It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So Much Potential, So Much Wasted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
ATS to me was a beacon of hope.

Here, there was a sense of seeking the truth, securing freedom, and standing up against the wicked ways that have become all too familiar in the world.

There was a unique aura, a "feeling" if you will that I received every time I came onto these forums - a feeling that these people here were like me, that these people had all the potential in the world to finally stand up and change something.

And you did. You still do. So much potential, but so much wasted.

The whole situation with Loughner being a member here, and the adverse attention that ATS might get from the law and/or the media, sparked a response from members that continues to bolster. It opened my eyes to a truth that I should have seen much earlier, perhaps a few years ago in my first topics. Other people have made the claim and I rejected it. Now I see the truth all too clearly.

The people here on ATS will never do ANYTHING to change the world.

Rather than stand in defiance of media and government intrusion, lies that may be spread or accusations cast, people would much rather run away scared or try hiding from the world. No, not everybody. Some will hold to their guns, but when faced with an actual situation such as there is today, people will do nothing. The great keyboard warriors on ATS will continue to hide behind their keyboards, wrestling with anonymity, and pretending to make a difference.

So much potential, so much wasted.

We, a community of over 200,000 people, with over 1.6 million unique visitors from around the world every month, with research done that puts most detectives and journalists to shame, with more TRUE news stories spread then every news channel across the planet, WE have the potential to start a global revolution. WE have the potentially to completely change the world that we lived in - but we can't... or rather - we won't.

What is more, ATS staff and the Terms & Conditions, completely counteract any action that could have the potential to be taken. Whether it be a rally, a protest, and group gathering - no matter how within the limits of the "law" it actually is, ATS makes it quite clear that recruitment and soliciting will not be tolerated. Yet they draw all of the people here to be sucked into the system of these forums. Anyone that might make a difference is soon consumed my this belief that posting on this forum will somehow change the world, that the issued we complain about are somehow being resolved by us just talking about them.

Yet days go by and nothing changes. In fact, days go by and things get worse. What do we do as a collective? We continue to post. We continue to complain. We continue to do nothing.

The joke is on us. We are insane based on the old saying - we do the same thing every single day expecting a different result.

I'm not saying go out and attack someone or blow something up. I'm not even saying to write to your Congressmen and women. I'm not telling you to do anything that has already been done, because it is just that. It has all been done and as you can see - we in the conspiracy world are still in the same boat.

The same boat that set off with the assassination of Lincoln and Kennedy.

The same boat that crashed in Roswell.

The same boat that seeks to form a New World Order.

When are people actually going to stand up? When are people going to try something new? I ask that here because through all my time on this planet - this is the ONLY place where people with such common beliefs and aspirations can come together and thrive yet fail at the slightest possibility of UNITY.

Forget the petty disagreements. Forget right vs. left. Forget everything that keeps us separated and answer me this-

When will there be unity?

When will the people here on ATS, the people that see the atrocities in this world happen on a daily basis, the people that see through the lies that everyone so happily believes, the people that believe in truth and freedom more than any others - WHEN WILL THEY STAND UP AND DO SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY MAKES A DIFFERENCE?

We have the potential to change the world. We have the potential to start a revolution. A cultural revolution. An enlightenment revolution. A political revolution.

We have SO MUCH POTENTIAL... but it is all utterly wasted.

I'm begging somebody to prove me wrong. So far, the only thing that is proven is that we have voices... and we don't know how to use them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
we are just the next generation of hippys sitting around getting stoned off our own ideas.. opps got stoned and missed it.
you are complete right, no one here will change the world. we never really had a chance to begin with. the quicker u get that in ur head the better

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think I understand this place for what it really is: a place for people to come and share their research and thoughts into alternative topics,blow off a little steam in a civilized setting and maybe spread the word around to bring other like-minded people into the community. This is just another online community,like all the others.

However, I can see how this place might create the illusion that somehow,as a collective,we represent some kind of 'powerful' force for change. That sort of mentality is the provence of people like Alex Jones who actively whips up his members into a frenzy with his high-testerone bravado and insane rants that sets them off doing things like putting signs and stickers up everywhere or setting off 'Google bombs'. This is clearly activism (which is just a step away from things like terrorism and rebellion) and falls into an extremely dangerous gray area that I don't anyone here really wants to be apart of.

I think just the ability to congregate here and search for answers to some of today's more pressing issues is power enough for most. Knowledge is half the battle.

Just my two bits for what it's worth...
edit on 10-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: wording.

edit on 10-1-2011 by FlyingJadeDragon because: edit for content

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

The people here on ATS will never do ANYTHING to change the world.

Absolutes aren't necessary. As a matter of fact I believe everyone changes the world in some way, even miniscule.

Just be patient, something's gotta happen in the state we're in as a nation and planet.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Agreed. We've already been given the tools to create change for the better. It's just a matter of us organizing and using them.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingJadeDragon

Thoughts and words still don't do anything for anyone.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Do not count your chickens before they have hatched.

We do not know what the future holds yet.

I know you are feeling really down because of how super easy it is to brainwash and subdue the mentalities of even most ATSers, as this incident reveals all too clearly.

But don't let it get to you.

As a warrior of the light your job is to illuminate the dark.

Do not fall into darkness yourself.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Stupid lag...Double post removed.
edit on 10-1-2011 by muzzleflash because: Removed double post.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
if our research and ideas wakes up a single person who begins to fight for change, have we not contributed?

I doubt every anonymous guest reads and signs up simply to post "me too". Even if everyone is doing nothing now, the discussions the truths revealed may lend us all strength, insight and wisdom in the future, all of which are something.

Not as much as would be desirable; but you're talking about changing the world. The world is a huge place, who's power structure has its claws dug deep.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH

Thoughts and words still don't do anything for anyone.

...sure they do - all the time...

...positive thought creates positive action...

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
As a long-time member, I prefer this site remain an educational/informational tool-- imperfect as it may be.

The moment you start attaching 'movements' with the ATS experience, the moment I think you destroy the site's magic.

In my opinion, ATS is a town square- not a political rally.

Keep it agnostic and neutral and you have the perfect watering hole for all kinds of folks to get together.

THAT is what ATS accomplishes... And there are very few sites that can make that claim.

edit on 10-1-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If that is the case, then it is to say that people here are satisfied with the world when I know by their words that I read every day that they are not.

Everyone here is here because there IS something wrong with the world. Conspiracies are born from lies. Inherently, their existence proves that there is something wrong with the world for which we should stand up.

But nobody wants to. As you said, they come here, they talk, they blow off steam. If that is the purpose of this forum then I can see ATS as nothing more than promoting and helping the system which so many of it's users are against.

If everybody continues to blow off steam and just spout on about nothings, they will never get angry or charged enough to ever make a difference and thus ATS is only destroying hope for future change.

reply to post by drkylefletcher

With ever ounce of change we here make through out WORDS, there are actual beings out there, living, breathing human beings who are ACTING to ensure that not only the world we live in today survives, but thrives and continues to get worse.By their ACTIONS our words are trampled over in droves and our reaction towards this world is next to meaningless.

reply to post by Plugged

Once again, it seems like the fight is futile as 95% of the people are are fed up with the world landscape don't actually want to break a sweat to change it. They would much rather sit back and watch the Titanic sink rather then try to think or act on a way to save its passengers.

reply to post by muzzleflash

None of us know what the future holds, but it just seems that it becomes harder to get people to even want to TRY to mold the future into something better. Instead they will fight with words and be defeated time and time again; or the ones that do take action - do so by the means that have been time tested to fail and be ignored over and over.

Only if people finally decide to unite en masse and speak as one singular voice for change, will any change come to this world. I don't see ATS being a place where that is going to happen, and sadly, I feel it is the only place that stands a chance.

reply to post by eNumbra

Claws deep, yes. And too uproot claws so deep, drastic, perhaps revolutionary thinking has to take place. But even all the people who wake up will not step outside of the box that the corrupt world has created around us. They will continue on the same path as all the others, not making one lick of difference, being ignored my those in power.

I have seen it. It spans throughout history. Only when someone decides to stand up and those awakened souls decide to follow their lead - that is when the change will come. But ATS and the rest of the world make a bed with the enemy, preventing such a thing from ever happening.

I think FlyingJadeDragon put it right out there:

Knowledge is half the battle.

What is the point in only fighting HALF of the battle? When will people decide to fight the other HALF?

Or will they continue to give up after coming so far?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
We are educating people which is probably the most important thing we can do. You don't know how many people took action in their communities inspired by something they learned here be it political or spiritual.

What else can we do. Your post was good but it was lacking one major thing, a suggested solution. The PTB rule the world because they have controlled the information of the world. Now that is changing and ATS is on the cutting edge of the information revolution. Why do you think they are targeting the internet for regulation? They see the threat to their information monopoly.

So you see we are changing the world by freely reporting and discussing things few other informations outlets will. We have a long ways to go in educating the masses that is why it seems as if nothing is changing physically just yet. But there is a storm brewing in the minds of the people as more information gets out and becomes more main stream.

Five years ago no one ever heard of Gerald Celente or Ron Paul and a several others, now they are regulars on news shows talking about things unheard of 5-10 years ago. It is because of sites like these disseminating views similar to theirs and educating more people on it that these people are now well known. Celente is talking about Depression Riots, also how Survivalism and free energy are becoming main stream. etc.

People are learning what the Constitution actually says and means, they are learning that the monetary system is a fraud. That our food and water supplies are contaminated. Our medicine is killing us. etc etc etc.

And perhaps more important people are learning to seek enlightenment and breaking out of the restrictive and stifling boxes of religion and dogma and seeking within to know who they are and why they are here and where they are going. And many try new things after reading about them here.

You see we are doing something and it is actually more important then anything else right now. You can't have a revolution effecting change whether it is spiritual, political, no-violent, or not without a majority sentiment that are at least sympathetic to that sort of change.

People are slowly getting educated and waking up to what ever degree they can. It is not fast enough for us hard core minded folks but it is happening. I have been at this 25 years now and I never thought I would see the day this many people would be waking up.

You are right on with unity. We need more of it. We need to stop bashing people like the tea partiers because they are not where we are. The have just begun to wake up so they are entry level people so to speak. Many of them will head further down the rabbit hole as thier paradigms continue to collapse.

We can't expect everyone to just be as informed as we are they need time. We have to get over the left right paradigm and one way to do that is stop using the language you have been fed over the tube for a generation about left vs right etc. I know it is not easy but we have to do it. You don't have to give up any principles but just discuss things amicably.

Anyway there you go see we are doing something and not wasting our time.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Claws deep, yes. And too uproot claws so deep, drastic, perhaps revolutionary thinking has to take place. But even all the people who wake up will not step outside of the box that the corrupt world has created around us. They will continue on the same path as all the others, not making one lick of difference, being ignored my those in power.

I have seen it. It spans throughout history. Only when someone decides to stand up and those awakened souls decide to follow their lead - that is when the change will come. But ATS and the rest of the world make a bed with the enemy, preventing such a thing from ever happening.

I think FlyingJadeDragon put it right out there:

Knowledge is half the battle.

What is the point in only fighting HALF of the battle? When will people decide to fight the other HALF?

Or will they continue to give up after coming so far?

People stand up all the time: protests take place nearly everyday in the U.S., some people on this forum have gathered tons of information on how to best barter and trade supporting the flawed monetary system as little as possible (and in all likelyhood practice it as well). There are no doubt people who see what we see running for political offices, doing what they can to make real change. We've already started a cultural/political revolution, one of sane rational discussion of well researched topics. It's slow, the ball is rolling; problem is we have to roll it uphill.

For all your words you don't even have an idea, you're begging for a solution that sits scattered across a thousand threads in a great repository of knowledge.

This is nothing more than an empty rant and you, by your own definition are simply another one of us.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Perhaps so. Perhaps we are making headway with words, but I feel it will be too little to late. No matter who I talk to it seems that those who are awakened to the corruption of the world we live in seem to stick with the mentality of:

"That is true, but what are we going to do about it? Nothing."

And like I said, the ones who finally do decide to DO something about it are drawn towards the same old sensations that they are TOLD works. The voting system, writing political leaders, marching and speaking out, holding rallies; the list of useless actions goes on. I feel sorry for the people on the front lines who do take action, because I get to watch as their attempts are fruitless and ignored by the very people they are trying to reach out towards.

Trust me, I have plenty of suggestions on what people could do but I have littered ATS with them. Some of them are too radical for some and others are swept under the rug as recruitment/solicitation. Like I said, ATS is in front of us with a collective of people that MAY be receptive to taking action, yet action is prevented in the form of, in my opinion, a rule set to guard the butts at the top of ATS should the fire get too hot to handle.

And before a mode gives me a speech about "T&C, you signed up, you agreed, deal with it" that seems to run rampant, I get it. I'm not saying I don't agree to your Terms and Conditions, but what I am saying is that perhaps they should be rethought and reworked, particularly in the aforementioned category, so that actually change might be allowed to stem from ATS rather then endless diatribe and speculation.

reply to post by eNumbra

You are wrong. Myself, much like any one of us have participated in rolling that ball uphill. People continue to take action based on what they believe is making a difference (votes, political office, ect.) but it isn't working. How long have people been trying to change the world by these means? How much difference has it made? I would like to take some action that would guarantee the next generation a better life than mine, not action which MAY or MAY NOT have any affect whatsoever as proved by hundreds of years of history.

I am not begging for a solution, I have given the solution. Countless times. Not in this topic because I don't need to have another deleted, but it isn't hard to find where I stand.

The only thing standing in the way of success should the plan I offer be put into motion, is the selfishness of people who need to be involved and the attachment they hold to the system they pretend to hate so much. People are unwilling to sacrifice their superficial ways of living in order to create a world that is better not only for themselves but for all future generations.

Call it a sign of the times. Two hundred years ago it was considered an HONOR and a PRIVILEGE to fight and sacrifice for an idea that was more important than personal gain and wealth. Today it is considered an inconvenience and people would much rather spend their time indulging in senseless media and continue to be sucked into the welfare state that have become accustomed to.

Everyone has their lines in the sand, but as far as I can tell everyone (with the exception of a few) are just going to continue to redraw their line every time they feel threatened. A little more here, a little more there. And before you know it - its all over.

When you have an opposing force that is moving at breakneck speed against you, you either have to speed up your efforts or move out of the way. The slow rolling ball is not going to work because they are already on the other side of the hill. The corrupt will have won before we realize that the game was rigged the entire time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I can totally understand where you're coming from, but you're not thinking of things in the right way. I've already lost count of the amount of times you've generalised everyone, and that's maybe your problem. You think 'everyone' that's using the site is moping around whining, and the only thing they ever do is go back to their keyboards and type things on here, and I'd bet that you're wrong in a big way.

The site gives information, and people have been, are doing, and will be using it to good effect. Just because each person that does this isn't posting back here to give updates, it doesn't mean they don't exist. Maybe they have their reasons for keeping quiet about what they're doing, good reasons.

And a movement springing up from this site? Nice way to give the governments an easy reason to focus on the place and find excuses to shut it down.

A lot of info is here, those that want to provide parts of it for movements need to collect what they need and take it elsewhere where they can do that. There'll be places all over the net and in the outside world where that's possible.

Try not to despair.
edit on 11-1-2011 by JoseChung because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
reply to post by eNumbra

You are wrong. Myself, much like any one of us have participated in rolling that ball uphill. People continue to take action based on what they believe is making a difference (votes, political office, ect.) but it isn't working. How long have people been trying to change the world by these means? How much difference has it made? I would like to take some action that would guarantee the next generation a better life than mine, not action which MAY or MAY NOT have any affect whatsoever as proved by hundreds of years of history.

Alright, I just read your last three threads started and I see what you are talking about. Perhaps I'm wrong, but perhaps you are also forgetting that said system used to work. It used to work just fine when it wasn't being constantly abused for personal gain: that's a people problem, not a system problem. That's why people will continue working to fix the system, either through it or against it.

People corrupted the system, the corrupted system then corrupted people, then etc...

But if a system wide walk out is what you want to start a revolution with, I doubt ATS has a big enough participatory member base, assuming all of those would even agree it the best course of action; so you would need to educate them first: which is why I believe ATS exists in the first place.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

And like I said, the ones who finally do decide to DO something about it are drawn towards the same old sensations that they are TOLD works. The voting system, writing political leaders, marching and speaking out, holding rallies; the list of useless actions goes on. I feel sorry for the people on the front lines who do take action, because I get to watch as their attempts are fruitless and ignored by the very people they are trying to reach out towards.

Believe me I understand your sentiment and I used to get all worked up about it too. Here is the problem, the reason it is not working is because we don't have the numbers to effect change. If we run out and do something without a majority sentiment it will fail. That doesn't mean we have to have 151 million people as activists. However we do need them to be sympathetic to the cause.

During the American revolution only 3% actually fought the war, about another 7% supported them regularly from home, and 40% or so were sympathetic and maybe supported the cause once and while if they didn't think there was a risk to them. However most did nothing waiting to see which side won. The other 40% or so were loyal to the crown. The point is they had more then half the people sympathetic whether they helped or not. Those did not help the crown either and did not side with the Tories. If we went off half cocked today the majority would side the establishment because they lack the knowledge we have. (And I am not talking about violence either.)

We do not have that majority sentiment yet that is why education is so important. trust me I have tried to organize movements and the people are not ready yet, If we go off half cocked and fail we get painted is nut jobs and written off because they control the information. It makes no sense to fight a battle you do not have power to win. So what do you do. You wait and gather your power. We do that by education. The battle is for hearts and minds, if we win that then there will be no need for a hot revolution.

Things are changing, patience my friend, the economic crisis is cutting the learning curve for many and as it gets worse there may be a mass awakening. It is always darkest before the dawn there will be a break through eventually.

I know it is frustrating in the meantime however I have been at this a long time and 15 years ago anyone who even mentioned a fraction of the stuff we talk about here was branded a complete extremist nut job.

The progress is tremendous and with the coming of age of the internet it is accelerating exponentially. It took over twenty years for me to see the awakening today. There was no internet when it first started. Now it should only take a few years. But now we are getting opposition from TPTB because they see the potential for the power of information to shift, and they are taking thier last grasps at trying to stop it. The signs are every where we just need to be patient and keep on keeping on and the time will soon be right.

In the meantime try to enjoy loved ones family and friends as much as you can live, love, laugh, enjoy a hobby etc. balance the negative with positive. If you stay focused on the negative 24/7 it will wear you down and make you miserable. Seek within the peace that surpasses all understanding that you may stand strong and be at peace though the storms rage all around you. Peace be unto you brother!
edit on 11-1-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
For what it's worth, I look at this this way:

ATS being neutral, IE not allowing recruiting and soliciting, is necessary and good for several reasons, not the least of which being that if this site did allows those things it would quickly be targeted for a shut down and we would not have a venue, any longer, where we could voice our opinions, participate in what we do best - the uncovering of truths - and find a like minded community with whom to connect.

Another reality is this... If recruiting were allowed here, how many impressionable folk might have gravitated towards Loughner? Might he have found a few followers here to take with him into shame?

Ultimately our collective voice is our power. We are watched and listened to. And TPTB do take us seriously - they realize that we are literally the sounds of the sleeping lion. And I believe that they take it very seriously when they hear us beginning to wake.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You can never be sure what people are doing in their real lives that they may not post here.

If this forum and people cause one person to go to one town hall and speak the truth. That is pretty awesome.

There are folks who may rally, protest, call out, and vote differently because of the things written here.

Don't count people out! We lose the fight if we lose our head. People are being educated, and there may come a time very soon that we will all use some things we have learned here. Even if it is only knowing how to survive in a disaster. We may be able to help another less educated person survive. Is that not worth something?

Don't discount the sites ability to educate. Opening other people's eyes will enable us to facilitate change one person at a time. Just because there are no ATS riots, it does not mean everything is for naught.
edit on 11-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join