It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new addition to ATS store

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yes. I like that as an added bonus to a members Purchase of the right to award applause points.

Although I would make the point number lower, say 50 or so. Because you could end up with some members taking points away simply because they disagree with the content of the post. One mans idiocy is another mans treasure you could say.

But I understand what you mean with the idiotic posts. There's a difference between saying purely nothing with the purpose of obtaining more and more points (although I think the moderators have a good handle on this already, but it would be fun if we, as members could have that mini-status) and disagreeing on a thread on a given topic and having someone accuse you of posting idiocy, and I think the seasoned poster (whose earned the points necessary to buy the privilege) wil know the difference and play fair with it.

I think a contingency plan could be implemented to this purchase that if you abused it, you lose it. That should automatically stop any abuse of the privilege.

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You would have to implement a limit, then I think it would be great. Members would have the right to applaude a certain number of quality members a month, if they have the points. Good idea KayEm

new topics

<< 1   >>

join