It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Press Release: Thunderstorms Produce Anti-Matter Terrestrial Gamma Ray Flashes - TGF's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS

NASA has released a Press Release stating that FERMI has detected production of anti-matter by thunderstorms.

Could this be one of the pieces of the environmental puzzle which is affecting our fragile and changing Earth. How does this fit-in with changes in our magnetic-field or shed light on why other unprecedented events are unfolding, as we speak?

Is this a normal function of the Earth when polar shift is to occur? When the sun begins its cycle and ramps up activity? With magnetics and physics say they are both "connected" it seems the energy must go somewhere and "balance itself?" Indeed the "portals" are opening, which is another fascinating recent discovery, magnetic portals. You can read more about it here.

Read more about "Antimatter Hurling Thunderstorms here:"

NASA Press Release
edit on 10-1-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Additional Information Included.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
that is so cool dude

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

As wild as information like this sounds...it's actually pretty mundane in the scheme of things. We've also detected particle collissions at high up atmospheric areas that are more than powerful enough to create mini-black holes as well. These upper atmopshere collisions are one of the main reasons why projects like LHC are safe...they do the same things those storms do but at even less tev.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Agreed, it is best to understand these events, knowledge is never a bad-thing, its application is what bears scrutiny. Now if only we had included a gamma ray detector on one of the Voyagers; we'd get to see what it looked like from that perspective. Imagine our little blue marble being so animated?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Mini black holes possible in our upper atmosphere? Anti matter? Wow, there is a lot going on close to home. So much has been discovered since I was studying astronomy and physics in school. I starred and flagged you. This thread deserves more attention, even if it seems most of us don't know what to make of it. I'm just a humble housewife. But I appreciate learning more and being able to tell the children these things that are so far removed from what passed for basic earth sciences knowledge when I was young.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Even a tiny, simple static charge could generate X-Rays... A little more energy than that and you get the next level of radiation - Gamma Rays!

Someone, (I can't remember the amateur experimenter's name) some time ago, tried to detect gamma rays from a 30,000 volt ion generator setup(exceedingly tiny compared to lightning!) and he indeed detected a little amount of gamma radiation!

It shouldn't be a surprise that high voltage discharges can generate Gamma Rays. But antimatter in lightning is quite a new discovery! But it would be much harder to detect though, probably too much for an amateur experimenter.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Ammusing interlude on the subject of static discharge and xrays. Did you know you can produce x-rays by simply pulling selotape of its reel?
I saw this on the news a few years back and was utterly flummoxed by the fact!

top topics

join