It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a misconception about 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hi all.

Suppose all we know about 2012 is wrong?!

I "stupidly" tried to look at a few 2012 Aztec sites. Stupid me. i was overwhelmed by all of the data and numbers...numbers...numbers, and somewhat conflicting Ideas as to what the year 2012 *is*!

So i tried to give "Internet credence" to my intuitive suspicion. I wanted to see what 2012 will bring, but my only way to Know this is to look at the LAST TIME a major "rollover" of the calender happened.

they divide the great cycle into "Baktans" of about 365 to 400 years each.

yet other sites write about the Bhatan rollover about 1519 when the first Spaniards appeared. that is nearly 500 years ago! not 400.

I guess we all need a "target date" and 2012 was Chosen to be so.

but what if nothing super-major happens in 2011 or 2012?

well, suppose the S hits the fan *after* 2012?! like in 2013 onward.

there are some Amazing 2012 sites out there, many with rich graphics and a LOT of text and links and often whole sentences in "Caps"!
-a veritable snowflake blizzard of data and opinions!

*which* one is real?!

freestone

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freestonew

im not a huge fan of prophecys but i have to admit that the mayan one intregues me, i dont think it going to be "the end" but i do think we are going to have some tough times and a bumpy road ahead of us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I'd like to know what made you think that it hits 2013 instead. I personally have run into some information that makes me think the same thing.

It's starting to look like February 26, 2013 imo.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I don't have any factual evidence to prove it but the optimist in me believes that we'll enter into something new and different and not the chaos that some people predict happening. Even if we had the answer, and there was nothing we could do about it, would it make a difference?

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by freestonew

Suppose all we know about 2012 is wrong?!

All that a lot of people claim to "know" about 2012 is wrong. No supposing required.

they divide the great cycle into "Baktans" of about 365 to 400 years each.

Not to be a spelling Nazi, but it's baktuns.

I guess we all need a "target date" and 2012 was Chosen to be so.

2012 is not a "target date." It is the end of the thirteenth baktun per the Meso-American Long-Count calendar -- which, per its name, is a relatively straightforward count of days from a given starting point (in this case the date of creation per Mayan mythology).

but what if nothing super-major happens in 2011 or 2012?

well, suppose the S hits the fan *after* 2012?! like in 2013 onward.

The "S" will probably hit the fan at some point in the future, as it has done repeatedly in the past. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a hundred years. That doesn't mean whatever vague, potential event we're talking about has anything to do with the Maya or their Long-Count calendar.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
2011-2012 and beyond we are going to see an increase in disasters.
As far as the end of things NO!

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

2012 is a detour which the elites have established, why because a trigger event which wakes up the consciousness of every human being happens in this universe and comes after that cataclysmic event. Thats why tptb kills every human being and trap their souls, so that they don't experience that liberating event. But there are always few survivors who break free of birth death cycle. You can read my views on this thread:

New Ice Age Movie Depicts 2012 Crustal Shift Scenario ! The Evil Agenda Behind 2012.,

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by 19rn50
2011-2012 and beyond we are going to see an increase in disasters.

And your evidence for this claim is...?

new topics

top topics

join