It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbies ruining ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hammaraxx

I have seen your avatar around. Thanks for posting. I seriously hope I never get to that point.. (runs off to bookmark thread as a reminder)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Though Ive never really seen a noob (I hate that word, gaming ruined it :lol
get ragged on, I see where some people may get frustrated with certain newer members. Sometimes there is such a large number of newer members that dont really understand how the site works that they can flood the place with repeat threads.

The new stuff doesn't bother me, though I hate when someone starts a good thread, and someone makes it there business to link them to another, (and its usually really old), but seeing the wide eyes and opinions is sometimes refreshing.

So for all the New Members!! WELCOME to the crazy adventures of ATS!!

Peace, NRE.
edit on 11-1-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: mispelling

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I have never seen an outright nasty post to a newbie myself. Even with the likes of SkinRipper. Everyone was trying to make him feel welcome.

But the occassional thread does pop up with a few complaining. I see their point, but it may work better if they contacted the new member by u2u to maybe nudge them in the right direction if they are messing up. Most of us would like to know if we are royally screwing something up or ticking someone off accidentally.

Thanks for the welcome btw. I am really enjoying this place!
edit on 11-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Probably some freshman hazing also. For a newbie you seem adept enough. A lot to learn in just the way the system works on this site. Of course I'm a freshman myself. Relax, the site owners welcome newcomers and they become old-timers in due course. A lot is set up to accept us and make it easy to take it slow and get the feel. Soon we can become valuable contributers at our own pace. There is a lot of incentives to rush it up and earn "credentials" in order to open doors - a little push to get you going, but some brakes to keep you contained until you knwo the ropes - that has it upsides and down, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
ATS should put up a sign that says
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f15590f918a7.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

If only it were that easy.... I can see why trolls enjoy coming here. The topics we discuss are sometimes heated, and folks really care about them. Hence the trolls know it is easier to raise some posters ire.

The good comes with a little bad in all things I suppose. It is exemplary how most trolls are called out and gone in just a few posts though. The ATS'ers are a vigilant lot.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

lol, so gov and police are not dangerous, lol.

People should never do anything, but people in gov and police really are dangerous people as my life has shown.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by satron

lol, so gov and police are not dangerous, lol.

People should never do anything, but people in gov and police really are dangerous people as my life has shown.

I was giving my opinion why some people on here don't care for the new initiates. This isn't a problem unique to his site, but all message board/ forum sites But the reasons for the feelings are more specific for each case. Here people feel like their opinion will be unpopular as new people come and old people leave. What about the old people? Does anyone hate it when a veteran puts up a thread stating that they are through with this site for whatever reason? Or are they just changing names?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I don't think it's just an ATS thing it happens in all parts of life, it's just the same in real life if your the new person in the group then you have to work a little harder to get your opinions heard and to gain the trust of your peers.

If you stay around for a while and manage not to get banned then people can put a little trust in the fact that you are not just saying things to be disruptive or confrontational and people will come to know your posting style and personality a bit better.

Also there are some people that will use any excuse whatsoever to just discount your views instead of having to think about them, once you get passed the n00b stage then you get disinfo agent thrown at you

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent
ATS should put up a sign that says
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f15590f918a7.jpg[/atsimg]

Aww now you've just made me WANT to feed them, he's cute... someone give him a biscuit quick!
edit on 12-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2011 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join