It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Beware of Jared Loughner discussions! You're being drawn into a media trap!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I heard it on my local radio today in Florida he WAS a member. A caller, called in with the information. I than checked, with a google search and you can bring up his posts.

S&F

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Naturally, ATS will become a target. We discuss things that are off the beaten path. Some things are of course speculative, and some things are absolutely the truth.

Americans have always had the right to freedom of speech. That right should never be impinged on. It hurts everyone, especially when you can't get out life saving information.

Again, ATS has a strict policy on matters of terrorist activities, and talk of inciting violent activity. ATS is a discussion board.

And, no one coming here is forced into believing what is printed here. No one here is allowed to organize a revolt on this board. It is strictly enforced.

We aren't doing anything here that anyone else through the years has done. We express our concerns, our beliefs, our observations, etc. If we are to be free, we must be free to speak. Even if it sounds absurd to someone else. If we aren't free to speak about our concerns, then this isn't the America that our brave men and women fought for so long ago.

And, we are not discussing anything here that hasn't been discussed in other places, among the population.

I just don't want anyone on the outside reading ATS to think we are bizarre. We have the same questions that many other people in America have. We have jobs, families, businesses, friends.

I know I keep saying it, but we at ATS don't support the senseless actions of Jared Loughner. I'm pretty sure I speak for most everyone here.

Troy

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There appears to be a pattern in the mainstream news. It seems that those who do not agree with these organizations, or the authorities, views on a wide variety of 'issues', especially concerning the AZ shooter, are attempting to label those who think like this boy to be suffering from the same type of 'mental illness', in particular 'paranoid delusions', that he had. Both CNN and FOX have been inferring this all day today. Anyone else notice this?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
ATS should suspend registration for at least a month to prevent agent-provocateurs from infiltrating, an otherwise, civil place to speak your mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
That sounds like a good plan. We don't need fake members playing big brother here. The truth is, I'm sure ATS has already been looked at with outside eyes. But, honestly, I don't have anything to hide. We shouldn't have to hide the fact that we're seeking the truth. The quest for truth really isn't going to end. People can try to stop it, but it will never happen. The public knew about corrupt bankers years ago, but didn't have an internet.

Troy

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
SF I have been thinking exactly what you just said right after I did my daily scan of ats this morning. For the past year I have read many threads, though harmless were definately propiganda for MSM to spin. Sayings such as ""Lock and load", "marching do to the whitehouse with guns" and so on. It scares those who are not concerned with the future of the world or who do not care to uncomfort themselves to help fix our issues. Scary times. Especially with all of the fear mongers in MSM and terrorist threats.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Very glad you pointed this out. I said this earlier in a thread of mine.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Just watched a bit of MSNBC news just a few minutes ago about Jarrad and the Az shooting and now it is all starting to make sense. ITS ALL ABOUT GUN CONTROL! They had a (d) lady on there talking about they need to ban guns or control how many bullets a gun can hold and also talking about being rid of "high" caliber "bullets". Them after that lady was done talking thru had 2 other guest gentlemen on there trying to get them to agree on how to stop gun ownership or use. I'm not the smartest guy but I just piece all of this together... Its all about "Gun Control" just look at msnbc right now. Its 12:35am c time here so what ever show was on was aired at 12am. Also after watching that show on msnbc and someone saying all of the suddenall these threads popping up left to right on ATS about gun control or banning guns in the US its all coming together now. So everyone justpay attention to the news from this point on ill bet the topic of MSM will be about some kinda gun ban or gun control. Please give me your feedback on this.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by C21H30O2I

What radio program?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by felonius

Huh, I would never have thought of Whorf or Orwell as being somehow supportive of Glenn Beck. If anything, I would say that Glenn Beck and the network he works for are ultimately very much involved in the undertaking of a Media New Speak.

EDIT: "supportive" as in providing background supporting evidence, not in the sense that they could or would have supported him.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sphota because: in textu

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The best response tp any infiltration or operation is to id the individual as a troll and say in caps, "TROLL ALERT!". as if a clear cut majority of us are willing to stand up to these fools but use common sense, intelligence, logic and reason and we must remain steadfast and firm these moron accounts know that they absolutely and unequivocally cannot bait any of us into an argument. Be respectful, conduct yourself civily, answer a question with a question especially if the reponse q has nothing to do with the first like, "How about that football team?" reply would be like, "Did you see that new hybrid?" Deflection, diversion of any and all questions designed to bait us into an argument, this frustrates the person and makes them give up requiring little or no action further. It's akin to that deal "How do you keep an idiot busy for hours? Turn this over!" Repetition.

Think before you type.

Close every post to every suspicious baiting and phising operation with the following phrase as once used they know the jig is up and got caught red handed with thier hands in the cookie jar and is most (95% or better) cases will realize they've been had and id'd and will go away :

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!
edit on 12-1-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

If whoever these people are want ATS members to preach violence and harm, which to them would be the words of dissent and rebuke, then give them dissent and rebuke of a different kind that I mentioned above. It is spreading awareness, denying ignorance, and coming together against an establishment that would want you to act like rampaging gorillas so that they have a reason to clamp down and remove your freedoms.

Where is the evidence for this that the government is out to entrap us? If free speech is free, why should we be worried in the first place about hiding what we think, lest we be persecuted for a thought crime? Such a thing is highly illegal in the first place and if proven beyond a doubt that is contentious, whoever the agencies are that engage in dubious practices will ultimately be held responsible to the american people.

Even people from 3 letter agencies aren't cardboard cutout government mooks from the x-files out to get us, they're also people just like us who have hobbies, families.

Although I must say it must be a nice 'cushy' job for those in question to be paid 50k+ a year and read obnoxious postings on the internet, not much qualification needed for that even a monkey with a type writer would be able to do the samething.

edit on 12-1-2011 by redrezo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
All I know for sure is that people that say a Boeing 757 hit the Pentagon and one crashed in Pennsylvania are seriously mentally ill.

Probably more so than this shooter in Arizona because the ones that believe the official stories of 911 dont exhibit true warning signs thus go undetected.

Besides, always remember that Psychology and Psychiatry are a pseudo-science of sorts. In other words, unproveable theories within the world of Quantum Physics hold more weight.
edit on 12-1-2011 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If one could prove that the MSN is involved in trying to link those who post on ATS to the 'mindset' of Loughner, or make people who delve into 'conspiracy theories' appear to be 'mentall ill', does that make me a 'shill', or an 'agent'?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Here are the five 'theories' being put out by FOX NEWS on why Jared Loughner did what he did. His anti-government paranoia pushed him over the edge. His Anti-Semitism drove him to shoot. His practicing black magic played a role. His Mental illness is the key factor, and that it was personal. (source-theweek.com)

This same type of 'rhetoric' emanates from other MSN outlets, including Yahoo and Google. You don't suppose they're trying to villainize others who don't believe 'them' or the 'government'?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LanMan54

Well, I wouldn't be surprised. I posted about this back on the bottom of page four...

I'm particularly interested in the language in the Baker Act here in Florida, and how that could be used against someone. As said before, the psychologist guest of Megyn Kelly was saying that in AZ, one could report a mentally ill, potentially dangerous person so that they get an evaluation and become ward of the State. He said this was possible in VA as well. Where else? Again, could, for example, Florida's Baker Act be used against people who hold a less than main stream opinion about something? ...anything not main stream being considered fringe and delusional.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Ok, I think I've figured out the problem. I watch FOX news...if there was anything to make you paranoid...

The 11-12 guy just said that the police reported having stopped Jared Loughner for running a light that morning.

The Anchor just said, (paraphrase) "We know that the 9/11 hijackers also received traffic tickets prior to the attacks. If only the police were to run a background check and found Loughner's drug or psychological issues. I don't know..."

I'm guessing the "I don't know..." at the end was a sort of, "Here's the 'you decide' part of our program". Seriously, ok, every time a person runs a red light or gets a parking ticket or moving violation we should do a thorough back ground check to make sure they are not terrorists on their way to committing an act of terror. If you are leaving it to metermaids and cops on the beat to prevent every terrorist act, then I have two things to say:

1. Talk about passing the buck.
2. Just get it over with already, and make all the police come under one supreme jurisdiction, all powerful terrorism police or some such nonsense.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Sphota because: to too two...English is hard.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SamusAran
I'll just leave it at this.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia at an early age, And I agree with SkinRipper that both the media and Hollywood profit quite often from portraying those with mental disorders as the some of the most dangerous human beings on the planet. I am on medications and my condition is manageable. I myself believe any human being who feels as if he or she has nothing to lose is in-fact the most dangerous out of any of us. Unfortunately it turned out to be jared loughner who felt as if he had nothing to lose. I do not condone violence in any way whatsoever, this coming from someone who as a child settled disagreements by hitting someone or breaking something. I just hope that unstable people such as jared loughner do not ruin things for the rest of us with mental disorders.

I hope that this incident will be a catalyst for society to provide more assistance to those with mental disorders. I agree that the media (including Hollywood and books) sometimes poorly portrays those with mental disorders, however, it seems to me that the way society (not the media) views mental disorders has progressed a lot over the last century, and I hope that progress will continue.

While there is a possibility that society will continue with the tough-love, no sympathy, every-man-for-himself and just treat them like criminals if they screw up approach that has been common for a few decades, I think it's far more likely that even the rightest of right-wingers may begin to accept that it is proper and mandatory for government to become more involved with helping those who need help, and we won't continue to expect them rely on themselves or charities that do not have the means. I think the controversial health-care-plan that has unfortunately not fully gone into effect yet has a lot in it in this respect.

Hopefully we will stop trying to sweep them under the carpet. Hopefully we'll stop pretending they don't exist except when tragedy strikes. And hopefullly we'll start providing them with the assistance and care they need. It says a lot about our "love for one another" that we haven't already done this, and that what might finally motivate us to do it is the idea of preventing more "random acts of violence by whackjobs."

I hate to use the word "they" so much, and I don't feel this way just about people with severe mental health problems, I also feel this way about people with physical health problems that they can't deal with on their own. Someday that could be me, or you, or anyone.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join