It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Beware of Jared Loughner discussions! You're being drawn into a media trap!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Jared Lee Loughner's parents are expected to speak on CNN shortly. It might be worth checking out.

CNN Live

And yes, I'm fully aware of this media trap we are falling into. Every post in every Jared Lee Loughner thread will be scrutinized. The news media will look for a single line of text they can use to push a story, taken in context or not.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I appreciate the passion and concern to keep integrity in the site and in the postings,
but it is what it is and we are who we are individually,
the more real voices are heard the better.
I understand how it can be manipulated and shame on the puppets for selling out the people,
but I believe the majority of people on this site, hell even on the planet, are good people with the main concern of being left alone to take care of themselves and their loved ones.
If we were all cuckoo for coco puffs and posed a massive threat to society as a whole there'd be alot more going on than most of us trying to establish a dialogue of a return to governmental sanity and respect for others, which seems to be the crux of most topics and conversations.
The threat to humanity comes from its governance and the control over the many by the few,
the few who actually ARE mentally twisted high functioning individuals who occupy seats of power and influence.
I would challenge that they have more access to commit harm on a scale so grand that it's mind numbing and have proven to have no emapthy or skill set to be in ownership of those said powers.
The wag the dog scenario has been in play for centuries,
one possible cure to be removed from the cloak of ignorance is massively shared information,
the information of truth, more so than created reality,
and there has been no better time than now, and no better vehicle for the distribution of truth than the Net.
If the truth is flame then let the paper puppet mouthpieces and what they spew ignite and be gone.

Still rings true even 30 years later.
edit on 11-1-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Deleted by user
edit on 11-1-2011 by nunya13 because: My rant did not belong in this thread...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If the media is reading this. I just want to say that;

"Geraldo Rivera is SUCH A BLOW-HARD that meteorologists decided to name a hurricane after him!"

How do you like those apples?!?!

Seriously this Loughner-kid was a nutcase! End of story! And I would enjoy nothing more than to see Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio handle him.
edit on 1/11/11 by Marked One because: forgot to add something else

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I already saw signs of this incident being used for an agenda, like making truth seekers look like nuts.

I want to make it very clear to anyone reading this other than regular ATS members. ATS members are not terrorists. Patriotism is not terrorism. Seeking truth is not terrorism.

What a messed up Jared Loughner did that day does not represent ATS members as a whole. ATS has no real control over who could have created an account here. Any organization could have a negative person join it's group. It happens. That doesn't mean the whole group is bad. We are unique, we don't always agree on everything, but in the main, we are simply truth seekers.

Troy

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This incidence has created a lot of stir across the pond [UK] but no mention of ATS.

The line from the media here is that the US are thinking very carefully about their tactics with elections / politics being very fighting talk. Sarah Palin in particular for her "Reload" gaff.

I don't know the full picture and have no axe to grind on this - just reading the headlines from the papers here.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLift

Jon Swaine, Is that you?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Just wondering since you fit the bill for the OP of this thread.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by exactmad

I think mr-lizard figured it out first.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
wow skinripper was him? LOL u know I made a comment about people having to kill for their freedom. Like we had to do in WW1 & WW2 for example. Hope that doesn't get twisted out of context into what he did; even though I think the lady he shot is an evil person. Did you see the videos where she is arguing that freely speaking one's mind and protesting is bad and that we should all stop doing it and settle for their rigged voting process?

Personally I think it is a blatant setup, if he had the gun and the ammo why would he waste it and the rest of his life on such a low level government lackey for the democrats?

I think he didn't feel represented by his politician and he wanted to impeach her. Too bad he shot the puppet; and in doing so the system will use this as an excuse to try and control the political climate. Notice the photos of his CIA handler whom they are still (and will probably forever, or at least until he is setup as a fall guy if need be; but I would imagine the reason why he is not caught yet is because he is a CIA asset) looking for?

The system is playing us all big time on this.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

Oooh, Rexus, that's so scary. The big, bad government is watching us. Woo, woo, woo. Woo, woo woo. Maybe an MIB will show up at my house tomorrow. Even worse, you might show up.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Well you optimism is quite amusing but sadly conspiracy theorists aren't given the time of day when it comes to the mass media and the politicians except maybe a select few. The biggest reason I'd say they wouldn't target the conspiracy theorist community is that we're not "worthy" of their time. I mean ask a politician what they think of conspiracy theorists they'll have a very simple reply... "Next Question".

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthc

Personally I think it is a blatant setup, if he had the gun and the ammo why would he waste it and the rest of his life on such a low level government lackey for the democrats?... ...The system is playing us all big time on this.

I agree- I wonder why did he gun down these other people, I mean typically an assassin has one target in mind. So, who was the real target: the politician or the judge? Possibly both. Judge Roll enabled an lawsuit against an Texas rancher.

In 2009, Judge Roll faced death threats after presiding over a $32 million civil-rights lawsuit. The lawsuit was filed by illegal immigrants against an Arizona rancher. After Judge Roll ruled that the case would be certified, threats came from talk-radio shows which fueled controversy and spurred audiences into making threats against the judge.

After one radio talk show, Judge Roll's name logged more than 200 phone calls as some callers threatened the judge and his family. This resulted in the judge and his wife being placed under a full-time protective detail for one month. A US Attorney's investigation identified four men as the makers of the threats, but no charges were filed.
link :

Or, perhaps as it is demostrated, Jared Loughner had an bizarre obsession with congresswoman Giffords:

Hidden in the backyard of Jared Loughner's house is a strange altar with a skull sitting upon a pot filled with shrivelled oranges. Loughner is accused of shooting a United States congresswoman.

The discovery, reported by the New York Daily News, comes amid a police probe into Loughner's links with the occult.

The newspaper said the shrine, found in a tent behind Loughner's home, was commonly used by occult groups, and was one of the latest strange details to emerge from the case.

Mr Bryce Tierney, a friend of Loughner's, said he was obsessed with "lucid dreaming" - the idea that dreams were an alternative reality that a person could control.

"I saw his dream journal once. That's the golden piece of evidence," the friend said.

"You want to know what goes on in Jared Loughner's mind, there's a dream journal that will tell you everything."

He added that Loughner had been obsessed with congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords ever since she had failed to answer his question at a campaign event.

link

Well, Personally I think whomever wanted Judge Roll dead got... hmm, lucky. I wonder if perhaps there is video... It was a large enough event, perhaps... was it a gathering in a room or outdoors.

hell I got a virus researching this! Gotta get off my comp!

edit on 11-1-2011 by star in a jar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This is yet another nail in the coffin of our freedom. TPTB will be using this as a reason to further restrict our actions, including freedom of movement and gun ownership. Get your guns while you can because it won't be legal forever.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
this is stupid. # the main stream media, everyone knows that our government owns a big chunk of it. you want some unfiltered media? go to france or listen to france news. ban my rights as an american i will fight you. its american to own a gun.

out of 6 billion people on earth you honestly dont think a handful are insane? guns dont kill people ignorant people kill people. im an american all of you who oppose guns let me ask you this..when we get invaded and our military cant stand to fight any more whose going to protect us? the people with guns? or your liberal asses trying to discuss why war is wrong?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by schuyler

Hmmm...you congratulate ATS about not capitalizing on the tragedy and in the same post you take the opportunity to denigrate "lefties" in defense of those you pointed out. Check your facts. Jared Loughner was neither a "leftie", nor a "pothead".

Not a leftie

For what it's worth, the Washington Post reports that 22-year-old alleged Tucson shooter Jared Lee Loughner is a registered independent.

Not a pothead

Tierney was surprised when Loughner said he had quit partying "completely." Loughner, according to Tierney, said, "I'm going to lead a more healthy lifestyle, not smoke cigarettes or pot anymore, and I'm going to start working out." Tierney was happy for his friend: "I said, 'Dude, that's awesome.' And the next time I saw him he was 10 pounds lighter." Tierney never saw Loughner smoke marijuana again, and he was surprised at media reports that Loughner had been rejected from the military in 2009 for failing a drug test: "He was clean, clean. I saw him after that continuously. He would not do it."

I'm independent of political parties, but my views skew towards liberal. Party affiliation has no control over left/right thinking. Arlen Specter and Joe Lieberman come to mind.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Sometimes when thinking about ATS i suddenly realise that this place is dangerous not in fear of my life but my mind. There are absolultely no rules in place for youngsters communicating with muderers.

Bad day indeed. Members get banned, posts get deleted but is it enough. It can give you quite a shake to know you have converesed with a muderer. Something i will never get used too im afraid.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am very pleased with the way ATS has handled this. But i think things are going to tighten up as the years go by and places like ATS won't exist without stringent screening inplace. A few years yet though.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
I had lengthy discussions with SkinRipper in his introduction

He said he had no empathy, are you implying he has something to do with this?

Or just that those "type" of people are around this site

Implied what, may I ask?
Seems you didn't really understand what the OP is about. No one is accusing anyone of anything except the possibility the media is trying to solicit rude, obnoxious comments from our memeber base so they can go back to the MSM and tell them: See, this person is just like Loughner, see what they posted? They could do it to you since you just posted you had a conversation with him. All that juice for press. Yum!
Also, just so you know, law enforcement have ways to goat you into what they call confessions. You repeat it, you are guilty. They do stuff like trying to pretend you are friends by having the same psychosis - which is what Theskinripper was doing. But he was definitely pointing toward political agendas in an extreme manner.
Also to everyone,
I said this in the fall when there was another incident (forgot what for the moment) and ATSer's were quoted in a government manual on disadence. They took some stuff that some of the members said, mostly out of context, then told the public that we were disadent. If they did it once, they will do it again.
I'm sorry ADUB77, if you still think the media is on your side, but if you are not a Rockefeller, DuPont or Hearst, then you don't matter and they are against you. Their boss is the FCC and that is who MSM answers to, not you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I already saw signs of this incident being used for an agenda, like making truth seekers look like nut

Troy

Not only truth seekers but anyone who partakes in any of the following:

Marijuana
Lucid dreaming
Gold instead of paper money
Non-religious (not to be equated with atheism)

This is all I can think of at the moment. I hate when these things happen, the media picks apart the lives of the murderer and implies that anyone who partakes in similar activities is a risk to people's safety.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I don't know what the big deal here is at ATS about this Jared loser. You know, no one in the MSM is reporting anything about him being on ATS or ATS is to blame, or conspiracy web sites etc etc. Man, get a grip.

Even though ATS is a very popular conspiracy site and there is a lot of traffic here, truth is, no one cares!. All these threads about him being on ATS and needless worrying about whether or not ATS will get blamed is over dramatic and quite honestly sounding megalomanic. Get over it.

The only thing the MSM is blaming is the political rhetoric that goes on between Tea party, Democrats and republicans. The cross hairs Palin used and the ranting of political figures. NOT ATS! Its nothing! It doesn't even register on their WOW factor and everyone already knows Jared is as crazy as a loon.

More and more of these threads are starting to make it clear that conspiracy theorists think their something special, when in reality, like I said before, NO ONE CARES. You're not going to lose ATS over this and its becoming annoying that you think everyone is watching this site to point the finger at crazy lunatics.

Get over it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join