It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

I think probably it was just a poorly phrased post. I mean travel outside of our own solar system - or not even, just human space travel beyond a planet or 2 past our own would surely make for some interesting discoveries....
or not?

Here's something I didn't really think about before - why would we 'need' to leave our solar system in say the 100,000 years? as in what possible reason would justify it? I can't really think of any. If we terraformed mars - as it seems we might - we'd have 2 planets...surely it would be some time before we needed any others...

I guess that's the problem with my speculations...they never end!

-B.M

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

You are absolutely correct. They can get raw materials anywhere. That is not their primary interest in our world. They are collecting bio samples from across the animal and plant kingdoms. Each new bit of genetic material they acquire on Earth may be combined with their current data banks from across the galaxy for cross breeding. We ourselves as humans cross breed plants, animals, etc...do you think they are not doing this on a larger scale, that we ourselves even project with the progression of time? Imagine hybrid food from multiple worlds...it could ideally be the food crop to eliminate starvation. Although raw minerals can be acquired on many planets, bio-material is unique to each world, hence universally priceless. Think about the cattle mutilations, reports of cross breeding with humans, etc, scientifically if we can think of it, they've already done it a long time ago. Prepare yourself for bio-warfare. They won't be duking it out with us crazy primates head to head...they will loose. The recent attacks on birds, and fish, dying around the world are always species specific. They are testing their bio-weapon that can be tuned to any species genome. It's essentially like a dirty bomb, without the radiation or the need for reconstruction after the war. They will essentially be sniping us from a distance with bio lasers that will instantly liquify everyone's organs within their field of fire. Humans are about to start dropping dead all over the world...but they won't be able to stomp us all out, and the true resistance shall begin...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I can follow the theory presented by the OP but still have this in mind:

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Not only will we terraform Mars, we will colonize all of the rocky planets and planetiods, the many dozens of rocky and icy moons within our solar system. Not to mention the asteriod belt, there are literally billions of asteroids, many of the with sizable gravity, ideal as space stations. Humanity's solar population alone could easily grow to one trillion within several thousand years. Not to mention by that point we will have colonized many new star systems. They are afraid to let the human's out of the bottle...there will be no stopping us once we are fully space fairing.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

That actually sounds like a really big party that I'd love to be invited to one lifetime..

-B.M

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mentors17

My point was that they could have taken us out without a fight had they come even 75 years ago. Now ,well our weapons may or may not be powerful enough to do damage but we certainly can put up a fight that we could not have waged even 75 years ago.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

By then we might offer vacation packages to other planets. We might choose to travel to study or learn from other civilizations.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Whole other topic there but who says ghosts and demons are not real??? There have probably been as many pictures of ghosts as there are UFO's. The only thing I know for sure that doesnt exist is the money in my checking account LOL.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

When we're takling about distances of millions of light years having a life expectancy of 500 years is no better than our 76 years as far as what relatives would still be around when the trip was through. Their children and their childrens, childrens, children would still be dead.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I disagree with the notion that advanced species would be hostile, more so god-like in nature, meaning they would likely perform what we call modern abductions for genetic material of our species along with every animal/fish/plant on this planet along with virus/germ/bacteria.

These beings would have been doing this for a very long time, given their lifespans would likely be thousands of times longer than ours, so they would eventually have a codex of nature that they could use the genetic material to perhaps introduce specific species to different parts of the galaxy for their own agendas whatever they may be.

I think that hostility is only pertained to the less enlightened/advanced species of the universe because for every species they would have the same ages of advancement [stoneage/tribal/medevil/industrial/modern/whatevers next to come] that we follow and could be influenced to advance by alien species.

We have to remember that it is likely that life is rather rare, and intelligent life is perhaps even rarer, and what is their else to do when your species have mastered their planet by ridding themselves of slavery and currency with every inhabitant able to leave their planet at any time to travel the universe? I think it's likely they would take on a god-like duty, and would search for other species and positively influence them and protect them from outside threats from space/ecosystem. It's possible that they even are responsible for the religions of our modern world, if you've ever researched cargo cults you know that it is in the realm of possibility.

It's also possible that we are just 1 form of life in the universe [carbon based] there could be life that does not even seem possible to comprehend. There is just so much possibilities it boggles the mind.

I think the reason we are not in common contact with these beings are because we engage in the act of war therefor have not advanced morally and are not worthy of being in the presence of these beings. We must prove ourselves to them first before they show themselves to us.

When you're walking down the street and you're late for whatever, and you run into an anthill, do you stop and talk to them, or do you just walk past them without a second thought? It's very likely that they have zero reason to talk to us, or even disturb us.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

~~~ Begin Quote~~~
Here's something I didn't really think about before - why would we 'need' to leave our solar system in say the 100,000 years? as in what possible reason would justify it? I can't really think of any. If we terraformed mars - as it seems we might - we'd have 2 planets...surely it would be some time before we needed any others...
~~~End Quote~~~
That reason is why I think aliens will never be hostile for resources, because we have everything we need in our own solar system.

There are reasons to leave our solar system you can think about, if we can fly around the solar system like its nothing and when we can go to other stars, the day we can do it, we will. The curiosity we have is a natural one that we are evolving technologically to explore, one day we will be searching for other life to learn more about mother nature. People like me in the future with the technology to explore the cosmos will do so for the knowledge that is unknown.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Bob Down Under

My husband and I always laugh when in a movie about aliens they show something that looks more like an octopus than a person. All arms and teeth but no thumbs or fingers and we ask. How did they ever build a spacecraft never mid how do they fly it! I think for any kind of space travel to be possible bilateral developement is required. or at least opposable thumbs.

Thats quite possible as most of the accounts on the Roswell bodys and a few others mention slender thumbs but six fingers and other accounts of sucker like appendages on the fingers of other supposed recovered bodys.

Now back tracking to thier craft it seems common that they use part of the hull that can be turned transparent for external viewing along with holographic information regarding the terrain and viewing perspective.

I believe the craft are made not by hands on methods but simular to an automated senario and to put it in laymans terms actualy metallurgy grown in a way so that all components are as one and no wiring is needed due to some kind of structured communication pathways with in the crafts structural material.

Reports are that there are no seems on the hulls and the internal fittings, controls as such seem to be moulded as one in to the main internal structure.

As for navigation and actualy flying the craft may be they use something simular to a very advanced auto pilot/gps system as pass through star systems and for manual control may be some kind of neuro link to the flight controls as in not pushing buttons etc.

Just a thought

edit on 11/1/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

Very interesting theory on how they would develope and operate a craft. That would be way cool. But I still think that to get to the point where they could develope technology that could be neurally controlled would require some hands on at one point in their evolution. You know, to make the original machines that would later develope into the machines you describe, I think they would need hands. Perhaps a race could develope so far in advance of anything that we know that these beings could be nothing but energy with no physical bodies to speak of.
edit on 12-1-2011 by karen61057 because: tee hee

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Originally posted by guohua

Hi, karen61057.
Thank You for Contributing to the thread and I'm not Slamming You,,, Hell, You could be Right,, Same as the other people that Contributed,
I Thank You All......

Your welcome! I take MasterCard or Visa

Last I checked I was the only Karen61057 so you must be the "you all" part of the thank you above. LOL. I on the other hand will offer my drivel on this subject for free!
edit on 12-1-2011 by karen61057 because: that's for me to know and you to find out. LOL. Really- spelling...again...

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I cant see why they may be resource hungry there are plenty of uninhabited planets to pillage and I bet they have free energy systems in place

I'd have to agree here. On Earth, wars are fought for the control of resources. To a species with the capability of interstellar travel, that is no longer a concern. There are plenty of uninhabited worlds, asteroids, moons, etc. with the resources they need.

There'd be no reason or gain to be had from warring with another, planet-bound race that isn't in competition for those same resources.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

I think probably it was just a poorly phrased post. I mean travel outside of our own solar system - or not even, just human space travel beyond a planet or 2 past our own would surely make for some interesting discoveries....
or not?

I guess that's the problem with my speculations...they never end!

-B.M

Exactly ! Every answer only leads to more questions. Unless you just swallow every bit of nonsense offered up. In that case you might be happy with whatever answer you get and call that good and done. Me< I question everything and always look for opposing views even if the answer I get is one I like and one that fits my belief systems. I still look for someone to pooh pooh the idea and give me something else to chew on. It helps to keep me from getting too full of myself!

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar
I disagree with the notion that advanced species would be hostile, more so god-like in nature, meaning they would likely perform what we call modern abductions for genetic material of our species along with every animal/fish/plant on this planet along with virus/germ/bacteria.

These beings would have been doing this for a very long time, given their lifespans would likely be thousands of times longer than ours, so they would eventually have a codex of nature that they could use the genetic material to perhaps introduce specific species to different parts of the galaxy for their own agendas whatever they may be.

I think that hostility is only pertained to the less enlightened/advanced species of the universe because for every species they would have the same ages of advancement [stoneage/tribal/medevil/industrial/modern/whatevers next to come] that we follow and could be influenced to advance by alien species.

We have to remember that it is likely that life is rather rare, and intelligent life is perhaps even rarer, and what is their else to do when your species have mastered their planet by ridding themselves of slavery and currency with every inhabitant able to leave their planet at any time to travel the universe? I think it's likely they would take on a god-like duty, and would search for other species and positively influence them and protect them from outside threats from space/ecosystem. It's possible that they even are responsible for the religions of our modern world, if you've ever researched cargo cults you know that it is in the realm of possibility.

It's also possible that we are just 1 form of life in the universe [carbon based] there could be life that does not even seem possible to comprehend. There is just so much possibilities it boggles the mind.

I think the reason we are not in common contact with these beings are because we engage in the act of war therefor have not advanced morally and are not worthy of being in the presence of these beings. We must prove ourselves to them first before they show themselves to us.

When you're walking down the street and you're late for whatever, and you run into an anthill, do you stop and talk to them, or do you just walk past them without a second thought? It's very likely that they have zero reason to talk to us, or even disturb us.

Good points all the way around! This theory just makes more sense to me. It seems that people who think the aliens are hostile will attribute to them all of the worst qualities of mankind. I dont think our shortcomings/our predudice, our selfishness are going to be the main qualities we will need to make the great leap forward to distant star travel. I think those qualities will hinder us.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by guohua

I did research on UFO's for over 20 years.These
are my feelings towards the phenomena...
1.They are real
2.They are not friendly
3.They are not extraterrestrial,but interdimensional
4.They want to enslave our population
5.They want to kill off a great portion of our population as well
6.They are underground
This "space brother" attitude will get a lot of people killed!

1) I agree with. Many are likely explainable or hoaxes, but about 5-10% are truly unidentified & not of this Earth.
2) Yet to be determined. From what I have seen, people do far worse things to other people/animals than any alien has supposedly done to a man. Any time a being travels trillions of miles away to interact with a man, I'm sure it's not to do anything that's pointless simply just to harm them.
3) Likely they are both.
4) If they did, they would have done it long ago & especially before the development of atomic weapons.
5) This is probable. There are UFOs sighted b4 major natural disasters (Tsunami of 04 that killed 250,000) & Iceland volcano, 2010. But it's just as likely they know the disaster will occur before it does. So monitor it (time is not linear). There are records of UFOs going back to even Alexander the Great & earlier of them being around Volcanoes or even observing human wars & sometimes intervening (search "Alexander, UFOs").
6) There indeed are anomalous underground structures. Under the ocean too (Dragon's Triangle/Bermuda) with strange electromagnetic & geothermal readings (& eyewitnesses stating seeing UFOs coming from mountains or underground/ocean).

"Space brother" attitude is the best to approach them with, imo. If they were hostile and wanted a "war of the worlds" it would be over in a matter of minutes. It wouldn't be a war, it would be a massacre. These are people from other worlds that have been visiting here for likely thousands of years, Looking back at ancient Indian texts and Sumerian etc--which are things the Nazis & Vril society took very seriously & learned from to further advance their technology. Even Herman Oberth and Verner Von Braun admitted to either "we have been helped by the people of other worlds" (directly quoted from Oberth) or from the ancient texts (Von Braun).

According to a Mayan Elder (www.youtube.com...) 2012 simply represents the "return of the men of wisdom". This same theme can be seen in many religions/ancient cultures (Hopi & their Pahana, Sumeria, China's first legendary emperor with the promise to return & several ancient south American "Star People"). Actually, according to the Sumerian & Aztecs, we owe them for our gift of intelligence and sentience (which they put their genes into the stupid hominids living here--thus why no "missing link" is to ever be found). Should be thankful, if that's the case.

edit on 12-1-2011 by MasonicFantom because: Grammar

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison

Human population expansion is extremely rapid. Even if tomorrow we somehow managed to figure out a way to easily get to the various other planets in our solar system, we'd have them all populated to the maximum in way less than 50,000 years, and probably run out of resources in less than 25,000. We'd be fighting between colonies for resources for a while.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here's a theory I've not seen posted in regards to alian abductions and taking samples of our DNA. Perhaps they are storing human DNA in the event that we destroy ourselves. They could then re introduce the human race and our kind will not be eleminated from the universal community. Further proving that we are a valuable species.

posted on Jan, 12 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
^ Nice post , I totally agree with you, and the other posters in this thread who look logically at the Alien mind. No need to fight for resources they can easily get anywhere else.

Nice read

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join