It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Ok Chaos, so are you saying all abduction scenerios are inconclusive? Aliens being beings from space themselves are inconclusive?

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by guohua

We should prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Great advice for everything in life, not just fictional alien visitors, lol.

However, I can't imagine if aliens are physical beings that have learned through years and years of evolution to traverse the EXTREME distances of space that they would be hostile. Heck, even if they needed supplies or something there would be no need to get them from a planet that has sentient life on it. There are billions of planets in the universe that probably have plenty of raw materials and basic wildlife (not sentient) that they could stop at in order to "refuel". There would be no need to expose themselves to the inherent and unpredictable circumstances that they would encounter trying to take over a planet of sentient beings just for camping supplies.

It's called common sense, reason and logic....using it from time to time comes in handy.

totally agree.
to me, either they wouldn't care about us (those type of aliens are probably millions or billions or years older and already have friendships with other types of aliens that are also millions or billions of years older. their technology is so advanced they can terraform planets and perhaps create stars or whatever that they wouldn't need are planet)
they would care about us (because we could be the first aliens they met... these type of aliens would be hundreds or thousands of years older than us)

also aliens don't have to have the same types of emotions as us... hell there could be emotions that are unknown to us.

or negative Nancy's could be right and aliens would spend trillions of alien dollars to blow up or rape are planet that is light years away. my question to the Nancy's is, why wouldn't they do that with the planets around their star?

edit on 14-1-2011 by zptramel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by zptramel

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by guohua

We should prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Great advice for everything in life, not just fictional alien visitors, lol.

However, I can't imagine if aliens are physical beings that have learned through years and years of evolution to traverse the EXTREME distances of space that they would be hostile. Heck, even if they needed supplies or something there would be no need to get them from a planet that has sentient life on it. There are billions of planets in the universe that probably have plenty of raw materials and basic wildlife (not sentient) that they could stop at in order to "refuel". There would be no need to expose themselves to the inherent and unpredictable circumstances that they would encounter trying to take over a planet of sentient beings just for camping supplies.

It's called common sense, reason and logic....using it from time to time comes in handy.

totally agree.
to me, either they wouldn't care about us (those type of aliens are probably millions or billions or years older and already have friendships with other types of aliens that are also millions or billions of years older. their technology is so advanced they can terraform planets and perhaps create stars or whatever that they wouldn't need are planet)
they would care about us (because we could be the first aliens they met... these type of aliens would be hundreds or thousands of years older than us)

also aliens don't have to have the same types of emotions as us... hell there could be emotions that are unknown to us.

or negative Nancy's could be right and aliens would spend trillions of alien dollars to blow up or rape are planet that is light years away. my question to the Nancy's is, why wouldn't they do that with the planets around their star?

edit on 14-1-2011 by zptramel because: (no reason given)

How would you feel if someone took this belief of yours and said it was a load of fluff because you simply cannot prove this. Then be more accepting with others who have experiences with 'aliens' that have proven themselves to be demonic.

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I am highly suspicious of such studies. Yes, if we look at our own history as mankind and how we treated people we deemed to be inferior to our superior civilization, there is certainly reason to be concerned. Hell, even a friendly meeting with a benevolent ET might kill us, just because through shaking hands, for example, we might catch a deadly virus that is harmless to them, because they have antibodies and are immune. (Happened to many Native Americans in the past, some quite by chance and then of course once the white man found out, some perished via infected blankets and foods traded or given to them as charity.) However, ETs are not us; they will most certainly have evolved in similar conditions to ours or even in completely different conditions. We just don't know. I am pretty confident, they will not eat us, though even that is a possibility. Once you speculate about matters like that "anything is possible, but not everything is probable".
edit on 14/1/2011 by WalterRatlos because: Grammar and spelling

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It's fair to say probably everyone on here has been planning for a possible disclosure for a number of years now. We all know our world will be turned upside down upon hearing of the official news and society will probably change, but the ones that will suffer are those who fail to believe in everything and those who have not researched this topic enough.

Tough luck for them! WE ARE READY!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

i actually think war and progress go together,i'm not saying its right or wrong but most big steps in technology seem to have came from us wanting to kill each other.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This is really getting me furious. Every thread I've read so far on ATS about Extra-Terrestrials, someone is always talking about how they could be hostile. People really don't understand. To everyone thats reading this right now, Extra-Terrestrials are 110% non-hostile. If they want resources, theres about 300 Sextillions stars in the universe (Or even more) with planets orbiting them. They DO NOT NEED TO DESTROY HUMANITY in order to get there resources. They'll simply move on to another planet. When your talking about an advanced alien race, you have to think outside the box. Any civilization that can travel to other star systems for resources doesn't need to interfere with another race when they could just move on to another star system in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

There is one thing you are forgetting.

What is the one thing on planet earth that is found nowhere else in the universe?
Answer: Humans

This explains why they are abducting humans for DNA sampling.

Our government allows them to do this in exchange for technology (space craft) since 1954

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MonteroReal

I hadn't thought of that

I see it like this; if they were the Borg then we would have been 'assimilated' years ago.
They seem to ve very interested in us, our culture, our DNA. I suspect the cow thing has to do with collecting specific amino acids etc to aid in genetic experiments, these substances they could maybe reproduce only with a huge lab complex-which you don't have on your ship

Evidence-if you can call it that-would suggest that there are several alien races around, some working together & some hostile ones. Further evidence would suggest that there are aliens fighting for or against us-each for their own reasons.
It could be because we are on the brink of evolving from a so-called type 0 civilisation to a type 1, or becoming aware of our surroundings, interplanetary travel, & formal ET contact (which many claim has happened already)
Type 2 races-such as greys-are the Worker races, given common tasks such as monitoring potential type 1's (us) and general star system housekeeping.
Mutual cooperation is the only way forward, but at the same time i don't think it wise to welcome them with open arms & say 'here, take my genes'--at this point, they may remove your trousers

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The issue of "if they are less advanced than us or equal" is a non issue.
If that was the case, they wouldn't be here, we don't know how to travel the great distances involved.

That only leaves those that are more advanced than us. Now ask yourself this question.
"What is found on earth that can not be found anywhere else in the universe?"

The answer of course is humans, and perhaps other life forms found on planet Earth. Minerals can be located in many places, energy, I am sure they have more than enough or they wouldn't have been able to get here in the first place.

There are many planets in the universe, scientists have now identified over 500 systems with at least one planet and many with several. So raw materials will not be the issue.

But a planet with life teeming literally everywhere on the surface are probaly rare.

Life is the reason they are visiting planet Earth, not minerals or resources.

If you think otherwise I would love to hear your arguments.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danstew
The issue of "if they are less advanced than us or equal" is a non issue.
If that was the case, they wouldn't be here, we don't know how to travel the great distances involved.

That only leaves those that are more advanced than us. Now ask yourself this question.
"What is found on earth that can not be found anywhere else in the universe?"

The answer of course is humans, and perhaps other life forms found on planet Earth. Minerals can be located in many places, energy, I am sure they have more than enough or they wouldn't have been able to get here in the first place.

There are many planets in the universe, scientists have now identified over 500 systems with at least one planet and many with several. So raw materials will not be the issue.

But a planet with life teeming literally everywhere on the surface are probably rare.

Life is the reason they are visiting planet Earth, not minerals or resources.

If you think otherwise I would love to hear your arguments.

Humans could very well exist on other planets and we just don't know anything about it... but still, you may have a point about this interest in DNA. Maybe they are looking for something specific or maybe they are concerned with our DNA as some have suggested for along time- for the purposes of evolving it. I mean seriously, how did we come from chimps? I'm not saying we didn't but it's almost like someone preened upon the DNA to bring certain things out of us...like beauty, talent and hopefully one day wisdom

Kinda like dog breeders who are also master in genetic science. If you were that, wouldn't you be picking up some of your litters of animals and studying them- testing them but not necessarily being specific about what you are looking for because maybe you don't know yet. Like looking for mistakes or something you could make better.... looking for the balance of good attributes. Have you ever noticed how even problems with genes can produces positives in other aspects. I have an aunt who has down syndrome. Unlike some with down syndrome she is mentally handicapped so there are a lot of thing she can't do but like so many people with down syndrome, she has a very innocent heart with this odd wisdom that makes you think of both child and old soul.
If there is truth to that being so common, it makes that anomaly very important. Understanding those people could be a key in understanding the good aspects of humans. Other anomalies as well, along with all types of variations.

Maybe it's not a bad thing at all.... or maybe they are looking for specific things and maybe to understand that we would need to know more about their history and the things that have happened to them to understand the complicated issue of why they would be looking for something among us.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
people say that for aliens to be able to travel the distance required they must have superior technology and there for why would they be intrested in a primative world like ours with less technolical advances than their own.

what if just for a second, we imagine they havent reached a much higher technological age than us, just their homeworld was screwed so they were forced to leave thair planet. a select few memebers of their planet looking for a new home. wouldnt our governments do the same??

traveling and pro-creating in space a new generation of non planet born beings would evolve searching for a new home and suddenly come across earth.

the rest could be the future.
as i have seen from this would intelligent beings are unintelligent enough to destroy their own habitat (eater island for exmaple).

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
did anyone consider that in order to even accomplish space travel let alone intergalactic travel that these beings know what we know and beyond by learning? with that being said the "least smart" in a "ugly looking" species that is traveling through space is probably at least 100x smarter than steven hawking? with that being said beings with higher intelligence would probably have survived their own internal wars and as they got smarter they probably slowed down, evolved mentally and managed to succeed which is something we will need to do if we are even to survive let alone get off of this planet. higher intelligence is nothing to fear however lower intelligence such as the gang mentality in urban cities scares me much more. thats basically how we look to these ETs in my opinion
edit on 18-1-2011 by PrizM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrizM
did anyone consider that in order to even accomplish space travel let alone intergalactic travel that these beings know what we know and beyond by learning? with that being said the "least smart" in a "ugly looking" species that is traveling through space is probably at least 100x smarter than steven hawking? with that being said beings with higher intelligence would probably have survived their own internal wars and as they got smarter they probably slowed down, evolved mentally and managed to succeed which is something we will need to do if we are even to survive let alone get off of this planet. higher intelligence is nothing to fear however lower intelligence such as the gang mentality in urban cities scares me much more. thats basically how we look to these ETs in my opinion
edit on 18-1-2011 by PrizM because: (no reason given)

right, look at all the morons in the world and the desperation among our own species before we start talking about how other people don't have souls.

I'll be surprised if this forum let's me submit this. It's being a damn commie the last two days.
acting like an old broke ass piece of crap freebie forum is what it's doing.

posted on Jan, 18 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Why be "wary" of space visitors? If they got the ability to come here with a substantial force, then they obviously got the power to take over a world of hairless monkeys quite easily!

No need panicking about that which is outside of your control, as my papa used to say.
edit on 18-1-2011 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
The way I see it is the UFO-mystery is the biggest mystery there ever was and you just can't know whether ET's are visiting us or not, you just can't know, as there is no solid evidence on behalf of yes or no. But if a race exists that is visiting us, and not harming us, they must be good. Way deeper in understanding of love than us inspeccably cruel humans.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

I beg to differ! You are for rolling over belly up like a puppy? Take a lesson from the Afghans, they held off the much advanced Soviets, they are holding off the Americans, with low tech and pure grit of heart. This is OUR planet! There are 6 billion of us! The sky is their world, the Earth is our domain. Of course if we fight them head to head we will loose most battles, although many many human fighter jets have downed UFO's over the last 70 years. The Vietcong fought us Americans to a standstill...I dont ever EVER want to hear another human say we dont have a chance. YOU SIR MUST BE AN ALIEN PLANT SPREADING DISINFORMATION. Telling humans we dont stand a chance...please, as long as they are not genuine God's they can die just like everything else in the universe. We draw them into ground combat and hit them hard with gureilla tactics. It may be a prolonged battle but they will never get all of us. If you have faith in Earth, Faith in the power of our World, Humanity will prevail.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PrizM

Being older and having more technology doesn't make them smarter at all. I have met many many an old 75 year olod man that was an idiot with a Lambo or other fancy car, and many many a 12 year old kid on a bike that was super intelligent. Telepathy, technology, and age doesnt make them any better than us, only more experienced...we are as smart as them...even smarter because we are not a hive mind and bring 6 billion different viewpoints to all problems. We are just young, but give a child an AK-47 in Africa...arm him teach him...he can hold his own with any hardened 40 year old soldier. That is what we are, and they are deathly afraid of us. We are the 800 pound gorillias of the galaxy. Our saving grace IS our violence, our willingness to kill and fight to the death. Im sure these ET's havent been in true hand to hand or ground combat in the last 30,000 years + they are rusty as hell and rely 100% on their tech...i.e. imobilizing people during abductions why? because we will beat the crap out of them...for them dealing with us is the same as us sedating a lion or tiger in the wild...They are NO BETTER THAN US...anyone who thinks humans dont stand a chance is a traitor to our species and our world...there is ALWAYS a chance.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

I believe once a race has the technology to manipulate or control any form of matter, having the heart of the Afghan's won't save you.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join