It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C'mon ATS!!! Australia needs us!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

without the best warning in the world

Were they not warned by their media or governing bodies? Or just not enough advance warning?

The premier and others are conspicuous by her absence..

Well now, that's quite interesting.

I hope their version of FEMA is better than ours, but somehow I doubt it.

BTW. S&F

edit on 10-1-2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

There has been a lot of warning for numerous areas, but the floods are moving & rising so fast, some places are just getting surprised. The "inland tsunami" that hit Toowoomba was so unexpected, so fast, & so deep, there was no chance of a warning.

As I said in my previous post, they have not been absent, the Premier is all over the media.

Our version of FEMA (each state has its own) is extremely good. A greater majority of them, some 5M+ nation wide (not all emergency), are all volunteers. It is their homes, their family & friends they are helping. I can assure you, if it CAN be done, it WILL be done.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I'm in NSW and for the last 5 days I've been reading up on HAARP etc, and had a theory that the floods here were man made, preparing Australia for fruitfulness or whatever because it was going to be a safe-haven in the case of mass evacuations...After seeing the news this morning, this theory was debunked pretty fast. Now I just think maybe Australia will und up under water, and all the telethons in the world wouldn't make a lick of difference.

I really am starting to feel more and more that these disasters are purely natural, and that it was pre-empted by the TPTB. I remember when it flooded in Central West NSW in 1990 - the army was here to help before the SES. Where the Hell are the Army now??? I can understand though why officials would want to keep the destruction of our climate under wraps though.

You just feel so helpless watching the 24-hour live coverage - there's literally nothing anyone can do to help from their homes, and the story is growing bigger by the second. The poor newsreaders look exhausted, and they are being inundated with breaking updates. This thing is totally unpredictable and an expect the worst scenario. I'm going to figure out how to build a levitating gold boat!

edit on 10-1-2011 by melsbells137 because: missing verbs and nouns

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by melsbells137

I really am starting to feel more and more that a lot of this was pre-empted, and that is a natural disaster. I remember when it flooded in Central West NSW in 1990 - the army was here to help before the SES. Where the Hell are the Army now???

Well 1990 was pre-war, the Army was not deployed on such a large scale back then unlike now.

Also, the Army IS there & has been for over a week, I do believe it is them with the camoflaged Blackhawks, the Navy with its Seahawks, & the RAAF with its C-130's.

The ADF is doing the best it can with the resources it has left in the country. They cant go in to clean up while the rivers are still rising anyhow.

The SES (former volunteer) also has its problems, being the start of a new year, a lot of buisinesses cant let their staff run off to volunteer for what will be a long job right now.

Just wait for the levels to drop & you will see the ADF, the SES & all other emergency services flood into the area (no pun intended).

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

There has been a lot of warning for numerous areas, but the floods are moving & rising so fast, some places are just getting surprised. The "inland tsunami" that hit Toowoomba was so unexpected, so fast, & so deep, there was no chance of a warning. As I said in my previous post, they have not been absent, the Premier is all over the media. Our version of FEMA (each state has its own) is extremely good. A greater majority of them, some 5M+ nation wide (not all emergency), are all volunteers. It is their homes, their family & friends they are helping. I can assure you, if it CAN be done, it WILL be done.

I said this in another thread, but I'm gonna say it again. Did somebody, somewhere, hit the chaos switch on the first day of the year? It's been non-stop.

Our FEMA could take some lessons from yours it sounds like.

All the best to you in the land down under.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I sooo wish i was there

Gonna see if i can

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SNAFU38

Ah, so they aren't off building underground bunkers under the Harold Holt Centre then?!! Hahaha. Thanks for the reply...I guess I'm still asking that question from when it flooded here last month. The poor SES, they do such a brilliant job, but goddamn it must be overwhelming when more and more reports come in and your volunteers are spread so far. As far as Queensland goes, maybe they would fare better with more volunteers as opposed to more donations.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Thanks for telling the world about our little problem here.Already started using my tin food supplies that i saved for just such an event.For those who put off getting a survival kit together ,do it now as you never know whats around the corner,wherever you are in the world.Ever seen that movie Waterworld with Kevin Costner? Its like that but without the mutant raiders.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Was just told that the Brisbane River bank has broken

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Seeing the various Queensland towns swamped over the past week and a bit is hard to see, but the devastation of the 'tsunami' in Toowoomba yesterday and the continued destruction shown today is unbelievable. People say it is like a disaster movie, and it really is! Cars getting thrown around like toys, trees ripped out of the ground, hell even some HOUSES washed along

It's quite humbling hey. You always see footage of people stuck on rooves in some distant third world country, but you never expect to see such scenes in your own. Kinda like with Katrina in the US too.

So far it's been a crazy year of weather, the world wide.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Live Stream Of Brisbane River

For all interested, this is live from a guys web cam.

Worth a look, it is rising rapidly!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
S&F my friend.. most are too busy with this shooter here and contemplating his motivations to care about Aussies.

We've been watching and already sent funds.. but it certainly isnt enough. If all of us could send some or those who are able.. go volunteer if possible.. it would go a long way. Ive never been to Australia, but I figure theyre folks just like we are and the world isnt watching or helping as much as they should. ATS members are always very god at involvement it seems.. some of us just dont know what all we can do other than send some money and say hey, let me know what you need.

It seems they are better taken care of by their emergency mgmt than we ever have been.. thank God.

I wonder if our country has sent any aid like we did to Haiti?? I havent heard a word about it.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I was in QLD for New Years Eve and the flooding in some regions was already bad. The Noosa River was brown from all the rain. Not the beautiful blue that I was used to. I can't believe how bad this has become. I have a lot of friends up there. Some of whom are stranded atm. It's a real worry!

IRM

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Live Stream Of Brisbane River

For all interested, this is live from a guys web cam.

Worth a look, it is rising rapidly!

Pretty interesting. The comment section is hilarious
(if a tad inappropriate - but I guess you have to see the humour in an otherwise overwhelming situation. It is the Aussie way!)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We should also be bringing our boys home from Iraq and Afghanistan to deal with this... We have a greater need for them in QLD atm.

IRM

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Help with what?

What kind of information?

What kind of help?

What do you need?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Anna Bligh - QLD State Premier
(as much as I cant stand her, thats for another time, another thread lol)

Has been doing LIVE press statements (radio and tv) every 2 hours along with the State Police Comissioner and 2 other individuals, I beleive one is the State SES guy (state emergency service)

Queensland State Police is updated their facebook pages regularly

There are other Offical sites also updated their pages regulary

The flood waters are rising alot quicker then they originally forecast, hense the every 2 hours LIVE update

The reason why you may not be seeing alot of aussies posting today, is cuz we are glued to our TVs lol
(yes even I turned on MSM to w atch the coverage)

And I have a house full (again) for the next few days...I have family members who cant leave cuz the high way is closed (in bound and out bound)

They are bracing themselves for 1974 flood levels within the next 24 - 48 hours

People are effected areas are preparing!

ADD: Anna and our response team seemed to be doing a terrific job co ordinating all this managing all this IMO

Also remember most of QLD has been under water since LAST YEAR, this time the floods have moved SOUTH

edit on 11-1-2011 by Ellen15 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
We should also be bringing our boys home from Iraq and Afghanistan to deal with this... We have a greater need for them in QLD atm.

IRM

Black hawk have been working in the flood effected areas up North QLD since last year, evucations, supply drop offs etc

Black hawk along with SES helicopters are working together with this current crisis

Air lifting 300 people to safety from one town (population was 300)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by melsbells137
As far as Queensland goes, maybe they would fare better with more volunteers as opposed to more donations.

They need both

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Our version of FEMA (each state has its own) is extremely good. A greater majority of them, some 5M+ nation wide (not all emergency), are all volunteers. It is their homes, their family & friends they are helping. I can assure you, if it CAN be done, it WILL be done

Right on!

State Emergency Service = SES

They are fantastic!

They are the best!

Expertly trained for things like this

All hands on deck

They are our Heros (like NY firemen are to the NY'ers)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Did somebody, somewhere, hit the chaos switch on the first day of the year? It's been non-stop

Queensland were warned early spring we would be experiencing the wettest summer ever this summer season

We were told to have our summer emergency kits checked and ready

Sorta like hurricane emergency kits for the floridians

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join