It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BAN GUNS and SUSPEND the Constitution!! This needs to be done NOW!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I say trolling, just trying to find out which of us have guns, go troll somewhere else clown!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by thewholepicture
OP, Gun's aside, do you really think the entire Constitution should be banned?

Absolutely NOT. Just the 2nd amendment. Banning guns is the way forward. Other parts need adjustment.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
...hey, ripper, whats new in psycho world?...

Originally posted by TheSkinRipper
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW

...no, we need our guns cuz theres too many psychopaths runnin' loose...

The right to bare arms is now outdated

...no way!... i got purty arms and i just bought all those skimpy little halter-tops... and what about that $500.00 tattoo i just got?... i aint coverin' that up... are you nutz?... oh, wait, uh - oooops, nevermind...

...(sidebar: its BEAR arms, dear)...

I do not care how people on here think

...i know but we still care about you and thats why you aint gettin our guns...

I have never needed a gun.

...not personal enough, huh?...

I do not fear people are about to attack,

...psychopaths usually dont cuz they're too busy stalking their next victim...

Nor have I ever been threatened by government or the police.

...so, you dont hold a grudge about that time they put you in the looney bin and diagnosed you as a psychopath?... that would be comforting, if you werent a psychopath...

a good gutting knife is a pure pleasure

...i had you profiled as gutter, soley based upon the persona you projected on your introduction thread, and thx to your admission and a bet i made, i just won enough money to buy another gun - thx...

link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger
Funny, but Jefferson, an American president I believe, once stated that the sole purpose of our Second Amendment was to preserve the citizen's right to take down an abusive and non-representative government.

That is exactly what the 2nd amendment means. I know people argue over what it means - but that is it.

We are a government of the people. We have the right to bear arms to protect the "people's" government.

Including protecting ourselves from our own government trying to overthrow the people.

Its that simple.

link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Then that person was responsible in the way they didnt use their gun. A responsible gun owner would never open fire into a crowd, no matter what the situation. Thanks for proving that there are MANY responsible gun owners out there.

Yes and they had the presence of mind to tackle him and hold him down until the police arrived.

So... they didn't use their guns? So what is the point of owning a gun for 'protection' if even in this extreme case the guns that apparently were available to people weren't used to protect people, the only gun used once again was for harm.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I know in the 1700s they had to protect themselves more; our society is slightly more civilized than that now?

HUH?

When I lived as a lone female in a city I slept with a shot gun under my bed. There is no way I would have felt safe living in a city otherwise.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
[color=Cyan]Are guns banned in Mexico

or Columbia ?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

you people are ill equipement mentally to own them. I would rather be surrounded by Hitler's henchmen then by American citizens with guns.

Says someone who can't even spell, or makes racial comments. I'm glad you don't have a gun. What you've typed here today proves you're too dangerous to society to own one.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSkinRipper

This has nothing to do with being gutless this is about your so called to arms so to speak about banning guns so dont try and change it to a type of killing. Dead is dead and some are good with knives and some are good with sticks but that has not a damn thing to do with guns.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

"From my cold, dead hand".

You are obviously not an american, and obviously are not in full understanding of our constitution. Guns are not, and have never been, about protection from the average citizen.

As for ripping up the bill of rights-you do realize that doing so would cause an all-out civil war, right?

And let me ask you this: If guns become illegal, do you really think that that means they become unavailable?
edit on 10-1-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

Damned right and I starred you, wish I could flag you as well. It appears to me this is an idiot youngin, from another country, who doesn't understand the US dynamic one bit.

The Second Amendment was set up to enable ourselves as a nation to have a second revolution if needed, should the interests of the American people be replaced by the interests of a few in seats of power.

Sound familiar?

Our fore fathers had a great mistrust of centralized government. Government who could appeal to the least educated among us, such as the OP of this topic.

In America, we freely consent to be governed by those we elect. We however, reserve the right in our Constitution to revoke that pact when necessary.

This is the only system of governance ever set up to explicitly allow its downfall, should the people decide it so.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
It would be HARDER for you to get hold of a gun if they were illegal

Honestly, where did you get your logic from? I want to make sure I stay away from that place.

It would not be harder for you to get ahold of a gun if they were illegal. Just like it's not harder for you to get drugs while they are illegal also. You can get drugs from just about any street corner in any city in this country. Just about any drug you want is readily available and all while being illegal.

Sorry, your logic doesn't work here, nor will it ever work. A country where all of its citizens are armed, is a much safer and better country to live in.

You are certainly welcome to move to a country that bans guns. It will never happen in the good ol' U.S. of A.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I hope after the last few days events that even the most primitive of American people can now appreciate that
GUNS needs to be BANNED for the general populas NOW!

waaahhh, somebody did something with a gun that is bad.......let's cure it with outright ignorance. lol.

I could use your ignorant argument (that is obvious trolling and I know we aren't supposed to feed the trolls, but I can't help it)....any way, how would you like it if I changed your thread title to "THE INTERNET needs to be BANNED for the general populous NOW!"?

Your probably not capable of understanding why what I just said is cracking me (and others) up.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Versa

I would love to see you attempt to prove that banning guns cuts down on gun crime lol.

Oh yes silly me, because if you don't have easy access to guns you get just as many gun crimes
slap me on the forehead, of course the UK has just as many gun killings as the US per capita.

Aww seems to me that Americans just don't want their guns taken away from them no matter what the cost

You are right on that last one: we recognize that having arms assures freedoms, just as the men who wrote the Constitution recognized and provided for.

The fact of the matter is that your contention that gun freedom = gun violence is bullsh*t. The Swiss have the most number of guns per capita than anyone else. Yet they also have one of the lowest gun-violence rates in the world.

When will you anti-gun nuts learn elementary math?

link   
just testing our mentality someone start a let allow guns for defense thread and pee on their bonfire

link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
reply to post by Versa

So now you are advocating a whole country full of trained killers with guns? How many times has a gunman killed multiple victims in America without once being taken down by your gun wielding heroes?

WHAT the heck do you think Switzerland is? A land of trained killers BY LAW! And they have the highest number of guns per capita and the lowest crime rate in the world. Shooting guns is the national sport with women and children competing too.

Thanks for that back up of my original post.

They have the highest per captita gun ownership in the world and one of the lowest gun-related crime rates in the world. Kinda blows the bottom out of these antigun nutters doesn't it?

they also have much tighter gun laws "Swiss gun laws are more restrictive than in America. Unlicensed people are not permitted to carry weapons except under special certain circumstances such as travel to military training" Swis gun laws so actually all your claim does is validate the tightening of gun ownership laws.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

From the sounds of this tread, you should never to own a gun as you obviously have an unreasonable faith in your government.

This is their goal btw. I've believed for a while now that the government wants you to be completely dependent on them; therefore TPTB have been trying to destroy our sense of community, so that we, the people, become completely dependant on the system. The government should never have to "win" a civil war... it should NEVER be us, against them. Government is made of the people, for the people... therefore a civil war should only be fought between a right and left... That why Americans need guns. To defend against a government that would go to war against it's people, as you are suggesting.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Best defence against a psychopath with a gun is.... someone else with a gun who is a better shot.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Funny, but Jefferson, an American president I believe, once stated that the sole purpose of our Second Amendment was to preserve the citizen's right to take down an abusive and non-representative government.

That is exactly what the 2nd amendment means. I know people argue over what it means - but that is it.

We are a government of the people. We have the right to bear arms to protect the "people's" government.

Including protecting ourselves from our own government trying to overthrow the people.

Its that simple.

I think I could kiss you Annee, in a non-sexist on the fore head kind of way!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Do you support the TSA screening ? Do you support TSA touching your balls ? or even your son's balls? Do you support TSA officials groping your wife in the airport in the name of extremists ?

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people. People kill people. If you could wave a magic wand and make every gun on the planet disappear, the murders would continue with some other weapon. Go look at countries like africa where machetes are the primary weapon people use to kill people. The problem is not a device than can cause harm, the problem is people want to cause harm to other people.

If you outlawed all guns today, what would happen? There are millions of guns already and still out there. Once all guns were outlawed, only outlaws and the govt would have guns, is that a society that you would want to live in?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join