It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the post about getting rid of the second amendment and the constitution a fishing operation?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is so outrageous I have to ask.

**********From TheSkinripper**********

I hope after the last few days events that even the most primitive of American people can now appreciate that
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!

Americans have shown the world that they cannot and will NEVER be able to behave responsibly with a GUN in hand.

Massacres at schools, shopping malls and Universities is common place and NOW the assassination attempt of a government official.

This would be so much harder to accomplish if the Government would just BAN GUNS.

The American people do not need them even for protection. Protection from who? The average American has no serious enemy.

Gun need to be BANNED and it looks like that day is coming. Good. I do not care how people on here think about that but with the anti-government feel to this site it proves that it only takes one or two bad eggs to spoil the party. So the easiest way is to BAN the deadly weapon.

As an added measure after the shooting of that poor congress woman who was only doing her job, I think the US constitution should be suspended till the ban of GUNS has been put into effect.

The Bill of Rights needs to be torn up and replaced with something more upto date. The right to bare arms is now outdated and will only serve to put fire in the bellies of those do not like the way the system works. Instead of improving their lives they turn to GUNS as their way to solve their pathetic lives. The Bill of Rights is too old to mean anything now-a-days and needs to be looked at before the US turn into an anarchist state.

Ban GUNS and terminate the current Bill of rights in favor of something more realistic.

PS I know a lot of you will be giving it the mouth in reply but shootings in America need to STOP. And trying to kill a government official is just plain WRONG!!! The average american has no formal training with a weapon and has no formal pass mark to achieve. If you look at driving you need to pass a test and get a license.

Americans will always resort to shooting people. Its in their nature. Anyone who does not agree with the BANNING of GUNS needs to be considered as someone who POTENTIALLY will one day do harm to someone. I

A new "extremist" law needs to be introduce for gun ownership.

And especially this part, a reply by TheSkinripper:

I understand that guns were protection from tyranny of government. But government now is not what it was 100 years ago.

And a civil war....Who cares. The Government would win and things would be righted. Americans killing Americans is all to common now. Something needs to be done. The Government needs to flex some muscle and put the citizens in its place. Take away their weapons.

Cold dead hands? Honestly, I do hope so. If you wish to act like a criminal then you should be treated like one.
edit on 11-1-2011 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

fishing with a FLAME THROWER. i would say

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I wouldn't really worry about this, the right wing gun lobby is sure to squash any idea of any kind of gun control in short order. People could get blown away left and right and the gun lobby will do everything in it's power to make sure that the American public thinks that guns are the best things ever invented.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Don't you own a gun?

Let's not throw stones in glass houses.

I've seen you say some seriously scary things since I joined.
But this is just hypocritical.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Lunatic Pandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

SkinRipper was a naughty little boy who from his intro opening post was a liar and a role player who claimed to be a diagnosed psychopath, I think we can safely regard any of his efforts as role play shenanigans, I doubt any official fishing operation, he wasn't anywhere near the calibre of intellect to be an agent.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think that we should NOT underestimate the power of those with claims! Our lives are based on those that can show and prove, and he showed he can move a crowd to insanity. Hes very good at whatever his intent was, and hopefully many will see that.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunatic Pandora

There's a big difference between owning a gun and being so obsessed with gun ownership it borders on a fetish.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I think people who are "obsessed" with gun ownership are simply worried that every tragedy and shooting bring up new calls for their rights to be removed.

What one calls "gun nuts" are more REASONABLY called folks who are worried their rights are going to be trampled because of political opportunists capitalizing on whatever tragedy they can to push through knee jerk reactionary regulations on everyone who didn't have anything to do with whatever situation prompted the calls for more gun control.

Then there are those who's hobby revolves around guns. Are they just fetishists? Or are they closer to stamp collectors? I agree that there may be folks out there who certainly fetishize guns, but that stereotype is not representative of the VAST majority of gun owners.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

A fishing operation? I sincerely doubt it. The OP in question is more than likely a case of somebody having the poor taste to try and hijack a tragedy as a means of furthering their own interests. It could also be a case of someone engaging in hyperbole to reap the cyber popularity that they perceived might come along with such statements.

I will, for the sake of decorum, choose to simply assume that the OP of that thread is simply engaging in discourse and posted those statements as a means of inciting the flow of debate.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
He is no longer with us.

if he was fishing he didnt have hooks.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I think that thread was written well before the tragedy in Tucson.

Non-the-less the thread itself was written by someone who wasn't even from here(US) if I remember correctly. The guy seemed to be trolling to get a rise out of people knowing Americans would get all "up in arms"

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

...What one calls "gun nuts" are more REASONABLY called folks who are worried their rights are going to be trampled because of political opportunists capitalizing on whatever tragedy they can to push through knee jerk reactionary regulations on everyone who didn't have anything to do with whatever situation prompted the calls for more gun control.....

Yes especially when it was a set-up by the elite from the get go.

The bleeding heart liberals, the favorite pawns of the elite, got laws passed so the Mentally ill were taken out of hospitals and turned loose on the street. They were SUPPOSED to be treated at "half-way" houses but the funding got cut and now nothing can be done if they refuse to take their medication.

End result is a sharp increase in the number of street people and a sharp increase in prison inmates. According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 20 to 25% of the homeless population in the United States suffers from some form of severe mental illness. Incarceration Rate GRAPH

In the same time frame (the seventies) the bleeding heart liberals gave us desegregation busing. Instead of increasing the education of blacks, it decreased the education nationwide and allowed young drug pushers fresh new territory.

End result is a sharp increase in the number of drug related arrests.

No I am not blowing smoke
Drug related deaths from 1981 to 1989 GRAPH shows the sharp increase in coc aine related deaths.

This graph is a REAL EYE OPENER Homicide Rates in the United States 1900-1990

Distribution (Percentage) of All Drug Arrests Since 1941 by Decade

Of course theses two bleeding heart causes will NEVER be shown as the real cause of the death of Congressman Gifford. OH no it has to be GUNS!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
What I find most disturbing is that this guy seems to have been banned for controversial posting.

God forbid you suggest Americans don't need guns.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

No the fetishists don't represent the majority of gun owners. I don't believe that most gun owners are obsessed with guns or have gone off the deep end, getting lifelong memberships into the NRA, and screaming bloody murder every time someone even looks at the idea of gun control legislation.

But there are those people out there who are absolutely and completely and unhealthily obsessed with guns, and they like the radical right have dominated the narrative of the country for a long time as it's concerned with gun ownership.

And every time someone even comes close to saying anything about gun control these are the first people to go absolutely insane and start freaking out.

Big difference between rational reasonable responsible gun ownership and the radical right gun lobby.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Banned for controversial posts? Please! There are at least two of us, in THIS thread, with substantial posting histories who wouldn't have lasted a week if ATS banned based on controversy.

Violating T&C gets folks banned, opinions or political positions do not.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

"Radical Right" gun lobby? So being an NRA member makes you a radical?

You see this is why people get nervous over gun control. People who make statements
like this and are in a position of power scare the hell out of people like me when you paint
NRA members as extremists or, using your words "Radical".

Not to mention that the worlds most heinous crimes against humanity were all preceded by
gun control measures. Like Hitler's abuse of gun registries to confiscate guns from Jews...

There are TONS of examples of what happens when you disarm or restrict the right of the people to
keep and bear arms. I use history as my guide to understanding why ownership, FREE ownership of firearms is so crucial to our system of ordered liberty, not political cues from reactionaries and those who seek to paint anyone concerned with the second amendment rights as "radicals'.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Lunatic Pandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I followed that particular thread with interest but somehow missed any infraction.

Which of the T&C's did he break exactly?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Whoa stomach,don't hurl over this post!
I couldn't stomach reading the entire opening
post.
I am a gun owner and a member of the USCCA!
People who want gun control don't realize who
they will be disarming.They would be disarming
the law abiding citizens,the criminals will still be
armed.
That really shows a lot of intelligence!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
ATTENTION:

The Subject of the thread is quite clear.
The reasons for the banning of the OP in
question are not part of the topic.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join