It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Loughner Mug Shot Fake?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Today I was browsing pictures of society's latest scapegoat-of-the-month, Jared Lee Loughner, when several different things struck me as odd. First I will post his MySpace photo, then I will post his most recent photo, which happens to be his mugshot:

Now, onto the quick analysis of both photos. Notice in the former picture his bright blue eyes, and compare them to the noticeably much darker iris' in the mug shot. The mug shot photo almost seems to have have brown eyes. Also, notice how dilated his pupils are in the mug shot, despite a bright beam of light being directed straight at them. Further, notice the brow indention in the first picture. It is obviously smoother compared to the much more defined brow in the mug shot, something I cannot chalk up to the fact he has no eyebrows/facial hair in this one. The bruising of his left eye accentuates this fact. Now, one more thing I would like to bring up though this argument stands of weaker grounds:

The nose in the mug shot has a defined curve to the right, with the bulb of the nose being noticeably larger then the bridge. In the black and white photo we see a smooth, straight nose with much less definition.

Now, is there anyone out there that can ease my curiosity here. I will admit this is one of the looser assumptions I have devised and also made a thread out of.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

That mug shot is one of the creepiest pictures I have ever seen.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
dude wy did your other thread get deleted?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
"Scapegoat of the Month"? Seriously?

Did you consider the possibility he was wearing contacts in the mug shot? He had glasses in the other pictures, so it's reasonable to assume he has vision problem. As for the dilated pupils, that could be the result of drugs, brain injury, brain tumor. There are legitimate reasons for this.

The picture of him with a straight nose appears to be from some time ago. Perhaps he has had his nose broken since then.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
You are Right another Comparison I found was that the Moles are non existent on the first photo. But the "Mug Shot" he has countless moles.
Distinctly the moles over and below, the right of his lip. The Moles on all the picture's are Diffrent

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Wheres the moles int he other pictures?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Can we address the lack of moles or freckles or whatever below the right side of his mouth in the first pictures? Perhaps they aren't showing up due to the picture quality, but that is a pretty obvious difference between the first pic and the mug shot.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
if you look at the two pics the mug shot shows like freckles on his face by his chin and lip but the earlier photos have nothing

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gom3z

Moles can suddenly appear. It does not mean the picture is fake.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

You know, when I saw the line-up pic (or whatever they call it) earlier today, I had two thoughts...one was that it didn't look like any of the other pictures I'd seen of the crazy kid and the second thought was the guy looked much older than 22.

Good call. I don't really know what to make of this news...but I agree with you, so S & F!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
looks photoshoped!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I guess it's possible, but really what are the chances that a cluster of moles suddenly develop in such a small area over the course of what appears to be maybe a few years?
edit on 2011/1/11 by evilod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by evilod

If he had cancer, I would think it possible. Or it could be simply sun damage. He does live in Arizona.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by evilod
Can we address the lack of moles or freckles or whatever below the right side of his mouth in the first pictures? Perhaps they aren't showing up due to the picture quality, but that is a pretty obvious difference between the first pic and the mug shot.

Thank you, I knew there was something I was leaving out of my critique. I was meaning to post this information as well when I made the thread. I might edit it in sometime in the near future.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e65575df6df.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/601bb70fdc85.jpg[/atsimg]

The image explains it all, there is something strange about this all. It was brought to my attention and thought it might be interesting to discuss.

Link to image:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I posted a thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

But MODS, you can delete that since this thread is going better and was started a few minutes before mine.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
"Scapegoat of the Month"? Seriously?

Did you consider the possibility he was wearing contacts in the mug shot? He had glasses in the other pictures, so it's reasonable to assume he has vision problem. As for the dilated pupils, that could be the result of drugs, brain injury, brain tumor. There are legitimate reasons for this.

The picture of him with a straight nose appears to be from some time ago. Perhaps he has had his nose broken since then.

I have considered every single point you just stated actually. Especially regarding the pupils, I meant to inject that it seems like he was under the influence of drugs at the time. Manchurian-Candidate theorists should take note of this. Also, perhaps 'scapegoat' was the wrong word to use; I like diversion better on reflection.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

As I said earlier, the eye color could well be due to contacts. As far as your statement about his complexion and it being winter, Arizona winters can be as hot as 70 degrees. Plenty warm for him to be tanned.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
This is tough to call with just these two photos. The nose and chin shapes seems consistent, but with the older picture being at an angle, with much of his features covered and turned I really don't know...

Moles and broken noses are problematic, they can both happen at any point in life. We'll just have to wait for some more pics to compare, hopefully the recent ones will have "the crazies" toned down as well.
edit on 11-1-2011 by blamethegreys because: "Te" isn't "The"

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
here is a link with a lot of pictures for jared abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by xstealth

As I said earlier, the eye color could well be due to contacts. As far as your statement about his complexion and it being winter, Arizona winters can be as hot as 70 degrees. Plenty warm for him to be tanned.

If he has blue eyes with glasses, chances are blue is his natural color.

Why would someone with blue eyes put in brown contacts? I imagine he isn't wearing contacts during the mug shot, it can't be proven that he isn't though, but colored contacts? Come on...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join