It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon ATS!!! Australia needs us!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

No - from smaller tributaries. I just wanted to extent of the rain front. When I was younger these rivers used to break their banks every second year. It's not a problem. It's not breaking any records yet and damns are still filling up etc.

We've had 10 years of harsh drought, so no one will be complaining yet. Like I said somewhere before, now they're safe from another 5 years of drought. If it says wet and keeps in-line with normal rainfall, the produce output will be doubled - with half as much work :-)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

They are blaming La Nino & climate change. The warmer waters are the reason there is so much more rain than usual, but not a huge amount. Climate change is blamed for Europe's cold winters and it's been changing incrementally. It's not surprising anyone here. The experts were warning us about this, calling it global warming but with unexpected events. North Europe may well freeze. That's possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by squandered

They are blaming La Nino & climate change. The warmer waters are the reason there is so much more rain than usual, but not a huge amount. Climate change is blamed for Europe's cold winters and it's been changing incrementally. It's not surprising anyone here. The experts were warning us about this, calling it global warming but with unexpected events. North Europe may well freeze. That's possible.

I have been watching soho almost obsessively for years and currently there are super huge filaments forming on the sun that will collapse and send out unprecidented cme's.

The sun has been super quiet at current stage, so much so that a leading scientist described the sun as "dead". However a solar maximum is comming, combined with the massive filiament trend, will be spectacular.

That is not the worst thing as it has happened before, however, the earths magnetic field that protects us from space weather, is serverely depleted due to a coming magnetic reversal bought on via extra solar system energetic interactions as this system travels through a highly magnetised region of space.

So on an earthly macro scale these interactions are compounding earths natural processes and increasing thermodynamic interactions and it is going to get worse.

Im not a 2012 nut, just someone who sees the signs of the times hence my username.

The mosaic (moses) blessing to the tribe of Yissachar.

Now i have gone so off topic its unreal

I wish you guys well. And really hope im wrong. Being called a wackjob would be kind compared to what i was called as a infantry commander of men

edit on 13-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

I only lost one guy though (that was more than enough)
edit on 13-1-2011 by Yissachar1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The local news and national news are saying Qld is now on cyclone watch

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by mbzastava

Originally posted by Yissachar1
126ft of water, 9m, has just hit the whole of Queensland...

Help

i'm sorry but this is just hilarious. ATS has turned into training grounds for local news anchor hacks.

Wow, you have an attitude for being 1 day old here.

How about you keep your unwarranted opinions to yourself for now...

There seems to be a lot of morons joining ATS at the moment hey?

I think it may be the publicity from the shooting.

Never mind.

How you guys bearing up at the mo?

I know, noticed it myself a lot recently, but what can ya do..

Luckily I'm over here in WA where it's been stinking hot and humid, so by comparison I cannot complain - but I've been glued to almost every form of information about the floods - Here, live webcams, the news...

I'm glad SA had their flood receding before it got too bad.. we just have to wait for tomorrow now with the tide..

Also all my family over east are way up high in the mountains in SA, so thankfully for us no bad news..

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Several flood warnings issued today mostly area's that were already completly flooded out just over a week ago.

Flood Summary Issued at 3:46 PM on Wednesday the 19th of January 2011 FLOOD WARNING FOR THE CONDAMINE AND BALONNE RIVER SYSTEM FLOOD WARNING FOR THE COOPER CREEK FLOOD WARNING FOR THE FlINDERS RIVER FLOOD WARNING FOR THE LOWER WEIR AND MACINTYRE RIVERS FLOOD WARNING FOR THE MOONIE RIVER

Full Details to in link www.bom.gov.au...
Links to the live current weather radars in Australia www.bom.gov.au...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
(not so recent news update) CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT IN PROGRESS

What is the class action about?

The class action will allege that the negligent operation of the Wivenhoe and Somerset dams by the Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority (trading as Seqwater) in the lead up to and during the 2011 flood significantly contributed to the extent and the level of flooding downstream of the dams and created a flood that was much worse than it would have been if the dams had been operated competently.

LINK

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join