It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Be Wary of Space Visitors

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I have a theory based on zero sum games that (1) war is an inefficient use of precious resources and (2) that each war presents the opportunity of either losing or perhaps deficit winning whereby the outcome from the spoils gained is much less than the resources expended in fighting the war in the first or perhaps forming a trade pact with the other side. Anyhow, any civilization that attempts too much wars will probably wipe themselves out, plus making new enemies is never a smart survival move either, ergo a warlike civilization is much more likely to go extinct in the long run than a peaceful civilization, plus they are much less likely to advance technologically as quickly as a peaceful civilization (just look at the dark ages when there was a war all the time, every side was weakened by that). Starting wars is thereby the cause of demise for any civilization, and thereby it is much less likely a warlike civilization will advance to the point of traveling the galaxies.

ALSO of note is that the process of doing scientific research makes civilizations more capable of resolving their situations without resorting to primitive zero sum games such as war. Their competition for resources will probably be much more subtle than blowing things up. They will probably try to hack and brainwash us into giving them what they want instead.
edit on 10-1-2011 by quantum_flux because:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
here's the thing though.

If aliens had weapons of mass destruction, but lacked the will power to never use the technology - how could they survive long enough to achieve space travel?

If you are stating that 'they' MUST be like 'us', then consider that we cannot achieve peace on our own planet enough to collectively focus on such things as space travel - wars etc get in the way of progress.

I propose that we could not leave this planet before achieving universal peace amongst our own.

I drew these conclusions from a thread posted by another member here but I've unfortunately forgotten which one.

-B.M

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
reply to post by guohua

Some would be far more advanced than to use that type of craft and life support, now theres evidence that space/time can be distorted and shorten to decrease the distance between A & B, an artificial gravity system will do that.

True, True, I Stand Corrected.
I completely forgot about Space/Time being distorted. I guess it was my Old Age Showing.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

reply to post by PoorFool

We cannot prove that one way or the other but the huge amount of hearsay concludes that we have?

Concludes?

Anyways, I had started a new thread that got deleted, fair enough as I wasn't aware of the rules here, but let me just throw this here.

Why do most of these supposed real alien footage show aliens that look too much like us? Like Stan Romanek's material.

For me, that's a deal breaker right there. If aliens exist (and I believe they do) then they must look extremely different than us.
edit on 10-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MonteroReal

Lets put this into perspective

If they exist and no doubt they do how would they collect samples of native creatures, plant life etc. and explore without risk to themselves.

I believe very few manned or piloted craft may have touched this planet, they would use a drone craft to explore and to collect samples, now! this brings to mind the so called animal and human mutilations scenaro.

If a drone craft would not make an ethical calculation on what species to collect a sample from be it a cow or a human.

Just a thought

Regards BDU

Sorry, i don't know if i understand well, english is not my native language, but what are you saying? that a drone would have some kind of ethical parameter that would help it choose what sample collect?

If that is what you are saying, well, why assume they have "ethics" and that their ethic is similar to ours?

I am saying they would not be so choosie as to what species they would remove a sample from intelligent or not.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

If they exist and no doubt they do how would they collect samples of native creatures, plant life etc. and explore without risk to themselves.

I believe very few manned or piloted craft may have touched this planet, they would use a drone craft to explore and to collect samples, now! this brings to mind the so called animal and human mutilations scenaro.

If a drone craft would not make an ethical calculation on what species to collect a sample from be it a cow or a human.

Just a thought

Regards BDU

Sorry, i don't know if i understand well, english is not my native language, but what are you saying? that a drone would have some kind of ethical parameter that would help it choose what sample collect?

If that is what you are saying, well, why assume they have "ethics" and that their ethic is similar to ours?

Exactly, Exactly,,,, Why even begin to assume their Ethics is anything like ours here on Earth.
Your English is just fine.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The most widely reported being would be the 'Greys', yes? Small, physically weak and unimpressive. Clearly, they have evolved past the need for manual labor, which implies a 'free energy' system of sorts. It leads us to assume that there is nothing they would need on our planet in the way of resources or technology, except for the one rare thing in the universe....intelligent life...us.

If we ever find out they have been experimenting on us, abducting people for good or bad research, it warrants an immediate expulsion (if that would even be possible). If we would ever come to find out our Gov't sanctioned such testing, clearly a few heads would need to roll.

Alooooot of theorizing in such discussions, I have to remind myself not to let my mind wander too far down such paths like this.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by B.Morrison
here's the thing though.

If aliens had weapons of mass destruction, but lacked the will power to never use the technology - how could they survive long enough to achieve space travel?

If you are stating that 'they' MUST be like 'us', then consider that we cannot achieve peace on our own planet enough to collectively focus on such things as space travel - wars etc get in the way of progress.

I propose that we could not leave this planet before achieving universal peace amongst our own.

I drew these conclusions from a thread posted by another member here but I've unfortunately forgotten which one.

-B.M

Why universal peace? why we need to collectively focus in space travel? our world is simple, there are some countries who can and others who can't, countries like Burma, or Tahiti are totally irrelevant for an space travel project.

I don't know how peace in East Timor would have a positive impact in space travel, or if they have peace, what could they do to help? what they have? nothing.

World peace is not a requirement, the requirement is that the countries with advance technology work together.
edit on 10-1-2011 by MonteroReal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well may be you are right but the odds of the whole universe being populated by a human like species doesnt realy add up, I mean the odds are not realy there as such.

Ok bipedal seems logical but I believe there are more varied species than us.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gainsayer
The most widely reported being would be the 'Greys', yes? Small, physically weak and unimpressive. Clearly, they have evolved past the need for manual labor, which implies a 'free energy' system of sorts. It leads us to assume that there is nothing they would need on our planet in the way of resources or technology, except for the one rare thing in the universe....intelligent life...us.

If we ever find out they have been experimenting on us, abducting people for good or bad research, it warrants an immediate expulsion (if that would even be possible). If we would ever come to find out our Gov't sanctioned such testing, clearly a few heads would need to roll.

Alooooot of theorizing in such discussions, I have to remind myself not to let my mind wander too far down such paths like this.

A biological engineered droid comes to mind, I bet they are not realy a true species as such if they exist?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If intelligent life came to Earth it may very well have different DNA and we could possibally kill them by diseases that may affect them or vice versa. That is why they might have grey spacesuits commonly misinterperated as skin.

link   

Originally posted by PoorFool

We cannot prove that one way or the other but the huge amount of hearsay concludes that we have?

Concludes?

Anyways, I had started a new thread that got deleted, fair enough as I wasn't aware of the rules here, but let me just throw this here.

Why do most of these supposed real alien footage show aliens that look too much like us? Like Stan Romanek's material.

For me, that's a deal breaker right there. If aliens exist (and I believe they do) then they must look extremely different than us.
edit on 10-1-2011 by PoorFool because: (no reason given)

Are you talking about the Greys?
The short Bald, Ugly Big Eyed did I say short,,,,,, long armed and skinny little guys or gals?
No real mouth or ears or nose to speck of, do they even have a belly button?
Personally, I think their clones of a race that is dying.
Could that be the reason for the abductions, the probings and possibly the removal of Ovaries, Sperm and implants?

link   

Originally posted by guohua

reply to post by guohua

Some would be far more advanced than to use that type of craft and life support, now theres evidence that space/time can be distorted and shorten to decrease the distance between A & B, an artificial gravity system will do that.

True, True, I Stand Corrected.
I completely forgot about Space/Time being distorted. I guess it was my Old Age Showing.

Its all speculation no one is right or wrong and you do not have to stand corrected as I have no proof its all in the mind

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

The short Bald, Ugly Big Eyed did I say short,,,,,, long armed and skinny little guys or gals?
Could that be the reason for the abductions, the probings and possibly the removal of Ovaries, Sperm and implants?

Yeah, and the Reptilians. Why would they look so much like reptiles? What gave them the idea that anything related to reptiles are in other planets?
It's nothing but a product of our imagination. After all we can't really feel emotionally attached to something that doesn't resemble what we are used to seeing.

Let me just put this short and simple. I believe it's beyond our ability to imagine what aliens look like. I don't buy into any of these abduction stories.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This may not be related but how to you get an avatat I'm new.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentors17
If intelligent life came to Earth it may very well have different DNA and we could possibally kill them by diseases that may affect them or vice versa. That is why they might have grey spacesuits commonly misinterperated as skin.

i doubt an Alien DNA would catch earth diseases or that we would catch and alien diseases-

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Just a thought

Regards BDU

Exactly, Exactly,,,, Why even begin to assume their Ethics is anything like ours here on Earth.
Your English is just fine.

Thats the point I was trying to get over, Ethics could well be completely different and varied from one species to another its just a not feasable that our ethics are universal.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Yeah, and the Reptilians. Why would they look so much like reptiles? What gave them the idea that anything related to reptiles are in other planets?
It's nothing but a product of our imagination. After all we can't really feel emotionally attached to something that doesn't resemble what we are used to seeing.

Let me just put this short and simple. I believe it's beyond our ability to imagine what aliens look like. I don't buy into any of these abduction stories.

Greys are to will documented,,, the Reptilians, I believe is a TV made Boogie Man.
Abductions stories,,,I have to believe a few.
My idea of a true space alien is more like a squid, no bones, very flexible with eye or optical senses not will
suited for our sun and the strong light on earth, I believe they are better adapted for a watery world of great pressures and much less light.
But that's just my thoughts.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Lol, i think that the reason behing the reptilian look is obvious, we are naturally afraid of snakes, we for some reason used to be afraid of dragons, and when we started to found dinnosaurs fossils we became afraid of them too, so in our collective ideas, reptiles are not good so is very logic that the representation of a bad alien would have reptilian characteristics.

I know there are exceptions to the rule, in fact, i love reptiles, but i knot im not like most of mankind.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mentors17
This may not be related but how to you get an avatat I'm new.

Go on to the new members thread they will have the time to help out or hit the help link

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join