It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I cant see why they may be resource hungry there are plenty of uninhabited planets to pillage and I bet they have free energy systems in place

I'd have to agree here. On Earth, wars are fought for the control of resources. To a species with the capability of interstellar travel, that is no longer a concern. There are plenty of uninhabited worlds, asteroids, moons, etc. with the resources they need.

There'd be no reason or gain to be had from warring with another, planet-bound race that isn't in competition for those same resources.

Maybe. But just as many people here mention, human beings would continue to explore and expand throughout the universe even if we didn't exactly need anything. We're an exploring bunch. And the simple act of exploration and expansion usually necessitates exploitation of local resources, which the local species might not want us to do. Hey, if an alien species needed to eat living brains to survive, that might cause a bit of a problem, even if they didn't intentionally mean us any harm.

Another reason why an alien race might visit is to spread the word of the wonderfulness of their god. That's why missionaries and other types of wandering humans did some of the secondary exploration. Unfortunately for us, if they determine that the best way for us to experience the wonderfulness of their god is for us to die and meet him/her/it in person, then we'd be pretty screwed.

So there are a few reasons -- searching for resources, pure exploration, and good old proselytizing -- that might potentially bring us into contact with an alien race and ultimately hand us the short end of the stick.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by guohua

I did research on UFO's for over 20 years.These
are my feelings towards the phenomena...
1.They are real
2.They are not friendly
3.They are not extraterrestrial,but interdimensional
4.They want to enslave our population
5.They want to kill off a great portion of our population as well
6.They are underground
This "space brother" attitude will get a lot of people killed!

1) I agree with. Many are likely explainable or hoaxes, but about 5-10% are truly unidentified & not of this Earth.
2) Yet to be determined. From what I have seen, people do far worse things to other people/animals than any alien has supposedly done to a man. Any time a being travels trillions of miles away to interact with a man, I'm sure it's not to do anything that's pointless simply just to harm them.
3) Likely they are both.
4) If they did, they would have done it long ago & especially before the development of atomic weapons.
5) This is probable. There are UFOs sighted b4 major natural disasters (Tsunami of 04 that killed 250,000) & Iceland volcano, 2010. But it's just as likely they know the disaster will occur before it does. So monitor it (time is not linear). There are records of UFOs going back to even Alexander the Great & earlier of them being around Volcanoes or even observing human wars & sometimes intervening (search "Alexander, UFOs").
6) There indeed are anomalous underground structures. Under the ocean too (Dragon's Triangle/Bermuda) with strange electromagnetic & geothermal readings (& eyewitnesses stating seeing UFOs coming from mountains or underground/ocean).

"Space brother" attitude is the best to approach them with, imo. If they were hostile and wanted a "war of the worlds" it would be over in a matter of minutes. It wouldn't be a war, it would be a massacre. These are people from other worlds that have been visiting here for likely thousands of years (looking back at ancient Indian texts and Sumerian etc--which are things the Nazis & Vril took very seriously & learned from to further advance their technology--even Herman Oberth and Verner Von Braun admitted to either "being helped by people from other worlds" directly or from the ancient texts).

According to a Mayan Elder (www.youtube.com...) 2012 simply represents the "return of the men of wisdom". This same theme can be seen in many religions/ancient cultures (Hopi & their Pahana, Sumeria, China's first legendary emperor with the promise to return & several ancient south American 'gods'). Actually, according to the Sumerian & Aztecs, we owe them for our gift of intelligence and sentience (which they put their genes into the stupid hominids living here--thus why no "missing link" is to ever be found). Should be thankful, if that's the case.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: grammar

Again, all good points. However, I dont recall any lives lost to the Iceland volcano. Perhaps I missed something? I rather feel that a benevolent species will be the most advanced and will be very interested in seeing to our continued well being.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
Again, all good points. However, I dont recall any lives lost to the Iceland volcano. Perhaps I missed something? I rather feel that a benevolent species will be the most advanced and will be very interested in seeing to our continued well being.

The point was they were there before natural disasters. Ones that killed and that did not. Therefore it can be deductively concluded they likely are not causing it for reasons to harm humans, but simply monitoring it (or maybe causing it for a reason we cannot fathom, but imo no). You are safe in your assumption, yes.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: lol

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Here's a theory I've not seen posted in regards to alian abductions and taking samples of our DNA. Perhaps they are storing human DNA in the event that we destroy ourselves. They could then re introduce the human race and our kind will not be eleminated from the universal community. Further proving that we are a valuable species.

Maybe. But to do that, all they'd have to do these days is download a digital copy of the human genome from the online database. Before that, they could have just dug around in our graves, or our poop, for it. Same difference. It's the data that would be important, not the greasy physicality of a complete human being. If you can travel between the stars, cooking up a human being from a recipe and a batch of chemicals would probably be relatively easy.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

I cant see why they may be resource hungry there are plenty of uninhabited planets to pillage and I bet they have free energy systems in place

I'd have to agree here. On Earth, wars are fought for the control of resources. To a species with the capability of interstellar travel, that is no longer a concern. There are plenty of uninhabited worlds, asteroids, moons, etc. with the resources they need.

There'd be no reason or gain to be had from warring with another, planet-bound race that isn't in competition for those same resources.

Maybe. But just as many people here mention, human beings would continue to explore and expand throughout the universe even if we didn't exactly need anything. We're an exploring bunch. And the simple act of exploration and expansion usually necessitates exploitation of local resources, which the local species might not want us to do. Hey, if an alien species needed to eat living brains to survive, that might cause a bit of a problem, even if they didn't intentionally mean us any harm.

Another reason why an alien race might visit is to spread the word of the wonderfulness of their god. That's why missionaries and other types of wandering humans did some of the secondary exploration. Unfortunately for us, if they determine that the best way for us to experience the wonderfulness of their god is for us to die and meet him/her/it in person, then we'd be pretty screwed.

So there are a few reasons -- searching for resources, pure exploration, and good old proselytizing -- that might potentially bring us into contact with an alien race and ultimately hand us the short end of the stick.

I am curious why you feel that exploration and expansion would nesessitate exploitation of any resources?

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Because to expand & explore you would need resources to do so. The two go hand in hand.

Imagining I am a super advanced being though, there would be no interest in Earth to collect resources. There's meteors, comets, uninhabitable planets etc. for resources that don't have anyone willing to fight over them (I'm assuming) & given their raw forms would be much easier to mine/harness. Actually a few months ago I read something about "UFOs mining Saturn's rings" (1996). These ships had the diameter of the Earth (if they indeed were ships, which they looked like they were).

Edit: site about that + photos www.alien-ufos.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: Added a link

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
WHAT IFF

Thay have evolved beyond the physical, and are like some interdimensional buddhists concearned only with the spirit and soul?
What iff thay are just waiting (patiently) to meet us on the next plane of unconditional love, cosmic awareness and harmony,,

just what iff

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
WHAT IFF

Thay have evolved beyond the physical, and are like some interdimensional buddhists concearned only with the spirit and soul?
What iff thay are just waiting (patiently) to meet us on the next plane of unconditional love, cosmic awareness and harmony,,

just what iff

That would be cute if so^^. I'm positive non-human sentient beings are far more spiritual/psychic than humans &, imo, this 2012 "return" is them coming back to guide us in that respect. A Tibetan Monk even said this. Let's hope that's the case, cuz humans are headed off a cliff otherwise.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The point was they were there before natural disasters. Ones that killed and that did not. Therefore it can be deductively concluded they likely are not causing it for reasons to harm humans, but simply monitoring it (or maybe causing it for a reason we cannot fathom, but imo no). You are safe in your assumption, yes.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: lol

I think ,based on known physics, that these people (beings) are capable of working with the curvature of space to facilitate travel over thousands of light years. If they have conqured that kind of control they are probably capable of time travel using the same physics. If they are capabel of time travel they might well know about natural disasters well in advance of their occurance. Reminds me of a scifi story I read years ago about humans who traveled back in time to experience (from a safe distance) natural disasters they knew about from their history. Just for grins and giggles...kind of like a cosmic amusement park! Their version of the roller coaster.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If you are interested in time, here's an article you'd enjoy. www.dailymail.co.uk...

Humans can sense (presentiment) on average about 3-4 seconds before something occurs. More evolved beings probably can sense thousands of years ahead of time...Or perhaps even a trained human. This seems to be a vestigial ability now, but that we once had (e.g. oracles/prophets of the ancient times).

PS to have a ship that can travel beyond the speed of light, it would also be considered a time machine anyway. Time is relative (not constant) & the faster you go, the slower times effects are (also works with gravity. The higher gravitational force there is, the 'slower' time goes).

Oh, good show, I think I remember that one.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: o

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Here's a theory I've not seen posted in regards to alian abductions and taking samples of our DNA. Perhaps they are storing human DNA in the event that we destroy ourselves. They could then re introduce the human race and our kind will not be eleminated from the universal community. Further proving that we are a valuable species.

Maybe. But to do that, all they'd have to do these days is download a digital copy of the human genome from the online database. Before that, they could have just dug around in our graves, or our poop, for it. Same difference. It's the data that would be important, not the greasy physicality of a complete human being. If you can travel between the stars, cooking up a human being from a recipe and a batch of chemicals would probably be relatively easy.

Huh? download a copy of the human genome? That would give them data but no actual DNA. Plus with collecting from a broad range of people they would be sure to get all the different physical attributes mankind posesses thereby assuring the diversity we know in our race today. If I were going to collect samples of DNA I think I'd rather get it from a live donor than from cadavers or worse yet poop! Wouldnt that result in a race of with a $hitty outlook on life??? LOL.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Because to expand & explore you would need resources to do so. The two go hand in hand.

Imagining I am a super advanced being though, there would be no interest in Earth to collect resources. There's meteors, comets, uninhabitable planets etc. for resources that don't have anyone willing to fight over them (I'm assuming) & given their raw forms would be much easier to mine/harness. Actually a few months ago I read something about "UFOs mining Saturn's rings" (1996). These ships had the diameter of the Earth (if they indeed were ships, which they looked like they were).

Edit: site about that + photos www.alien-ufos.com...
edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: Added a link
I agree we would need resources but my question went to exploiting the resources of another planet. Wouldnt we be smart enough to "fill the tank" before we left home???

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kera1337
WHAT IFF

just what iff

That would be cute if so^^. I'm positive non-human sentient beings are far more spiritual/psychic than humans &, imo, this 2012 "return" is them coming back to guide us in that respect. A Tibetan Monk even said this. Let's hope that's the case, cuz humans are headed off a cliff otherwise.

If there is anything at all to "group consciousness" there is a group on here which includes yourself and me and a few others who 'feel' certain that this would be their primary reason for contacting us. To teach us how to participate in the conscious creation of the universe. Fear mongers aside this scenario makes so much more sense than, they want to collect and enslave us, they want our DNA to bolster their failing populations, they want us dead and to overtake our precious little blue planet. None of which makes sense for a highly advanced civilization.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hi Karen:

@"filling up before leaving home" they may want to establish moon or planetary colonies. In which case, using resources in the general location of said colony is most logical. It's very likely there's many diff species all at the intergalactic level, so they build them not just for themselves but for everyone.

Yes, consciousness is quite powerful. Double Slit tests, Washington DC meditation experiment and other things clearly indicate it has a quantum power to it that can affect the physical universe. Getting us back in touch with our spiritual/psychic side would for sure improve this world & prevent it from going off that cliff I mentioned. The Tibetan Monk said essentially that the future lies not in technology but in the development of the spirit and realization we are all one being, representing the concept of God.

You are right about the fear mongering. Not as though we'd have a choice. If aliens wanted to come enslave us, they could do it in a heart beat anyway. No point to worry about something like that (besides the fact it's not logical). It's possible ETs don't want anything to do with us because if we can't even get along with other humans (wars, terrorism, murders, prejudice, racism etc.) then how can we possibly accept something that's an entirely diff species (or humans from other worlds)? Doesn't seem likely at all. Not to mention, there's nothing we can offer a Type II or Type III civ. It would be like a mouse offering something to you. We need to grow up, as a species, before being fully accepted. Hopefully this 2012 thing will be a guiding hand.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: oh

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Yep, our own history of expansion and exploration was done strictly FOR the purpose of gaining resources. (slaves, gold, spices, trade routes, etc.). They didn't just do it for the hell of it.

But, with all of space at your disposal, resources are a done deal...so no real reason for warfare.

At least, from a human perspective. And yes, I know I'll hear arguments about wars for religion, etc. It's bunk. It's always been about the money (resources). In ancient times, at least they didn't make any bones about it...it was always about plunder. The Crusades, you say? Yep, all about the money. Heck, many of them (there were more than nine of them) didn't even use the religious pretext at all, and just sacked and pillaged as they could.

It's possible ETs don't want anything to do with us because if we can't even get along with other humans (wars, terrorism, murders, prejudice, racism etc.) then how can we possibly accept something that's an entirely diff species (or humans from other worlds)?

Not a fair comparison. Here's why. Take a group of 10 people who generally get along well. Now, stick them in a small house (or even a big house) for a couple of months...and see how long they get along. However, if they had SPACE, and could interact with others, then a lot easier to get along, right? So, equate the house to our planet, and if they had more space (i.e. the rest of the galaxy or Universe), a lot less likely to be combative.

Even in the house example above, the fights will be about resources or duties. Just watch any reality show to see that proven.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If you are interested in time, here's an article you'd enjoy. www.dailymail.co.uk...

Humans can sense (presentiment) on average about 3-4 seconds before something occurs. More evolved beings probably can sense thousands of years ahead of time...Or perhaps even a trained human. This seems to be a vestigial ability now, but that we once had (e.g. oracles/prophets of the ancient times).

PS to have a ship that can travel beyond the speed of light, it would also be considered a time machine anyway. Time is relative (not constant) & the faster you go, the slower times effects are (also works with gravity. The higher gravitational force there is, the 'slower' time goes).

Oh, good show, I think I remember that one.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: o

I try not to get too esoteric in my posts because, well, because its not generally well recieved but in dealing with things like auras or our soul and its ability to transcend our outer boundries this ability does not seem so far fetched. In thinking about our reception of any data whether its sight or smell or touch, the actual smell or sight or feel in not inside our brains, it is merely our interpretation of these things based on data recieved via nerves. We get our info from electrical impulses within the brain so its highly possible that these electrical impulses can recieve data from sources other than the eyes, ears, nose or hands or mouth. Everyone has some degree of psychic ability. In a highly evolved alian this ability is probably as easily accessed as us opening our eyes. Its that natural to them.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Not a fair comparison. Here's why. Take a group of 10 people who generally get along well. Now, stick them in a small house (or even a big house) for a couple of months...and see how long they get along. However, if they had SPACE, and could interact with others, then a lot easier to get along, right? So, equate the house to our planet, and if they had more space (i.e. the rest of the galaxy or Universe), a lot less likely to be combative.

People on one side of the planet want to kill people on the opposite side that they never met, saw or even spoke to due to diff philosophical/religious views. There is a big problem there that isn't spatially motivated imo (I agree that many minor problems/arguments are e.g. neighbors). Put Al-Qaeda on another planet with super tech & they will still reek havoc on others, just on a larger & more destructive scale. People will continue to murder over petty crap like "she cheated on me" and will hold their prejudices (perhaps on a planetary level if we had more than 1 planet, e.g. Martians may not like Earthlings & may start even a planetary war). There is an innately intangible defects that exists in the essence of man, one bequeathing salvation from physical space/distance and instead residing inside each individual that needs to be worked out before being allowed more power than we can handle. I hope that's what "Judgement Day" is, if it indeed exists in our near future. The weeding out of certain mindsets & possible genetic predispositions towards such behavior. Perhaps physical space will hedge human behavior, but it alone can't change human nature (jmo).

There would be a great deal of fear with most encountering something vastly superior to themselves & a lvl of prejudice involved. It will be difficult to desensitize people enough to the idea of ETs because they will be fearful and when people get fearful they do brash and irrational acts (usually of violence).
edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: Added onto it

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I try not to get too esoteric in my posts because, well, because its not generally well recieved but in dealing with things like auras or our soul and its ability to transcend our outer boundries this ability does not seem so far fetched. In thinking about our reception of any data whether its sight or smell or touch, the actual smell or sight or feel in not inside our brains, it is merely our interpretation of these things based on data recieved via nerves. We get our info from electrical impulses within the brain so its highly possible that these electrical impulses can recieve data from sources other than the eyes, ears, nose or hands or mouth. Everyone has some degree of psychic ability. In a highly evolved alian this ability is probably as easily accessed as us opening our eyes. Its that natural to them.

It's ok, I'm not judgmental.

Here's a vid you'd probably like, tho maybe saw already.
www.youtube.com...

If thoughts have frequencies, then they can be registered and interpreted... and that also means the mind can be a possible receiver. Scientific prelude to telepathy.
edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Hi Karen:

@"filling up before leaving home" they may want to establish moon or planetary colonies. In which case, using resources in the general location of said colony is most logical. It's very likely there's many diff species all at the intergalactic level, so they build them not just for themselves but for everyone.

Yes, consciousness is quite powerful. Double Slit tests, Washington DC meditation experiment and other things clearly indicate it has a quantum power to it that can affect the physical universe. Getting us back in touch with our spiritual/psychic side would for sure improve this world & prevent it from going off that cliff I mentioned. The Tibetan Monk said essentially that the future lies not in technology but in the development of the spirit and realization we are all one being, representing the concept of God.

You are right about the fear mongering. Not as though we'd have a choice. If aliens wanted to come enslave us, they could do it in a heart beat anyway. No point to worry about something like that (besides the fact it's not logical). It's possible ETs don't want anything to do with us because if we can't even get along with other humans (wars, terrorism, murders, prejudice, racism etc.) then how can we possibly accept something that's an entirely diff species (or humans from other worlds)? Doesn't seem likely at all. Not to mention, there's nothing we can offer a Type II or Type III civ. It would be like a mouse offering something to you. We need to grow up, as a species, before being fully accepted. Hopefully this 2012 thing will be a guiding hand.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: oh

Hi yourself MasonicFantom!
You and I share some common beliefs. 1) that we are indeed all one being representing the concept of God. I feel we are actually co creators in our own existance and the existance of the universe. 2) our acceptance in the cosmic community is going to hinge on our ability to overcome our worst attributes. I like your analogy about the mouse offering anything of value. Actually there was a little mouse that lived in the wall at work and each night I'd leave a little snack near the hole just so I could see the little fella come out and snatch it. He contributed to my amusement while working! On the quantum level things get so wonkey. I am aware of the double slit experiment and Heisenburgs Indetermanency theory but not the Washington DC meditation experiment. I will google that. I am not very good with all the math but I LOVE quamtum physics and theory. Some spooky stuff as Einstein said!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

reply to post by karen61057

Yep, our own history of expansion and exploration was done strictly FOR the purpose of gaining resources. (slaves, gold, spices, trade routes, etc.). They didn't just do it for the hell of it.

But, with all of space at your disposal, resources are a done deal...so no real reason for warfare.

At least, from a human perspective. And yes, I know I'll hear arguments about wars for religion, etc. It's bunk. It's always been about the money (resources). In ancient times, at least they didn't make any bones about it...it was always about plunder. The Crusades, you say? Yep, all about the money. Heck, many of them (there were more than nine of them) didn't even use the religious pretext at all, and just sacked and pillaged as they could.

It's possible ETs don't want anything to do with us because if we can't even get along with other humans (wars, terrorism, murders, prejudice, racism etc.) then how can we possibly accept something that's an entirely diff species (or humans from other worlds)?

Even in the house example above, the fights will be about resources or duties. Just watch any reality show to see that proven.
edit on 12-1-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

I just have to watch my own family to know that's true. Thats real reality. LOL. Thats a good analogy you make. If theres no competition for space or resources theres no reason for warfare.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join