It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heat Emitting from Michigan Crack (new video)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Just wanted to say, you sound like a good mama. Better than me, as I have had conversations about to many controversial subjects with my oldest two...but then my mama told me all about how in my lifetime I would see cameras on every corner, and big brother in all aspects of my business and life...it turned out to be true and didn't warp me...but confirming her dreams with stuff like this is definitely not healthy, so Bravo!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Here is a geologists explanation of the event:

edit on 1/11/2011 by defcon5 because: Video link

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by staciebee
[...]
2.] What is the source of the heat radiating from the crack?

3.] What are your thoughts on the crack in general and the shifting taking place on earth?
[...]

The post above this one pretty much covers the rest but to address those two questions:

2) It looks like it was a cold day and that it had recently snowed. There is no snow melting on or around the fissurette (a nice enough word for it...) that I can see, so it's safe to assume there's no actual "heat" coming off it. It would make sense that it would be slightly warmer underground than on the surface, though, and the warmer air rises up, as it tends to do. It's not warm, it's just not as cold.

3) A tiny little earthquake (as witnesses describe) displacing cracked limestone makes perfect sense considering the circumstances. If you are suggesting this is on a plate tectonics level, I assure you, it is not. A new rift in a continent wouldn't go unnoticed, trust me.

What shifting is taking place on earth? I've seen people mention this in other threads but it's always really vague; something about the south magnetic pole going nuts? Are you connecting that to plate tectonics? Please elaborate, I'd be much obliged.
edit on 11-1-2011 by TedStevensLives because: corrected numbers

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Put a tarp over the crack.It is instant shelter.Go tell the landlord to stick the rent where the sun dont shine.If they get a major crack in kentucky,the whole crack will be filled up with hillbillies.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TedStevensLives

First I wanted to mention that there is very little recent news to be found out about this event. But anything that I find interesting always ends up pointing me here.

Anyways, I too was a bit skeptical about the heat. Although we can't be certain since we aren't standing over it ourselves. I have been trying to dig something up on that and nada.... But while looking, I found this. Could it be related somehow?

Strange Light in Sky over Upper Michigan.. - Driving home from Escanaba, Michigan- I observed some strange and unusual reflections in the sky. It looked like a second sun had appeared to the right of the real one.. Almost as if it was a meteor shooting across the sky, but holding its position and not moving.. The sky was mostly blue with little clouds showing..

Strange Light in Sky over Upper Michigan..

edit on 11-2-2011 by elouina because: Added pic of map.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It looks like a sundog to me.

Just an effect of the sun through clouds:

Sundogs are made commonly of plate-shaped hexagonal ice crystals in high and cold cirrus clouds or, during very cold weather, by ice crystals called diamond dust drifting in the air at low levels. These crystals act as prisms, bending the light rays passing through them with a minimum deflection of 22°. If the crystals are randomly oriented, a complete ring around the sun is seen — a halo. But often, as the crystals sink through the air they become vertically aligned, so sunlight is refracted horizontally — in this case, sundogs are seen.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

Just seemed odd since it was so close to Menominee. Never saw a "sun dog" myself. Interesting.... Thank you.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Both vides removed by user.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

not sure which vids you clicked on but this one and the geologists explanation just played for me ... try again.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
This is the first I have heard of this.

The videos are now showing "Removed By User" WHATS THE DEAL?!?!?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

I bet she is one of the chosen one if you ask me!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

you do realize this is an old post??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I recently watched a show on Discovery or Science that talked about the Great Lakes area. The show was about how the ground around the lakes is raising. According to the show during the last ice age the glacier ice covered the lakes, the massive weight of the ice over the prolonged time period compressed the ground. In recent times the have discovered the ground is slowly popping back up. They even have monitoring stations around the lakes to track the raising. With the ground all around that area decompressing cracks would be very probable in extra brittle areas. That's just my take on the crack. Anyone else see the show or heard about the decompressing?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
This thread cracks me up,although its not what its cracked up to be.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Did a lot of spelunking in my younger years, you don't have to go too deep to reach the constant 52º near underground constant temperature. Also, this geologist says an earthquake of a magnitude 1 or 2 caused this, and that's what the people felt. Do you actually feel a magnitude 1 or 2 earthquake?

Do you feel a magnitude 2 earthquake?

Concord, New Hampshire had one, 1.6. You don't really feel it necessarily. So absolutely they can happen anywhere

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join