It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible new addition to ATS store

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I was thinking how cool it would be if a member could "buy" the privilege to grant applause to another member who they consider to have posted an incomparable post ?

I was just thinking that it would be a nice new addition to the ATS store.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'd buy one for you for this maverlous suggestion... its a puty they havent implemented yet... sorry kayem

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:21 AM
link   
That would be nice but I only see myself trading applauses with my TWS possy and other allies.

Id abuse the system and Id be the first to admit it.

If people were responsible then Id say yes this could work, but sadly were all irrational fools

Edit: WHY ISNT THAT DANCING!!!?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   
KayEm this has been a question on my mind for months, but only now do I remember to ask it, wtf is up with your avatars head/hair?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yeah I was wondering that too but I didnt think to ask here.

Thats the Alpha for you.

Remember to vote 47 for Omega ruler of BTS.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
KayEm this has been a question on my mind for months, but only now do I remember to ask it, wtf is up with your avatars head/hair?

ROFLMAO !!!!!

To answer, Pisky has been messing with the brightness of the image, which makes it look like KayEm is wearing a freaking wig.
(which she probably IS, since the actresses hair is in reality blonde, but then I never would have used her as an avatar lol, since I am not blonde)

I don't think my idea would be abused at all. That's why I thought it would be a good idea to charge a fair sum in points. That way you are gauranteed to have mostly those who have participated and contributed to this great place (and hence, proved themselves to a certain degree to be good ATS/BTSers).

In other words, those who want this honourable privilege will have to work for, in other words, earn it.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   
You know what Kayem, I had thought about somethign similar a while ago.
Also, I had asked before if users could give points to other users, but the administration didn't seemed to like the idea.

But being able to applaud other users would be cool too. Sometime just saying "Great post dude!!!" doesn't seem enough.

The user could receive the same 250 points, and the points could be taken off our own points, so that would make another use for the points.
(because frankly, I don't use mine much)

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
The user could receive the same 250 points, and the points could be taken off our own points, so that would make another use for the points.
(because frankly, I don't use mine much)

That would certainly prevent any misuse of the system.

The Wraith, m0rbid? I'm still waiting for Hell's Pit to be released. Those guys are such slackers.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I even thought about this too, but when i suggest things, it always ends up going tits up lol Good idea though

how about different skins for the forum?, the grey makes me sad

[edit on 9-7-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   
thats why you people have a vote button. its a way of showing your appreciation for the quality posts someone puts on this board.

since we as staff cannot vote we have the applaud button. both have the same effect basically.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:18 AM
link   
But there are only 3 applause. Sometime there is a bunch of excellent post that deserve applause. Could we buy extra applause to give good content the reward it deserves?

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Aswell as T.W.A.T.S, i think we should have a post of the month as well. The top three posts should be recongised.

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
[edit on 2004-7-10 by Teknik]

posted on Jul, 9 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
well that would be nice but then people like pisky who everyone likes would get all the applause even when it isnt deserved even tohugh he usually deserves applause for his story. but if you really like someones post give them a way above vote.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well that would be nice but then people like pisky who everyone likes would get all the applause even when it isnt deserved even tohugh he usually deserves applause for his story.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, MGJ, but I merely do the will of the pixies

Actually, I think the idea is a good one, but in order to avoid abuse of the system maybe the reward for receiving applause from members could be a bit smaller than fron Mod applause ... maybe 50 points ?

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
But there are only 3 applause. Sometime there is a bunch of excellent post that deserve applause. Could we buy extra applause to give good content the reward it deserves?

To answer your first part i would choose between the bunch of good posts. Secondly buying applauses sounds good but who knows.

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by drunk]

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I agree with this idea. I've seen a lot of threads that I enjoy and would have given applause to if I could have done so. Yes, I know I can vote for the Way Above Award, but thats for a person rather than a particular thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
well that would be nice but then people like pisky who everyone likes would get all the applause even when it isnt deserved even tohugh he usually deserves applause for his story.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, MGJ, but I merely do the will of the pixies

[Edited on 10-7-2004 by Pisky]

yea pisky im a convert............................ as long as i can be a god.

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Some fine tuning of my original idea:

I don't think the points should be taken off our own tally. For the simple fact that to "buy" this privilege with our points would be costly in the first place (in order to ensure that well contributing posters and longer time members who have proven themselves have this privilege).

Also, the amount of points rewarded should be less then what the moderators award for applause, say 50 or 100 points ( Moderator points should be worth more because they have seniority and therefore more life experience with ATS and have earned the right to reward more points)

posted on Jul, 10 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Would it also be fair to say that members who post idiocity lose points if another member chooses? Both ideas would ensure only quality posts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join