It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody else on the Space Coast , FL seeing this giant bird??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
For about a week now, my family and I have witnessed a brown bird about...geez...it's got to be about 3ft + tall. I thought maybe a buzzard...but it's head looks like a bald eagle but brown??

It's it wings span is HUGE. It's about 6-7 feet when spread out. We have bald eagles, but like i've said, it has a brown hawk-like head.

I'm going out tomorrow to find it and take a picture if I can. It's been flying around in the Port St John area on US1. If you live around that area, keep your eye out.

Have any idea what kind of bird this is?? I don't think hawks in Florida get this big?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mishmallow8

Is it a juvenile Bald Eagle? They are HUGE and solid brown until they reach sexual maturity. Check out this pic

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Most likely a Golden Eagle. They have been found throughout FL.
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 11-1-2011 by CaptSplatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It doesn't have a lime green beak does it??

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishmallow8
For about a week now, my family and I have witnessed a brown bird about...geez...it's got to be about 3ft + tall. I thought maybe a buzzard...but it's head looks like a bald eagle but brown??

It's it wings span is HUGE. It's about 6-7 feet when spread out. We have bald eagles, but like i've said, it has a brown hawk-like head.

I'm going out tomorrow to find it and take a picture if I can. It's been flying around in the Port St John area on US1. If you live around that area, keep your eye out.

Have any idea what kind of bird this is?? I don't think hawks in Florida get this big?

I am in central florida/east coast and I have seen some mighty big ass birds flying around when it was still warm. It had to be as big as you described by wingspan but i did not see it standing. I saw it flying way up. I didn't think too much about it because it had regular feathered wings and just looked very very large. What the hell, maybe there are just big ass birds around here... is what I was thinking.... much bigger than an eagle but it's wings sort of reminded me of that. Looked much bigger than buzzard to me!... but I wasn't exactly measuring it, ya know? Turkey buzzard? I don't know. It seemed large.

How could I know if it was abnormal? I just figured it was normal.
it was a mighty big ass bird though. I saw a few of them.
edit on 11-1-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by melsbells137

It's people like you that spread these dumb crazy theories that are made up through a mishmash of other theories. I'm onto you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
sounds like the bird the dude saw before he shot all the people in Arizona.....

feathers?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by melsbells137

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by melsbells137
It doesn't have a lime green beak does it??

wut?...I dont get it...

lol

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

It may well be, that as the climate changes, or at least due to the recent weather anomolies, we may see more and more birds and animals displaced from their natural habitats. Or even spreading out to fill what has been up till now, areas that had been unviable before.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Making fun of Jarod Laughner's bird that he wrote about. Which some people are trying to turn into something factual other than what it was meant to be: insanely metaphorical.
edit on 11-1-2011 by garbageface because: edit

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Could it have been this pelotes.jea.com... ?

We have these here and occassionally one will pop up that is larger than normal. Still it is a very large bird with the estimated wing span you described.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

You know I did the same thing at first. Until it landed on a telephone pole that I got a better reference is size.

I have seen red-tail hawks, bald eagles, tons of buzzards....first time I've seen a bird like this. Kind of reminded of a condor only with a hawks head.....it really could be a hefty golden eagle...I've never seen one here in FL, so it's probably why it stood out so much.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

We have these here and occassionally one will pop up that is larger than normal. Still it is a very large bird with the estimated wing span you described.

that kinda looks like the shape of the wings of what I saw but I think it was darker on the bottom and bigger.
I wonder if there other kinds of hawks around here or darker ones than these.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishmallow8
reply to post by ChaosMagician

You know I did the same thing at first. Until it landed on a telephone pole that I got a better reference is size.

I have seen red-tail hawks, bald eagles, tons of buzzards....first time I've seen a bird like this. Kind of reminded of a condor only with a hawks head.....it really could be a hefty golden eagle...I've never seen one here in FL, so it's probably why it stood out so much.

yeah, I could be off on the size but I'm usually not too bad of a judge of size... general size that is.
It sure did seem really damn big. there are also little airplanes that fly around here from the flight school and they were flying near the birds and I swear those birds still looked several feet next to those planes.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by garbageface

Sorry, probably should have put "?!" at the end of my post (instead of "??") to hint at my tongue in cheek-ness...I was in fresh disbelief at how crazy that other post became. Again, sorry - new here, learning the ropes

edit on 11-1-2011 by melsbells137 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

that kinda looks like the shape of the wings of what I saw but I think it was darker on the bottom and bigger.

Try this... en.wikipedia.org...

And this... www.pbase.com...

Hopefully you can find it on one of these sites. Let us know if you do!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Oh thanks for that link. I clicked it the speakers were up high as id been listening to EVP’s lol our cat jumped from the middle of the room onto my keyboard, knocking my coffee , then the dog yelped as I rolled my chair back over her tail. It frightened the crap out of me . now I have the giggles.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

Try this... en.wikipedia.org...

And this... www.pbase.com...

Hopefully you can find it on one of these sites. Let us know if you do!

My money is on a turkey buzzard. Looks like it and it was a *LARGE* bird.... so maybe I should get some binoculars and see if I see anymore and look for more details.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

LMAO! Sorry about that, though I was giggling as well when I read your post.

I would have warned you had I known. At the moment I am sans pc and have to post and all via my ppc, so I don't get the full affects of every website.

Star for you because I am still laughing!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join