It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green 'Ark' could house 10,000 -- and looks like a Slinky!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This is very cool. I can imagine this might just be the way we will be living soon.

www.cnn.com...

Could a floating dome that can house up to 10,000 people be a model for future living?

Russian architect Alexander Remizov thinks so -- and his prototype design, called "The Ark," bears more than a passing resemblance to the classic children's toy, the Slinky.

Remizov believes his Ark, designed to be constructed from timber, steel and high-strength ETFE plastic, could be adapted for all kinds of environments and put to a number of different uses, including emergency housing -- its prefabricated structure should allow it to be constructed quickly -- and hotels. He's even suggested a variation with a honeycomb-style hull that can float.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I want one! I would live in this thing, it would be nice to have something like this that you could live in and all work together to provide a good quality of life and onces that aren't helping or start doing things wrong would be kicked off to live int he decaying world that we call america again

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If we built one to live in with no government and natural food, im sure someone would bomb us or take us over

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
THATS
FREAKIN
TIGHT!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
It's a fun and wonderful house. It's fun for a girl and a boy!

That is weird looking... I like!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
One word...

Tsunami

Another word...

Prison...

Another word...

Captured sales market.

Korg.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Ever seen that movie Waterworld??

No way would I voluntarily get on a floating prison with a bunch of people I couldnt get away from...... unless I threw them overboard.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
that is really really cool,, great find ..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by alysha.angel
that is really really cool,, great find ..

~So cool that all internet usage would go through a single conduit and your life be nothing more than number... I wonder how many people would be applying for the only abundant job available.... Deck Swabber.....

Korg.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

No way would I voluntarily get on a floating prison with a bunch of people I couldnt get away from...... unless I threw them overboard.

I thought about that movie too. I saw the picture of it on Yahoo yesterday. I think I would probably be more concerned about getting sea sick.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

Originally posted by Advantage

I thought about that movie too. I saw the picture of it on Yahoo yesterday. I think I would probably be more concerned about getting sea sick.

Don't you mean catching swine flue from the family 5 floors up because of the air con???

Korg.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great idea, but I'm just not about the waters around here, perhaps a little to bumpy for such a thing to be happy on the waters, and I guess the waters around here are quite chilled compared to some places in the world.. Imagine doing a 360degree spin in it

Apart from that I'd prefer a "personal" use one.. sail it around, dock with friends, sail to work, then sail into the sunset looking for a decent pub..
now that's more my cup of tea

ETA: Then I get to call myself "Captain"

edit on 11/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great ideal,
Just picture how ten or twenty of these around Port au Prince, Haiti could help house the people and aid in the stability of the country. remember they don't need to be as elaborate or high tech. The large wind turbine at the top would supply power and a proper black/gray water system could be built next to it until the more advanced systems for recovery can be built / afforded.
edit on 11-1-2011 by palg1 because: !

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I would like to test said structure against hurricanes and tornadoes as well..and fire.

I don't trust the structure by the way it looks....it looks flimsy..

I would rather go with Dome homes.

www.monolithic.com...

Read up on them and you will see why I like them so much.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
WoW thats one big gas chamber

I prefer EarthShips

edit on 11/1/11 by Whateva69 because: fixed link

top topics

join