It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much Potential, So Much Wasted

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Hi, gwy,

I know why I am here.

I am here trying to enlighten and help people.

Whether I want to or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
You can never be sure what people are doing in their real lives that they may not post here.

If this forum and people cause one person to go to one town hall and speak the truth. That is pretty awesome.

There are folks who may rally, protest, call out, and vote differently because of the things written here.

Don't count people out! We lose the fight if we lose our head. People are being educated, and there may come a time very soon that we will all use some things we have learned here. If only it is knowing how to survive in a disaster. We may be able to help another less educated about survival. Is that not worth something?

Don't discount the sites ability to educate. Opening other people's eye will enable us to facilitate change one person at a time. Just because there are no ATS riots, it does not mean everything is gor naught.

there are plenty of things I would have not heard about if i had not been on this site browsing the threads.
I don't sit and watch multiple news sources anymore and it's not just news that I have read on here. It's just important to be able to separate what's "informative" from what's not.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
ATS has certain policies in order to stay open. If people started creating groups on the site, ATS could be seen as a terrorist recruitment site. Plus, if people want to get together, ATS doesn't control sites like Yahoo Groups etc. They just ask that one does not group up on ATS because that is not its purpose.

Many people are doing many things. Just because the OP is upset with what he or she percieves as lack-of-change does not mean nothing is happening. It merely means the OP doesn't see whats happening.

freestateproject.org...

Be the change you want to see in the world. The first part of this is knowing what change you want to see. ATS can help someone do that very thing.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
There are many ways of making the world better.. Not all of us seek or want achnowledgement for what we do to make the world better.. Politics are irrelevant and a part of humanities primitive / barbaric past - nations come and go. What matters is having compassion for ones fellow humans and helping those who we see in need rather than wasting time adding to the misery in the world playing politics.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So much potential, but so much wasted.

This is true for so many aspects of our lives as we bump around in the dark. We need to deny ignorance so we can shine the light and see where we are going. In such a crazy, messed up world we can only do this by working together. These are very complex problems and we all have our little pieces of the puzzle. Only once all the pieces fit can we be certain on how to cut out the waste and make the most of our potential.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JoseChung

I've already lost count of the amount of times you've generalised everyone, and that's maybe your problem.

Yes, I have generalized and it is a flaw I am willing to admit is a mistake. However, I believe that for a majority of the people, the generalization is a fair one. This is based solely on the action I have seen taken by members or the proposed action to be taken by member, that of which is the same old action that has been taken to little to no results over the past few centuries.

And a movement springing up from this site? Nice way to give the governments an easy reason to focus on the place and find excuses to shut it down.

But THIS is exactly what I am talking about. If the governments have enough of an excuse to shut this down then that means it is because they FEAR us and our potential to change the world. That is the ONLY reason.

The only problem is that most of these people do not realize their potential, or would rather choose to squander it or run and hide at the first sight of problems. I say let them focus on ATS because it will only prove my point further: that this place is a vessel that could be used for much more than it already is, but is chosen not to be for selfish reasons.

reply to post by eNumbra

I think you doubt the relevance of even half the ATS populace to "walk-out" of the system entirely. Should even 100,000 of the members, heck, let us say 50,000 of the members decide to stand up for a situation - opt of out banks, welfare systems, unconstitutional laws, the mass media, brainwashing television - this in itself would make the "ball" reach the top of the hill and will begin a landslide that is unstoppable. You forget that the largest revolutions in history were performed by the actions of a few people which inspired others to do the same.

reply to post by hawkiye

The people need some kind of inspiration. Regardless of how educated they become they will never act without some kind of inspiration to do so. That is why I feel the steps we take here are fruitless because not a soul is willing to inspire the masses, something they may mean the ultimate sacrifice for such an individual.

I have been ready and willing to do such a thing for a long time, however, the more I look at the people the more I realize that they will do ANYTHING to stay within their bubble and simply except their existence as the norm. I do not WANT to be used as a sacrificial lamb, but I realize that only through inspiring the people will any action occur. I do not want it to be in vain.

The information will shift, yes, but when it does TPTB will shift as well. They will shut down this place and any other that is deemed a threat to them. Even the entire internet will not be safe if anything threatens to dismantle their power structure. What then? Where will the information flow from then? How will the people gather together to fight the system if all gatherings are lost?

Because let's face it, without the internet, in this day and age anonymity is impossible. CCTV, bugs, shills, and paranoid people will prevent any such gathering in public from occurring and it will be too little too late.

reply to post by Hefficide

You make a good point, however, I think the people here spoke loud and clear about their impressionability by Loughner. It seems that the community was well aware of the path the fellow addled on and was sure to avoid it at all costs.

As I said though, we are indeed a sleeping lion. But as we awaken we assume that ATS is going to be around long enough for us to reach a potential to make change. We assume that TPTB won't take this place down along with any with it in the coming days. We assume that on any given day a solar flare might knock out electronics and this place will be as good as done.

We base all out potential on the assumption that everything will work out perfectly for this community to awaken and take a stand, but in the thick and thin of history, when have events EVER panned out perfectly for the dissenters?

We sit here with no plans, no ultimatums, no future perspective. Only our words. That is all that we have.

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I struggle to see the good that education causes. We open peoples eyes yet we teach them to enact change by doing the things you mentioned, this that account for and accomplish absolutely nothing. Sure it may feel good to vote for the "good guy" or speak out at a town hall meeting, but how much does anything change because of that. You might get a few people with an AHA moment, but that is about it. That is all that it is good for.

reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

Hi cat,

It is good to know that YOU know why you are here. We each have our own purpose in life. I'd like to feel that I am fulfilling mine as I type on these forums and as I take action against the world I have come to despise. It is my hope that I will inspire people more so than actually accomplishing anything to be remembered by. In good time we shall see if that purpose holds true for me, or if there is another calling in my life.

reply to post by DINSTAAR

I am not saying that the policies should be abolished altogether. Obviously is someone is recruiting for a terrorist type organization it should be erased and the person banned. However, peaceful protests and activism should be embraced by a community who seeks truth. It is these types of things that cause others to seek and embrace the same ideals by following the example.

Yes, I have heard of the free state project. Plenty of promise and little action. As I have seen countless projects come and go in the past, I will only see success when the 10,000 - 20,000 people that decide to pledge to that actually make the jump. Will they be willing to pack and leave behind whatever life they had?

When push comes to shove, I doubt it. People are too accustomed to whatever they have now to worry themselves when the time comes. Regardless, just because a group of people move to a single state, what will it prove? That New Hampshire is freer than most? Then what? Record numbers begin to flock to New Hampshire, the place gets crowded and corrupt due to lack of civil support, and then the federal government either decides to abandon (unlikely scenario) or take matters into their own hands and see that New Hampshire is restored to its "former glory".

There is no accountability for these plans and no future planning for scenarios that are very likely to happen.

reply to post by Expat888

I agree. I despise politics. However, I also realize that it is the way of the world and the only way to change it is from routing it from the inside. Either that or violently opposing it. Let us just say that I won't be running for office any time soon.

reply to post by kwakakev

Couldn't agree more. Now if only more people saw the situation like this then we might be able to get somewhere.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

reply to post by eNumbra

I think you doubt the relevance of even half the ATS populace to "walk-out" of the system entirely. Should even 100,000 of the members, heck, let us say 50,000 of the members decide to stand up for a situation - opt of out banks, welfare systems, unconstitutional laws, the mass media, brainwashing television - this in itself would make the "ball" reach the top of the hill and will begin a landslide that is unstoppable. You forget that the largest revolutions in history were performed by the actions of a few people which inspired others to do the same.

I do doubt its relevance.

You have 50,000 even 100,000 out of the 6,000,000,000+ people in the world; it would appear as little more than the bird/fish die offs do to most people, small insignificant pockets of a larger, wholly unaffected population. Once any media outlets got a hold of the one commonality(ats) the entire revolution would be written off as any other failed movement ever has been.

This world proves every day that when you try to dodge the system, the system will come for you for "justice". Revolutions will always be violent as the power structure clings to human foundation; only by fear and violence do they survive and they still have the numbers advantage and they will for much time to come.

It requires tons of work, tons of education to change the entire world, I want it to happen as much as anyone else, trust me; but in this matter 100,000 people will not be able to do it.

At the end of the day your movement will be little more than just a couple of isolated communes in a world that feels itself better off without you. We just don't have the numbers yet.
edit on 1/11/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

The people need some kind of inspiration. Regardless of how educated they become they will never act without some kind of inspiration to do so. That is why I feel the steps we take here are fruitless because not a soul is willing to inspire the masses, something they may mean the ultimate sacrifice for such an individual.

I have been ready and willing to do such a thing for a long time, however, the more I look at the people the more I realize that they will do ANYTHING to stay within their bubble and simply except their existence as the norm. I do not WANT to be used as a sacrificial lamb, but I realize that only through inspiring the people will any action occur. I do not want it to be in vain.

Knowledge has to come before inspiration. People cannot be inspired if they do not understand the message. If a Charismatic leader came along right now that could inspire us only people like us would step forward and we would still not have the numbers needed to effect change.

When enough people are ready the inspiration will come. As of now it looks like we are going to have to go through some rough times first. This may be what is needed to prepare enough people to act. Acting before the time is right could be disastrous. It is a dangerous time yes but we must be patient. Prepare and find the peace within.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

Agreed.

As a long serving member, there is a reason we don't do activism - it attracts the wrong individuals to ATS. Our potential is being used in constructive means, without degrading ourselves to the likes of the 9/11 truth movement - who have not achieved NOTHING by shouting and heckling the media.

In fact, their actions have made a mockery of the conspiracy field. Along with Alex Jones.

These threads are nothing new. We see at least three or four a year, demanding the AboveNetwork sabotages all the effort that Simon, Mark and Bill have created by becoming public cheerleaders for protest groups. Read the T&C and Mission Statement, before demanding systematic changes to the fundamentals of Abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It is not like ATS is going out of thier way to prevent people from joining groups, they just do not want it on these forums.

I can post a link to organizations and allow people to do with it as they wish, but I am not to actively recruit people.

freestateproject.org...
lrn.fm...
www.meetup.com...
bureaucrash.com...
www.moveon.org...
politicalactivistsonline.homestead.com...

Sources like these are better for meetups and recruiting. In fact meetup.com is an aggrigate website for all kinds of groups.

As far as the free state project, it is something. It is a hell of a lot more than voting or donating money to some PAC. And, the change is not going to cripple NH like you mention. It will piss off the government though.

FYI: I signed it a few years back and still plan on moving their when my college is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join