watch the weather reports do you?

edit on 11-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by asperetty
Regardless of death toll, theres just so much devastation occurring. Australia is getting its arse kicked hard by these rains, but isn't it supposed to be summer??? Why is Australia experiencing so much rainfall? All that I hear is "more rain headed" or "rain expected to continue" but no information as to what could be causing it other than a "freakish storm system". Like sometimes meteorologists will claim something like i dont know...hotter water temps or change in the jet stream or something, you know? its just unrelenting right now. I thought the initial flooding in QL was bad enough, but it just keeps getting worse, and doesnt look to be getting any milder.

Queensland is in the tropics..
This IS their rainy season..
These rains are excessive but in no way unusual...

new topics

<<   2 >>

join