It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Beware of Jared Loughner discussions! You're being drawn into a media trap!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'll keep this concise.

erad3 and 2011 Tuscon shooting

It's recently been officially acknowledged by the ATS staff that Jared Loughner (2011 Tuscon Shooting) may very well have been an ATS member using the alias erad3.

Media may blame ATS

ATS members have opined that the media and the public will point the finger at the ATS community.

ATS may be being provoked

Though there's enough forum fodder for the media to exploit against ATS, I urge you to be mindful of obviously provocative new topics, especially by recently registered new members demonstrating psychopathic tendencies in direct or indirect reference to Jared Loughner. Whether the provocation is advertant or inadvertant, be cautious of how the said topics and the discussions therein could be utilized as a fresh source of data to condemn the ATS community.

An example

Please note that the operative word is "example". I am not implying that the following example is in fact what is it is an example of. It's just an example of an obviously provocative new topic by a recently registered new member demonstrating psychopathic tendencies in direct or indirect reference to Jared Loughner that could result in a potential frenzied media slur.

1. Obviously provocative new topic: BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!
  2. Recently registered new member: TheSkinRipper
  3. Direct or indirect reference to Jared Loughner:

I hope after the last few days events that event he most primitive of American people can now appreciate that GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!
    Quote | Source

4. Demonstrated psychopathic tendencies:

I am a self aware Psychopath and I consciously know what I am. I have absolutely no empathy towards people.
    Quote | Source

5. Potential frenzied media slur: Derived from responses such as:

"From my cold, dead hand"
    Quote | Source

...or...

Yes true....however most of you are to gutless to kill up close and personal. Bare hands and knives take skill and patience and some degree of bottle. A gun you can sit back and just pull a little trigger.
    Quote | Source

Thoughts and opinions are welcome.

edit on 10/1/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Hmmmm, let me see where I put the chance of this being a media trap on my GAF (Give a F...) scale. Oh yeah, that'd be a 1. I care little of what they think and care even less of the means they use to ferret information that is partially true and yet presented as fact.

To the MSM: You have proven yourselves to be both inept and incompetent. You feel you are in control whereas your ratings show otherwise. I welcome you to the YKK on my current pair of jeans. Lord knows you are well versed in the directions with how to unzip them and do your...uh...thing.

It must be frustrating as hell to think you're something that you're not. The MSM loudmouth talking heads are losing viewers daily. They despise an informed populace that sees through their smoke machine.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
oh well in response we are simple folk here at ats and we span the globe and in no way do we agree with said persons actions and it is in no part of the world a daily occurrence and even less acted out by ats users but if someone who votes for a government cannot freely discuss their actions then all of the fights of our forefathers were wasted.
"He who sacrifices freedom for security deserves neither.” – Ben Franklin
Thank you very much... elvis

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I would suggest that it's worth pressing 'alert' for any posts inciting violence, or of a particularly violent nature,

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ATS has handled this well, I think, by making iinformation easily available WITHOUT trying to capita;ize on it. That's class.

However, the MSM is MUCH more interested in blaming the right wing, Republicans, Sarah Palin, Glen Beck, etc.for the shooting, despite that it is coming out that the shooter was a "left wing pothead" according to one of his classmates. The meme of "It's Sarah Palin's fault' is far moree appealing to a lefty MSM than the meme of "It's ATS;s fault." Nobody even knows what ATS is.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

edit on 10-1-2011 by gandhi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I prefer to think of it as 1.) setting an example for the worthless mainstream media and 2.) luring them into a trap of their own making

And despite some of the usual, we and ATS have done a pretty good job of keeping it real.

edit on 1/10/2011 by ~Lucidity because: i forgot italics....

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'd rather take all this media attention and use it to give a positive message to those outside the ATS. I mean we have already seen, with the recent surge in new members, the mindset of some people.TO me however it is disturbing.(And if you are wondering, I was lurking on ATS long before I joined as a member.)

Oh and by the way you say that we are being drawn into a media trap, but that could also be taken as you drawing us into a trap into seeing your message. Good job!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I have been on ATS for a while and it comes as no suprise that this has happened, due to the size and the popularity of this site it was only a matter of time before some nutcase came on and then carried out something shocking. As the previous ops have said ATS has handled it very well and shown that this sick bastard received nothing but taunts and suggestions that he seek medical assistance. Case closed if you ask me

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
What's strange is I remember that introduction from SkinRipper, it was around the same time I posted my introduction. I found it strange for someone to post something that open... what's strange is that nothing he said added up... that's my two cents on that.

However, I agree that ATS have done a good job of handling this topic. Remember it's not the first time some nut-job has visited this site.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I had lengthy discussions with SkinRipper in his introduction

He said he had no empathy, are you implying he has something to do with this?

Or just that those "type" of people are around this site

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
I had lengthy discussions with SkinRipper in his introduction

He said he had no empathy, are you implying he has something to do with this?

Or just that those "type" of people are around this site

Are you kidding me? Read the second sentence under the "An example" heading.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rexusdiablos

I see your point and agree but, with the nature of this site being what it is if the media do get it in their sights I'm sure they can find enough damaging quotes to make us sound like we are what ever they want us to sound like and if they dont find the perfect quote they can just log on and post it themselves.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Been catching up on news from many sources over the last few hours. Not a word about Loughner being part of any group. The FBI has stated they do NOT believe he had an accomplice or was part of any group or organization. He last posted here months ago and even when he did post it was not enough to mention.

A hand full of dishonest political types tried to use it as part of their tactic to divide and conquer. Everyone knows they are phonies and a bit nutty themselves so harm there.

I think in the end, ATS will play no part in this story other than what is happening here. What will be the story is how the Partisan Hacks try and use it to their own advantage as some have already, sickeningly done. I can't imagine what kind of person does that, but they are.

In the end, a young man had a classic, textbook psychotic break at the exact right age when this usually happens. The Congresswoman and her event just happened to be the target he chose. He showed no sign of there being any political motivation. Sometimes things really are as they seem.

If there is any up side to this, it is that it will expose some more examples of dishonest discourse by sociopathic politicians.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hmm I havent been watching.. been goofing off
They sid yesterday there was a 50 or so year old man who was an accomplice. Was this another media BS report and its been proven false.. or what?

I agree.. typical shooter. He pulled the trigger himself. Let him reap the consequences and every person ( including Westboro church) who supports this reap them as well. I dont have time or patience for murderers or their supporters.

Also, I read skin rippers intro as well when he first signed up.. he was an attention whore and nothing more or less.. he didnt even know what a psychopath was... even the most basic or simple text book psychobabble explanation. Not really anyone to be concerned with IMO. Ive seen people on here Id question much more than that little fellow who obviously watches too much TV.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I have been on ATS for a while and it comes as no suprise that this has happened, due to the size and the popularity of this site it was only a matter of time before some nutcase came on and then carried out something shocking. As the previous ops have said ATS has handled it very well and shown that this sick bastard received nothing but taunts and suggestions that he seek medical assistance. Case closed if you ask me

Just wanna say that taunts are not helpful at all. If someone is not well balanced, taunts are pretty much guaranteed to wind them up even more. And, more generally, taunts are a really crass and unkind way to communicate.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Message to the MSM:

I understand you are intimidated into being the mouthpiece of your handlers, but when, oh when are you going to wake up and start doing your proper job of reporting the truth? Even now you are fuelling the rage between Left and Right when you know very well the whole concept of two parties is an utter fiction, and the present debate has as its purpoe to stir up division and hatred. To lie, and even to stay silent about the truth, makes you too complicit in the bloodshed. The country is in dire need of brave, honest reporters who act in the interest of the citizens instead of the mafia in charge. Together we are strong.

edit on 10-1-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good, at this time, I have included on many threads my personal site. I also have many references to my name in many points here and there.

This has ALWAYS been the point of the government, to attempt to take everyone out of the dark or out from behind their avatars.

Problem is, I have had about 100 different avatars in my time on the net. Funny thing is, I have gotten to the top of many searches on the google.

I bet they would wish they would know who I am. I am ME. I am the ConstitutionalLiberatarian.co.cc

Peeps, they want you to be afraid. Yes, anonymity helps but it also hurts. When I first joined in many places, I was told to be anonymous. But with anonymity comes one problem, we have no power.

By the way, even though I have come out behind the cloak, I still use 100's of avatars. Freedom of thought cannot be controlled. By the way OP, you can assume one thing and one thing only, that fear means something. Problem is there is NO FEAR.

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

By the way, how bout investigating me there folks. I am a wackjob that believes in Constitutional law and everything that comes from that. I am someone that you should go after. Come get me.

Anyway, you have one thing to fear folks, your own life.

Let me ask you, do you want your life to be controlled, directed, sustained? How bout your children? Do you want them to be tagged, controlled, enslaved? Pffft, the time is right.

It is all relative. 3611 Hoover baby!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join