It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What if we owe part of our design to them?

We all had projects that failed. I mean if I observed my experiment return something like 'the Manson family" or for that matter something like "Marilyn Manson" even, I may pull the plug before it gets worse and perhaps start again because the son of man has had his share of shameful achievements.

Hit moon, alt, sun and reboot this baby with 20/20 hindsight.

This is one fear I fear many share.

Also the fact that after all this time, this whole alien thing remaining officially unresolved for the most part really really is disturbing and infuriating to the intelligent. How I hated being told " Its better you dont know " upon asking pointed questions as a kid.

G.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
About aliens. Let's have some fun. Let's make an thought experiment using our planet. Let's assume that human's never excisted. Let's assume that the intelligent species would be a dog. Not a moster to our eyes. What if it's a cat. Still not a monster. A cow. Not a mosnter. A squid. Monster. A bug. Monster. snail. Monster. IF we do this to all species on earth we get more monsters than those that are human like. And that's those that are around now. Dinosaurs. monsters. This gives us a rough estimate which is that there are more monsters out there than those that looks like humans.
About ethics. What if aliens do not get it how humans can build a civilization without being a hive mind ( like they are). And they abduct people to find out. They must be really puzzled when they ask a human opinion about things and get dozen different answers. Example . Alien asks " what shape is Earth ?" and get answers like flat or hollow or a ball or apple or marix

About resources. If aliens are far away they have all the resources that they need, but if they are a next door, that's a another ball game.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutSideBox
About aliens. Let's have some fun. Let's make an thought experiment using our planet. Let's assume that human's never excisted. Let's assume that the intelligent species would be a dog. Not a moster to our eyes. What if it's a cat. Still not a monster. A cow. Not a mosnter. A squid. Monster. A bug. Monster. snail. Monster. IF we do this to all species on earth we get more monsters than those that are human like. And that's those that are around now. Dinosaurs. monsters. This gives us a rough estimate which is that there are more monsters out there than those that looks like humans.
About ethics. What if aliens do not get it how humans can build a civilization without being a hive mind ( like they are). And they abduct people to find out. They must be really puzzled when they ask a human opinion about things and get dozen different answers. Example . Alien asks " what shape is Earth ?" and get answers like flat or hollow or a ball or apple or marix

About resources. If aliens are far away they have all the resources that they need, but if they are a next door, that's a another ball game.

when you say hive mind, do you mean something that is always thinking alike, completely congruent in thought or rather something that is highly and efficiently communicative with their main form of communication? Ours is spoken words... I have thought a lot about the concept of the human oral chatter and it's boundaries, but it's pretty efficient I guess, right? Could be worse. Could be like blind moles who live in the dirt... and they don't build civilizations.

It seems their main alleged method is telepathy. Now are we talking highly efficient telepathy or practically automation. No individual thought.

I have trouble accepting the latter and wanted to establish what others think of when the word hivemind is used because I have been curious about that and want to try to get it straight.

some have mentioned actual hives of simpler organisms who do not have very complex thoughts so that's really not something to go by. This is why I have trouble with it. I'm not so sure if I think ETs would be bound to a collective will. Are we going so far to suggest they do not have free will? I'm just trying to get opinions and elaborations.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I have only read your opening post and have not
read the links.
I did research on UFO's for over 20 years.These
are my feelings towards the phenomena...
1.They are real
2.They are not friendly
3.They are not extraterrestrial,but interdimensional
4.They want to enslave our population
5.They want to kill off a great portion of our population as well
6.They are underground
This "space brother" attitude will get a lot of people killed!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It's called common sense, reason and logic....using it from time to time comes in handy.

Agreed. But alien life doesn't necessarily use the same common sense, reason, and logic.

It's only your (natural) human vanity that assumes they do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I cant see why they may be resource hungry there are plenty of uninhabited planets to pillage and I bet they have free energy systems in place

Indeed. In our solar system alone there are billions of asteroids between Mars and Jupiter, not to mention the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud packed full of whatever the Universe has to offer for free. Of course. if you are a Predator and need another human skull to make an Arcturian bong out of, well . there is only one place you can go to get your hands on one.
edit on 11-1-2011 by fockewulf190 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by PoorFool

We cannot prove that one way or the other but the huge amount of hearsay concludes that we have?

Concludes?

Anyways, I had started a new thread that got deleted, fair enough as I wasn't aware of the rules here, but let me just throw this here.

Why do most of these supposed real alien footage show aliens that look too much like us? Like Stan Romanek's material.

For me, that's a deal breaker right there. If aliens exist (and I believe they do) then they must look extremely different than us.
edit on 10-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

So you really think that humans are unique in the universe? That kind of thinking is the same with humans thinking a few hundreds years ago that everything revolves around earth.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I mean with the hivemind like Borg (only one entity, and all it's members are part of it). No variations on though, like only one individual, and only one set of values (whatever they may be) . If it meet us it may have a difficulty to understand us. In it's mind we are a crazy hivemind. With multiple personalities

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
They're here,the question is why not show up in the open??..we all know they exist theres proff of that all over the world,traces,ruins,megalitic constructions,etc,,,,,,Means that people from the past was more naive than us from this time??or people from the past was more ignorant??that call them GODS?? and they know that we are not gonna do that????or simply they are just being snobs.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
concerning extraterrestrial aliens, it would seem likely that if (big "IF") life were to develop in another location in our universe and IF it would evolve to the point of sentience as suggested by evolutionists, then it would seem that such life might be far in advance of our development on our planet.

consider, if you think about quantum mechanics and look outwards, it seems that distance objects like galaxies and galaxy clusters tend to be in quantized distances from us, giving the appearance that we might actually be in the center of the universe with expanding spheres of material around us. note that the cosmic background from our perspective seems relatively uniform. if we really are near the center of our universe, could it not also be suggested that we are in a huge centralized gravity well? if so, this means that time for our region would progress at a much slower pace compared to the surrounding universe - especially as one reaches towards the edge of our known universe. with the outer parts of the universe being farther from the gravity well effects of the center, those areas would progress in time much faster than us and thus have more time to have developed more advanced technologies.

also, as mentioned before by other posters, there are so many other places one can go in this vast universe, why even bother with humans on a tiny speck of a planet orbiting a rather ordinary star near the edge of a galaxy? we're not even capable to visiting nearby star systems within a lifetime without wasting most of the resources on our own planet (we're not even mining the asteroid belt yet!).

If anyone else is out there, we might be considered just not all that interesting

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
reply to post by guohua

We should prepare for the worst, but hope for the best. Great advice for everything in life, not just fictional alien visitors, lol.

However, I can't imagine if aliens are physical beings that have learned through years and years of evolution to traverse the EXTREME distances of space that they would be hostile. Heck, even if they needed supplies or something there would be no need to get them from a planet that has sentient life on it. There are billions of planets in the universe that probably have plenty of raw materials and basic wildlife (not sentient) that they could stop at in order to "refuel". There would be no need to expose themselves to the inherent and unpredictable circumstances that they would encounter trying to take over a planet of sentient beings just for camping supplies.

It's called common sense, reason and logic....using it from time to time comes in handy.

While we can never really know how an Alien mind might think, I rather like your logic above. Plenty planets with resources without having to kill it's inhabitants. Empty planets ftw

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I know I've posted this before, may not have been on this forum, but who's to say that the same competition for survival does not continue into space? We know that a species does not become the dominant species of a planet for playing nicely. It is possible that the same survival for life will continue beyond being a terrestrial species, much like it did from the transition from aquatic to terrestrial.

People gave Stephen Hawking a lot of sh* for saying that we should be cautious about contact with ETs, but he has a good point. He was completely against placing a "road map" to our planet on the voyager satellites, which makes sense because we do not know what is out there yet. Its like diving into murky water without knowing what is lurking under the surface.

Contact could be the difference between the United Federation of Planets, the Borg or worse.
edit on 11-1-2011 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

YES INDEED ! Also, if they're thousands or millions of years ahead of us, they could have come here in our evolutionary infancy and struck that hammer then. Not after we've aquired technology that would allow us to at least put up a fight. And then of course if they are that advanced I'm sure they've figured a way to produce clean effecient energy without the need to pillage other planets.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

YES INDEED ! Also, if they're thousands or millions of years ahead of us, they could have come here in our evolutionary infancy and struck that hammer then. Not after we've aquired technology that would allow us to at least put up a fight. And then of course if they are that advanced I'm sure they've figured a way to produce clean effecient energy without the need to pillage other planets.
Of course we have weapons if we throw some rocks at them they might notice us or we could dent something maybe.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
I would like to Thank Every One for replying.

I read the article and I'm not so sure this person is an Alarmist. I also believe that there are and I should say, will be aliens that are on the hunt to renew their supplies and energy sources.
Just because you can travel between stars does not mean you are all knowing and a light being or just a peaceful kind of beings looking to say Hi to the natives.

Traveling and pillaging other worlds my be all you know, your kind of being my have been in space for ever as far as you can remember. Maybe to then we're just a germ, parasite and bug or just In The Way!

But then again,,,,, I don't want you all to have bad dreams tonight, Yes,,, Maybe their Loving, Light and a All Giving kind of Space visitor and all they want to do is, Love Us and Pat Our Little Heads and Cure Us Of All Our Nastiness!
Sorry, i don't Buy It! I think there are Aliens out there that would Crush us like a Bug!

I doubt that any intelligent being would consider us no more than a germ. We are self aware beings. That is a rarity. The universe may be teaming with life. The recent findings of evidence of bacterial lifeforms on Mars indicates that other life can form elsewhere in the universe. If it happened here it happened elsewhere. The fact that we are self aware beings makes us special. No matter how advanced these others may be, they will recognize that fact about us. We are not bacteria, we are not mere germs. Bacteria and germs may make up the bulk of the other life forms out there. It makes sense since they certainly outnumber us on this planet alone. So from the very common we would stand out as something more. We would certainly be worthy of their study if nothing more. We study bugs. We dont seek to eliminate bugs. ( ants in my kitchen not withstanding)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Gainsayer

If the abduction stories are true. These folks who tell them are alive and recanting their experience. Dont we study other lifeforms? Do we kill the species after we've studied them? No. If they are studying us and returning us to our homes after such study why would you think they are hostile. Because they abducted us in the first place? They picked up a sample lifeform they wanted to know about, looked at it, and returned it to its natural environment. Much like we pick up sharks or what ever from the ocean. We study and then return the species to its home.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Beings capable of interstellar flight coming here to take away another groups resources?

Dont make me giggle, they could harvest asteroids or empty planets for something as trivial as metals and water.

They are interested in the same thing we are - The life on the planet, particularly us.

Or maybe they are more interested in our dogs? or trees? Or whales?

What if we are being completely ignored and they are trying to save the oceanic species?

The possibilities are endless, but we are why they are here, ultimately.

They didnt come here just to mine ores.

There have been many sightings in a park I used to canoe through of UFO's touching the water, and flying away.

Perhaps earth is just a place for them to get water as they pass through to someplace of greater interest.

edit on 11-1-2011 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057
reply to post by Gainsayer

If the abduction stories are true. These folks who tell them are alive and recanting their experience. Dont we study other lifeforms? Do we kill the species after we've studied them? No. If they are studying us and returning us to our homes after such study why would you think they are hostile. Because they abducted us in the first place? They picked up a sample lifeform they wanted to know about, looked at it, and returned it to its natural environment. Much like we pick up sharks or what ever from the ocean. We study and then return the species to its home.
If srories of ghosts and demons were real we would be screwed but their not. I belive in aliens but not abductions I have lucid dreams and they seem real abductions are no more than dreams.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I can only think of one resource they would be here for, Humans. If they wanted earth's natural resources, they would have taken it a long time ago before humans consumed it all.

If indeed the aliens are resource hungry beings, then the witch doesn't want Hansel and Gretel's ransom, she wants their bodies.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by quantum_flux

Simple physics would dictate that evolution of their technologies would be similar to our own. Electro magnetic/ gravity/ weak nuclear forces/ strong nuclear forces. These are the basic forces of physics. Any technologies they have would have evolved from one or all of these. The same as it has for us. Now how far they've developed these technologies is another question but if they've figured out how to make worm holes to get from those far reaching planets I'd say they've done a remarkable job of mastering those forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join