It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

If they had children they left behind to make that long long long trip in some kind of stasis, those children would be long dead by the time they reached here. I would have to assume that Einstein was correct in that nothing can travel above the speed of light. If that assumption is correct they would use worm holes and take advantage of the curve in space to get from far out point A to our little blue planet boint B.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
They might live much longer than us. Look at sponges some can live to be up to 500 years old and that's in the wild. Aliens aren't sponges but sponges are life.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Except we're not brain dead are we? We're intelligent self aware creatures. We are capable of great compassion and love and we are capable of hate and great distruction too. I think that to an advanced lifeform we would be very interesting. First to monitor us to make sure we dont destroy anything with our tekky toys but mostly to see what we are all about.
This next argument gets a little esoteric but bear with me: If there is some creative force in the universe. One that creates matter out of dark matter. ( the Higgs boson looks like a likely candidate) that force was in place to create them as well as us. The reason they suspect the existence of the higgs boson is that they can "hear" it. and the vibration thats given off by this boson resonates with the same vibration as the emotion of.... wait for it... Love. I will try to find out where I found this information but I've been studying this for over a year now and I dont remember every place I read on the web or every book I took out of the library but I remember reading that . So if thats true, that the higgs resonates with a vibration like love and the higgs is what they suspect gives substance to matter then the universe was created by a force similar to love and that should then be the strongest force and the most prevalant force in the universe. I would think they would be famaliar with and capable of this emotion. I said this paragraph would be esoteric. Ok slam away....

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

Great argument! I agree with all of that. I even read on another site that "they" have said pretty much the same thing. On the other hand you said :
I propose that we could not leave this planet before achieving universal peace amongst our own. I say "we already have ." (that's left the planet not achieved universal peace)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

Our own evolution shows that bilateral developement acheives the greatest survival. Two hands, two legs, one head. From the first amphibean to crawl out of the primordial soup with two front legs, two back legs and one head its been shown that this kind of developement is necessary for any kind of advancement. So why wouldnt they look if not just like us then very similar to us?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

My husband and I always laugh when in a movie about aliens they show something that looks more like an octopus than a person. All arms and teeth but no thumbs or fingers and we ask. How did they ever build a spacecraft never mid how do they fly it! I think for any kind of space travel to be possible bilateral developement is required. or at least opposable thumbs.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

We cannot prove that one way or the other but the huge amount of hearsay concludes that we have?

Concludes?

Anyways, I had started a new thread that got deleted, fair enough as I wasn't aware of the rules here, but let me just throw this here.

Why do most of these supposed real alien footage show aliens that look too much like us? Like Stan Romanek's material.

For me, that's a deal breaker right there. If aliens exist (and I believe they do) then they must look extremely different than us.
edit on 10-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

Are you talking about the Greys?
The short Bald, Ugly Big Eyed did I say short,,,,,, long armed and skinny little guys or gals?
No real mouth or ears or nose to speck of, do they even have a belly button?
Personally, I think their clones of a race that is dying.
Could that be the reason for the abductions, the probings and possibly the removal of Ovaries, Sperm and implants?

I think the greys are kinda cute myself!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

If evolution occurs elsewhere as it did here and if our dinosaurs had not been destroyed wouldnt they have eventually evolved to a more intelligent species? I propose that the reptilians come from a planet where the dinosaur race was able to evolve.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
all theyve done is flowen around our sky and abducted a few people... and i havent seen any technology or information in return... i am verrry weary of them..

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by B.Morrison

I dont want to quote the entire conversation here, its getting too long to paste each reply but I will address this.
I feel you are quite correct in your assumptions on a topic which can be nothing but spectulation. Peace and progress go together. We might not need "all hands on deck" to achieve space travel but as you say if we go out there it would not make sense for us to go out pitching for a fight. Nor would it make sense for another race to do that either.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redevilfan09

Maybe us humans are a delicacy to them

I know I am. LOL.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Consult the Ming-Lou-Cho Chronicles (in my sig) for a detailed description (Words bearing knowledge) of the good, bad and neutral races that are involved with our race.

Some are good, some are evil and some have no purpose as of yet known to us...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gypsychology909

But that same experiment also produced an Albert Einstein, An Albert Schwitzer, and Mother Theresa. It produced Jim Henson who brought the world muppets. If this was an experiment I would call it a success that needs a little tweeking.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I've heard this argument so many times. They want to enslave us. I cannot wrap my head around that idea.
Why would an advanced civilization need slaves? Wouldnt they just have machines/robots to do manual labor. Sheesh, even I have an automatic dish washer and a vacuum cleaner. My mother who lived in a less advanced time had two hands to wash dishes and a broom to clean the floor. But progress made my life easier and more progress will make my kids lives even easier. They wont need slaves because they will have machines to do the work.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So because we live under the control of evil people, all intelligent life is therefore evil? Last I checked, the biggest advancements of mankind were not done out of evil motives. What a backwards assumption. . .

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Hi, karen61057.
Thank You for Contributing to the thread and I'm not Slamming You,,, Hell, You could be Right,, Same as the other people that Contributed,
I Thank You All......

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

My husband and I always laugh when in a movie about aliens they show something that looks more like an octopus than a person. All arms and teeth but no thumbs or fingers and we ask. How did they ever build a spacecraft never mid how do they fly it! I think for any kind of space travel to be possible bilateral developement is required. or at least opposable thumbs.

Thats quite possible as most of the accounts on the Roswell bodys and a few others mention slender thumbs but six fingers and other accounts of sucker like appendages on the fingers of other supposed recovered bodys.

Now back tracking to thier craft it seems common that they use part of the hull that can be turned transparent for external viewing along with holographic information regarding the terrain and viewing perspective.

I believe the craft are made not by hands on methods but simular to an automated senario and to put it in laymans terms actualy metallurgy grown in a way so that all components are as one and no wiring is needed due to some kind of structured communication pathways with in the crafts structural material.

Reports are that there are no seems on the hulls and the internal fittings, controls as such seem to be moulded as one in to the main internal structure.

As for navigation and actualy flying the craft may be they use something simular to a very advanced auto pilot/gps system as pass through star systems and for manual control may be some kind of neuro link to the flight controls as in not pushing buttons etc.

Just a thought

edit on 11/1/11 by Bob Down Under because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua

Hi, karen61057.
Thank You for Contributing to the thread and I'm not Slamming You,,, Hell, You could be Right,, Same as the other people that Contributed,
I Thank You All......

Your welcome! I take MasterCard or Visa

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You are right. There's limiting factors invovlved on species. What they can do. Can not make fire. Water species do not build spaceships. Need to have opposing grip and metals and tools. Not necessary to have two hands or two legs. In cambrian era there was a explosion of life and what survived was our ancestor. But as far as I can tell it was just luck. It could have been something else. I may be wrong about luck though. Happened very long time ago and I was not even born yet
Technology of aliens is limited by laws of physics ( what you can do and what you cannot do), by their body plan (what they can do and cannot do). I wonder what other thigs there are that stops a sentient race from turning into a spacefaring race ?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutSideBox
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I mean with the hivemind like Borg (only one entity, and all it's members are part of it). No variations on though, like only one individual, and only one set of values (whatever they may be) . If it meet us it may have a difficulty to understand us. In it's mind we are a crazy hivemind. With multiple personalities

Hmm... I tend to think they have free will.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join